First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heck yeah man! Good times

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      The Phantom is looking good. I've always loved it as a kid. A friend of I went to school with his dad flew one. Aros enjoyed the video and TIron, glad to hear the maiden went good for you. I look forward to hat cam video coming soon or a ride on as Aros had.
      Had a chance to watch the James Smith McDonnell documentary/biography a few weeks ago, enjoyed every minute of the film.

Comment

• The Skipper Spitfire and Old Crow flew today. OC is just, well, never been a favorite of mine, but it's 'fly or die' in my hangar.
        FL Spitfire:Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2104.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	126451Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2105.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	126452

AWESOME!!
        See the official FL Spit fire thread

Grossman
        Team Gross!

Comment

• This was my tech one fpv wing good Friday, but forgot to post it here:Loser:

Comment

• My a4 skyhawk flew its 101st mission today

4 flights. All good.
            Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I had a good warbird outing today. Flew my Durafly 1.1m Spit Vb and 1.1m Bf-109E, Freewing P.15 with a 12-blade fan (for the 64mm A-10) and the stock motor, and Freewing 80mm A-10 (this was my second flight of it; so, I'm still learning how she wants to be flown. Only flew the A-10 once and the others two or three times, each. Thoroughly enjoyed all of the flights. My landings were off a bit today, though. Just one of the those days where my landings were cranky. But, with that said, though, the A-10 landing was a greaser. No bounce at all. It's the little things in life that make you smile. :-)
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

• Got some flights on my A-10 despite the bad weather and two more flights with the HSD F-16

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post
                  Got some flights on my A-10 despite the bad weather and two more flights with the HSD F-16
                  Looking good Porkster, weathering looks great!

I didn’t get to fly yesterday, but I maidened my 500 size Huey on Saturday. Was just a preliminary checkout of the tuning, and still has plenty of work to go, but was fun to get it up in the air. Trying to get the major details finished by the end of the week for Heli Over Apache Pass this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

I didn’t get to fly yesterday, but I maidened my 500 size Huey on Saturday. Was just a preliminary checkout of the tuning, and still has plenty of work to go, but was fun to get it up in the air. Trying to get the major details finished by the end of the week for Heli Over Apache Pass this weekend.
                    That's awesome!
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• That's what you need TI. You don't have any bigger fling wing birds do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

That's awesome!
                        Thanks man, just wait until the grenade launcher and rocket pods are added. It will be one mean machine!

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                        You don't have any bigger fling wing birds do you?
                        Sort of. I have a Trex 700 that I am converting to a Bell 525 with a scratch built fuselage (the helicopter I actually work on), and a 600 size OH-58A Kiowa. None are flyable yet, but the Kiowa is making progress. Also find myself staring at Motion's 700 size Super Cobra sometime down the line..

Comment

• I tried helis for a while. The biggest was a Trex 500. Never got very good at it. Could hover, do figure 8s and high speed passes. Every time I tried inverted, it got ugly and expensive lol.
                          Always liked the scale birds. Yours look great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                            I tried helis for a while. The biggest was a Trex 500. Never got very good at it. Could hover, do figure 8s and high speed passes. Every time I tried inverted, it got ugly and expensive lol.
                            Always liked the scale birds. Yours look great.
                            Thanks TJ, that's actually about my skill as well, only gone inverted on the sim. I am comfortable doing everything that I can do in a real heli, and a bit more. The scale birds get heavy enough that they would not happily flip inverted either!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Thanks,

Twowingtj, if you get a scale heli you don't need to go inverted?....

Comment

• Valid point Porkster:)

Comment

• Day 618: Put several packs through the A-4, it's such a good flying plane.

Name:	20180403_225556116_iOS.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	126785

Name:	20180403_225608992_iOS.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	383.5 KB
ID:	126786
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Got in 3 more flights on the Huey tonight after work and got all of my settings tuned up. Really flies awesome now, can’t wait to add the armament!

Comment

• That's a sweeeeet chopper!

Comment

• Very nice indeed delta dart.
                                        what mechanics are you using and fbl system? I noticed it has what looks like a tiny flybar on the head? Is that a scale add-on or is it an actual flybar ?

Comment

• LOVE the Huey!!! Nice mate!

Comment

Working...
                                          X