Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak 32, SIG Somethin' Extra - back to back 60+ degree days with light winds in Northern Illinois in mid-February - Don't know if it is global warming or a Chinese hoax - but I'll take it.
    Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Okay, we let you borrow the :Sun: this winter...please give it back:saywha

Comment

• My buddy and I flew his 3D plane (don't know the name or model) and an old V1 FMS B-25 in the cold rain. Because that's what Pacific Northwest RC Pilots do. LOL

:Silly::Rainning::Cold:
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5155.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	63381 I had a great day at the field today. I went Schwalbe hunting, sortied my FLRC P-38 twice, and maidened my UMX A-10. The A-10 is my first jet/EDF. I have officially moved into the jet age. I've had my eye on the Freewing ME-262 for a long time and would love to get into the new Freewing 80mm A-10. I know that I should probably start with an F-86 or something, but I don't always do what I should. LOL
          I even buddy-boxed my son and daughter on a trainer. That was a lot of fun. I've got an FMS 1400mm A6M Zero that I recently scored from an estate sale. I got really frustrated with it today, because I couldn't keep the tail planted long enough to start a good take off roll. I finally tossed it back in the Tahoe and flew other warbirds.

P-47 vs. Me-262:

P-38 Sortie:

UMX A-10:

---
          Warbirder

Comment

• Great stuff there Oxotnik but don't throw the baby out with the bath water when it comes to the FMS 1400mm Zero. That model happens to be the best flying foam warbird myself and many others have claimed...Truly!
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Truly! It's remarkable that it was one of FMS' first warbirds yet it continues to be one of my top three favorite warbirds to fly. Rake the gear forward to get through your grass without tipping, and you'll fall in love with how it flies.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Yep it was Alpha that turned me on to the Zero. I would have never bothered without his insight and insistence that it was his go-to warbird. Flies like a composite.
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                  Great stuff there Oxotnik but don't throw the baby out with the bath water when it comes to the FMS 1400mm Zero. That model happens to be the best flying foam warbird myself and many others have claimed...Truly!
                  Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                  Truly! It's remarkable that it was one of FMS' first warbirds yet it continues to be one of my top three favorite warbirds to fly. Rake the gear forward to get through your grass without tipping, and you'll fall in love with how it flies.
                  I picked up this model at an estate sale, for $36. It's in near pristine condition. It was a smoking hot deal!!! I've flown it 5 times, I think, already. As you guys have said, it flies really nicely. I just can't keep the tail pinned. Others have recommended a forward take of the gear, which I've done for several other warbirds. I'll definitely try that. I've increased the elevator travel to 125 (in my DX6), thinking that that would be enough to keep the tail pinned, but it didn't. I think that I'm also going to increase my rudder travel to 125, so that if/when the tail gets a little light, hopefully, the Zero can be steered with the rudder.

I know that the battery has to go very far forward because of the short nose, but I feel that the hatch constrains the battery a bit too far forward. Are you guys using the recommended CG location?

BTW, my best-flying warbirds in the 1100mm class are the EFlite P-47D (w/ 4S, 60A ESC, 10.5x9x2 (Extra 300) prop) and Freewing FW-190A (stock); and in the 1600mm class, the Freewing Mossie and FlightLine P-38. The Zero is my first 1400mm class plane.
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                    Okay, we let you borrow the :Sun: this winter...please give it back:saywha
                    Can't we keep it for just a little while?
                    Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Day 213 flew the Tigercat, this has to be the most gentle flying plane ever...so relaxing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7789.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	63435
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                        Day 213 flew the Tigercat, this has to be the most gentle flying plane ever...so relaxing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7789.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	63435
                        Ahhh.... Every time I see that field, windsock and power line I am reminded of Saturday. What a fun time. Keep 'em coming.

Comment

• My granddaughter Adrianna flying a Hobbyzone Sport Cub S.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7790.JPG Views:	1 Size:	142.6 KB ID:	63448
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Had another great day at the field. I put a camera in the nose of my Freewing Mossie and had a couple fun flights, chasing an FMS T-28 around the field. I need to tweek the camera mount a bit, then it should be good to go.

Freewing Mossie video (2 flights): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZZGPlzLO3w

Freewing FW-190A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTJhz1QUAEY

FMS A6M Zero (2 Flights... still struggling with ground handling, but the flight characteristics are great): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNpQ0U4Ipo0

EFlite UMX A-10 (3rd Flight - need to hand-launch with a bit more gusto): https://youtu.be/e6ttpSh6r4U
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

• Oxotnik...nice videos!

Flew the Super Scorpion in her new paint job today. Also knocked the dust off the F-5. It was a beautiful day with a little wind.

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• It's been dumping rain here day-after-day. Does flying in my mind count? :Rainning:
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

It's been dumping rain here day-after-day. Does flying in my mind count? :Rainning:
                                  NOOOOOOO.............cause in my mind that is like some kind of erotica. LOL :Silly:
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

It's been dumping rain here day-after-day. Does flying in my mind count? :Rainning:
                                    It's sunny and in the 70s here...I'll post you up some pictures latter you can live vicariously through ;)
                                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Please do, it's all I have to go off of these days. LOL
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• For the Presidents' Day Weekend, I also took Friday off. I flew from noon 'till dark, 3 of the 4 days. I had to come back to work to rest.
                                        ---
                                        Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                          ...I flew from noon 'till dark, 3 of the 4 days. I had to come back to work to rest.
                                          Now THAT'S funny right there! LOL LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X