X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

So was this your maiden with the Corsair?
    ahh.... no. :) Just gave him a taste of the field. Ran him up and down a few times. Even let him wag his tail a bit, but kept both feet on the ground for now. Feeling the confidence building with the Stearman, just not enough to let loose the Corsair just yet.
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Just a word about the corsair, make sure that cg is spot on or you will definitely have a hand full. I have the dynam one and even with a 2700 4s pack I still needed the prescribed 1/2 ounce of lead in the cowling per pilot Ryan's suggestion in the video. Without it the tail will wag in the sky as well as on the ground. In a more angry state.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm pretty meticulous about my CG. Actually ended up with about an ounce in the nose, although I've just got the 2200 in there for now. Ended up dead center of the suggested CG range to find the perfect balance with the gear up or down. :Cool:
        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Heck yeah! That's awesome

Comment

• Club member flying his Jet glider at the field today.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• That was pretty cool

Comment

• More practice with the T-6, and shot a cool video with the PT-17, but Cox Cable is the suck...3 attempts to Utube but no cigar...

Comment

• Lookin' forward to that vid! I don't even bother with the tube... I use Vimeo's freebie package. Only allows like 5g u/l a week, but I don't use it so much that it's a hindrance for me.
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                    Lookin' forward to that vid! I don't even bother with the tube... I use Vimeo's freebie package. Only allows like 5g u/l a week, but I don't use it so much that it's a hindrance for me.

Like last time, it just kinda appeared this morning even though it looked up at 99% last night when I tried to upload it.

Comment

• I think he said the issue is a bottle neck in his service provider.

YT works 100% of the time, I even got multiple accounts depending what it is for, its free as well.

Comment

• My son and I took a few planes to the field today, was a good day of flying with the tigercat and P38. My son was flying his Sportsman S.

Comment

• Interesting day -
                          The Texan needs some attention on the left main gear. It wants to swivel. I snugged the grubscrews yesterday before flying and on the last flight I noticed one wheel did not come up. Made a low slow pass and cycled them down and then up again and all was well. While my landings were improving I kept ground looping despite some pretty nice touchdowns. When the gear hung on retraction on the 2nd flight, I did same recycle and again was good, flew, landed in calm wind with a nice straight and slow TD and immediately ground looped to a stop, when I noticed taxing back it pulled left more than it should. I checked the gear and yup - it swivels again.:Angry: Ordered an new retract and of course they are back order - So why does Motion not stock them?

Also tried the gyro out in the Army Cub for the first time - see my other thread Old kit - new tech. Mostly a success but needs some fine tuning.

Comment

• Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                            I think he said the issue is a bottle neck in his service provider.

YT works 100% of the time, I even got multiple accounts depending what it is for, its free as well.
                            It wasn't intended as a slam on YT... was just sayin I prefer the other guys. Freefifty is always the best price on all accounts... :)
                            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• I did two flights with the Sensei today, and one short flight with the Calypso. The Calypso was acting a bit strange on the controls - not uncontrollable, just not normal. I went ahead and brought it in, and for some weird reason, it has up-trim on the elevators, and too much to trim out on the TX. Not sure what happened, but I need to correct that before the next flight.

I didn't even bother with the camera on either plane today. Just went out to have fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                                I did two flights with the Sensei today, and one short flight with the Calypso. The Calypso was acting a bit strange on the controls - not uncontrollable, just not normal. I went ahead and brought it in, and for some weird reason, it has up-trim on the elevators, and too much to trim out on the TX. Not sure what happened, but I need to correct that before the next flight.

I didn't even bother with the camera on either plane today. Just went out to have fun.
                                Did the servo move -had that happen once and servo was loose.

Comment

• Servo was still secure. The only thing I can figure is it seemed the tail assemble might have shifted to one side a bit. I loosened the screw securing the assembly, and made sure it was straight. I ended up setting the servo to the zero-trim center position, and readjusting the elevator rod clevis for neutral elevator.

To be honest, my first thought was that the servo horn had somehow loosened up and jumped a couple of teeth on the servo, but it was still secure as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                                    3 packs through the FW f-86. Its a tough call between the FMS a6m and the fw f86 for best flying foam rc plane.
                                    Curious if you did the landing gear modification to your Zero?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

Curious if you did the landing gear modification to your Zero?
                                      All I ever did was put a washer on the backside for a little forward rake. Never did and if that crazy cutting like they did in air traffic video. Bird lands so light I can dead stick it in from 75 feet up.
                                      AMA 1102566

Comment

• Today was test and trim of a Hanger-9 1.50 size P-51 with 33 cc Evolution and electric retracts from Hobby King. I also modified it for a retractable tail-wheel.
                                        Older version with the yellow tail.

Still need some work on the tail-wheel, as I haven't set up the doors yet.

Takeoff was good, but it dropped the right main wheel off the axle, So I ended up landing gear up in the tall grass. I only flew it long enough to check the trims and make a couple of low approaches.. Broke the prop because it stopped pointed down too much when I killed the engine.

I'm not good at getting pictures. I do have some of this airplane somewhere, which I'll attach later. (or maybe get some new ones taken soon)

FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• A few pictures from earlier this week.....
                                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Working...
                                          X