Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goosekiller1 View Post
    OV10 Thanks you.and ya I'm half blind LOL Happy flying to you and Dan. Mike
    No, definitely not the 1600 mm. That was the beginning of last year's flying season. I have the nasty little beast of a battery sitting right here in front of me, the solder let go where it connects to the Deans connector, nasty little beast!!
    I was so pissed that I came home and grabbed more planes and headed right back out again. My buddy who I was flying with that morning lost two as well. Second trip out was much better!!

Smitty the Spitty is back in one piece and I swapped out the receiver for a Lemon and got rid of all the E Flite Gyro crap and she flies okay, it's a little under powered in my opinion.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8534.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	133726

Pandora Two is hanging from the ceiling right now in semi retirement, but she has flown several times since the repair job, love that plane!!

Name:	IMG_8853.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	133725

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• BTW, here's the two Spitfires, BIG difference!

Name:	IMG_1989.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	133728
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Yeah it is, I only flew the seawind again today after the storms passed

Comment

• Gee whiz, 2days in a row - out of work at 3 PM and winds are 15 - 25 and gusty. Maybe tomorrow...

Comment

• Ugh! Man I hate when the weather does that. Hope you get some stick time soon, the hardest thing to do is land on the pond with the high winds hitting

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              Ugh! Man I hate when the weather does that. Hope you get some stick time soon, the hardest thing to do is land on the pond with the high winds hitting
              Similar problem with only pavement or hard dirt with various size small rocks up to an inch or so. About a week ago, a nasty gust slammed my Stearman into the pavement from about a foot over the runway and sorely tested those shock struts. It actually did break the glue joint with the gear mount in the foam, but fortunately it was a clean easy fix.
              CAVU and calm winds hopefully coming soon to both of our areas, once that polar jet stream finishes it’s yearly migration north.

Comment

• Yes, I'm looking forward to that!

Comment

• At the field today...great weather for flying here. ANYWAY...check out the RC skydiver one of the club members has...so cool!!
                  Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                  Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Thats pretty cool

Comment

• I got the T6 and the Cub in the car for after work...winds are forecast < 10 kts.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	A 10 landing.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	133814

Final approach...full flaps. This is one of the best pictures I now have of my A-10.
                        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

Final approach...full flaps. This is one of the best pictures I now have of my A-10.
                          Need a “double LIKE” button!

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                            Gee whiz, 2days in a row - out of work at 3 PM and winds are 15 - 25 and gusty. Maybe tomorrow...
                            That's why I've been gettin' in some sunrise flights. Really nice until right about noon...

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Woohoo... I'm on a streak here! Up to 9 batteries run without needing to break out the Foam Tac! Feelin' good.... :)
                              Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                                Woohoo... I'm on a streak here! Up to 9 batteries run without needing to break out the Foam Tac! Feelin' good.... :)
                                DOAHHH! Don’t jinx yourself.
                                I’’lll be flying at AMPS around 4 PM if you are in the neighborhood and have a break.

Comment

Heck of a shot Lon. Looks gorgeous!

Comment

Very cool pic!

Comment

You would swear that's the real thing. Nice shot!

Comment

• Great one Lon,
                                        I love the pics that make you guess, is it real??
                                        Of course it is, it's just small:):)

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

DOAHHH! Don’t jinx yourself.
                                          I’’lll be flying at AMPS around 4 PM if you are in the neighborhood and have a break.
                                          Yeah, I've been "knockin' on wood" quite a bit today. Was up in the area today, closed and picked up the keys on the new home. Final walk through was yesterday. I stopped by the field just to time it back to the house... 15 minutes. Makes the house payment just that much easier... :)
                                          Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Working...
                                          X