X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
    That's too bad Todd...................something tells me that you gotta be second guessing the Corsair then :Thinking:
    Not really actually. I've flown giant scale composites at my local school's soccer field with no issue. From what I hear she's a sweetheart so I should be okay as long as I don't fly near or over the school. Not that I have ever crashed a plane on the school roof before.

:Silly:

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Not really actually. I've flown giant scale composites at my local school's soccer field with no issue. From what I hear she's a sweetheart so I should be okay as long as I don't fly near or over the school. Not that I have ever crashed a plane on the school roof before.

:Silly:
      From watching the F-16 videos it seemed like it would have benefited from tamer rates and more expo, on my jets I start out very conservative them back off as needed.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Yeah it sure looks and feels that way to me too. I thought I already had the rates pretty low (aileron is at 40%) and I have been trying out reduced expo for quicker response but I think with this jet it does require more expo.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• While I did not get to fly it - belongs to a friend, I thought I share the fun from today.
          And, while I was trying to straighten out the relationship between TX and RX on my Cub, I photobombed the Ercoupe.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
            While I did not get to fly it - belongs to a friend, I thought I share the fun from today.
            And, while I was trying to straighten out the relationship between TX and RX on my Cub, I photobombed the Ercoupe.
            If you just unplug the GPS unit and remove it that Cub will be awesome!
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
              I flew these two yesterday, I couldn't get the second one to rotate however.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180404_175158216_iOS.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	344.7 KB
ID:	127044

Name:	20180404_232912076_iOS.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	127045
              Am following with a similar design, took almost two months to arrive. Its a small balsa J3 Cub. Not sure yet if make it electric. I did buy a new Magnum XL .15, as well as 2200 and 2800 brushless motors. There is more work if I go the glow route.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Avios Sea Fury with 5 blade prop and the old Freewing SBD Dauntless... Both fly well...

Comment

• Comment

• .46 Great Planes P51 Mustang

5mph winds, humidity was the bad factor, 85%, temps in the 40s. Had to take breaks in between
                    Attached Files

Comment

If you just unplug the GPS unit and remove it that Cub will be awesome!
                      I disable it when I fly and have never used any of the related functions, but I do want to try them out and see if they work -
                      I had a hell of a time yesterday as the L-4 scrambled my TX settings and spent too much time with that stupid Spektrum Ap, getting the flight settings back for my other flyers.
                      Pulled the trigger on a DX6 after I got home.
                      You are correct, the Cub is a blast! Wanted to try some larger batteries- what are you using?

Comment

• Although still in learning mode with mine... I'm really diggin' the DX6. Granted it's the first 'real' TX I've owned... besides the ones that came with my RTF Trainer, as well as the Corsair. The DX6 put
                        both of those on the back shelf real quick! I think you'll be happy with that trigger pull. Speaking of which, I just pulled the trigger, myself, on the Eflite PT-17. Looking to pass the Apprentice soley
                        onto my son. Mostly I just wanted a tail dragger to help build my confidence with landings before I attempt to maiden the Corsair. From what I've been reading, she should do just fine for me.
                        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

I disable it when I fly and have never used any of the related functions, but I do want to try them out and see if they work -
                          I had a hell of a time yesterday as the L-4 scrambled my TX settings and spent too much time with that stupid Spektrum Ap, getting the flight settings back for my other flyers.
                          Pulled the trigger on a DX6 after I got home.
                          You are correct, the Cub is a blast! Wanted to try some larger batteries- what are you using?
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ Flyer View Post

Name:	0405181754_0001.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	127232 Quick evening trip to Bagdad Mill Park in Milton, Fl. yesterday... Also a link to my most recent flight video.
                            Awesome, cool choice in tunes. Love Joe Satriani.
                            Still Learning:D

Comment

• Tirediron, a V-tail in the backyard is awesome!
                              Still Learning:D

Comment

• I drug another one in today...

Name:	20180409_235454903_iOS.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	127951
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Thanks, Tirediron.

- that's perfect to work in unison with the PT-17 upgrades. Now using the 1200's in the Carbon Cub and they will work great in the L-4 Cub because it weighs 1/2 what the foam version does. I have 2200's for the PT-17 but wanted to start using 2600's in it, maybe even 3000, which would also work real well in the MEN Trainer (resto mod from 50's - it's the red / white one in background)
                                  Pretty cool that 'starter batteries' are working out to be upgrades for other models being added in the 'hangar'

Comment

• What did you do............. come a cross a Beechcraft boneyard???????
                                    First a Bonanza and now a Musketeer. :Cool:
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I see a strange thing happening here, is this actually Project Foil in disguise?
                                      Do TI and Alpha have an evil plane to unleash??
                                      Could this turn into the Flight of the Phoenix III???

:Drinks::Drinks:

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                        What did you do............. come a cross a Beechcraft boneyard???????
                                        First a Bonanza and now a Musketeer. :Cool:
                                        Yes...

Name:	29747350_1626507400758157_177003072_o.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	128013

Name:	20180409_214929393_iOS.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	128014

Name:	29541308_1625492660859631_427272870587809362_n.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	128015

Name:	29542692_1625492677526296_7350609306677994551_n.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	128016
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Just cause I'm known as Warbird, doesn't mean I don't know my civy airframes too. LOL
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X