First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol, grats.

great pic Lon.

Comment

• 4 flights with the Cub while the winds slowly dwindled, then 3 flight batteries with the T-6, seems my landings with it are still poor. I either get the ‘bunny hop’ or stall it 6” inches above the pavement. Both finish with a ground loop. I don’t seem to have very much right rudder authority on the ground - but I think it’s the wheel and not rudder itself because it is adequate on takeoff. Taxiing has very little right turn - nearly none with left xwind on ground. Yes, I am using full up elevator on ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        Great one Lon,
        I love the pics that make you guess, is it real??
        Of course it is, it's just small:):)

Grossman56
        Yes, just small...the person taking pics had some $$$$ in photo equipment. Anyway, the brown truck showed up at my house today, and, no plane...NEW CAMERA!!!! (Sony a6000) So, hope i can catch some top quality photos and HD video myself. l hope to get some camera time in, so at least halfway efficient with new camera come NEFI time.

Thanks everyone on the compliments on the A-10 photo..all the credit goes to Dave and his equipment, that took the picture.
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
          4 flights with the Cub while the winds slowly dwindled, then 3 flight batteries with the T-6, seems my landings with it are still poor. I either get the ‘bunny hop’ or stall it 6” inches above the pavement. Both finish with a ground loop. I don’t seem to have very much right rudder authority on the ground - but I think it’s the wheel and not rudder itself because it is adequate on takeoff. Taxiing has very little right turn - nearly none with left xwind on ground. Yes, I am using full up elevator on ground.
          Maybe the tail wheel is touching down too fast?

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

Maybe the tail wheel is touching down too fast?
            Definitely - I get no rollout at all unless I am fast and bounce! Lol.

Comment

• LOL no doubt, but I'll say swap the retract out and see how it goes.

Comment

• Bought a F-22 foam board kit at the airshow this past weekend. It came with everything to finish it for 60.00!!! Even a full roll of hinge tape. No receiver or battery or glue, but...…. What a deal, and it flew nice, but the wind beat her up! Then I added an A3-L from Motion and it is a different plane in the wind! Rock solid with the gyro pots at 1100. And dusted of the old E-Flite P-47D on 3s and had a great flight. Going out to do it again. Nice to be able to fly in the driveway!!! The trusty cooler is close at hand! LOL :Drinks: Then I have to mow! Oh well, play and then you pay! Ha!

Comment

• Looks like a great time going on there!

Comment

• Wish you were here! It would be rude to mow when a guest in present!!! HA!!! LOL

Comment

• Great shot Lon!
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Yup I could have postponed your payment for play!LOL

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	3BC575A5-DA96-45DE-9A0F-250BADBBBCDC.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	421.0 KB
ID:	134089 Flew one pack in 20 mph winds today. Fun but still butt clenching
                          AMA 1102566

Comment

• Nice! That's one of the only airframes I would trust in wind like that, those T28s are so smooth and stable. For sure still have to be on the sticks!

Comment

• Was running a couple batteries through Woodstock down at the field this mornin'... when this old bird (the Corsair, not Sid) showed up. I don't know who made it, but he said it's about 5 years old now. Definitely looked aged, although still just as purdy. Unfortunately, after gettin' it together and fired up, while on the strip, he noticed the left gear looked offset from the right. Walked out on the field and found it had pulled loose from it's mounting and it never made it up in the air today. So Woodstock just begged me for a selfie with him in the background. :)
                              Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                                Was running a couple batteries through Woodstock down at the field this mornin'... when this old bird (the Corsair, not Sid) showed up. I don't know who made it, but he said it's about 5 years old now. Definitely looked aged, although still just as purdy. Unfortunately, after gettin' it together and fired up, while on the strip, he noticed the left gear looked offset from the right. Walked out on the field and found it had pulled loose from it's mounting and it never made it up in the air today. So Woodstock just begged me for a selfie with him in the background. :)
                                Looks to be the Hanger 9 20cc Corsair. R.
                                AMA 424553

Comment

• That was my guess as well, all in all, looks like a great time to me!

Comment

• Could it be a ESM Corsair or is it to small?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post
                                      Could it be a ESM Corsair or is it to small?
                                      Too small, the ESM had a 85" w/s and in the pic it definitely looks about the 65" range of the HAN 9 20cc version ;)
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Day 671: I put two sets of batteries through the old Tigercat today, it had been a while since I flew her...nice solid flying plane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180524_212432738_iOS.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	360.4 KB
ID:	134144
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I really feel like the flightline tigercat is probably my most well behaved and fun plane in my hanger. Even above my CZ T28. Close third would be a tie between my flightline P38 and my seawind.

Comment

Working...
                                          X