Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too breezy to fly today after work, but tomorrow looks pretty good. Have to get as much flying in as possible as I am doing on-site Training next week -will be in Salt Lake area for the whole dang week, so my birds will get a rest. Any good clubs I should check out?

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
      Day 671: I put two sets of batteries through the old Tigercat today, it had been a while since I flew her...nice solid flying plane.
      That's a understatement.........a rock solid twin ;) And some of us know that twins are 2X the fun LOL The only twin that is better than the Tiger is of course the :ov10
      The Tigercat was the first of the warbirds to fly @ BWA the other day and my dad was just totally enthralled watching it.
      I'm beginning to think he is happier about giving me that airstrip than I was to get it. :)
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I really need to pick up one of those Tigercats.

Maidened my Phantom today... :)

My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          I really need to pick up one of those Tigercats.

Maidened my Phantom today... :)

Nice Todd! Still dodging light poles ehh? So, what are your thoughts on it? Also, how do you get past the music copyright Gremlins?

Comment

• Nice video Todd, isn't she a sweet flying bird?!
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

That's a understatement.........a rock solid twin ;) And some of us know that twins are 2X the fun LOL The only twin that is better than the Tiger is of course the :ov10
              The Tigercat was the first of the warbirds to fly @ BWA the other day and my dad was just totally enthralled watching it.
              I'm beginning to think he is happier about giving me that airstrip than I was to get it. :)
              I've been flying my Tigercat almost every time I go out. Yesterday, I got 3 flights. (I need to get another set of batteries). Hanger rash is starting to accumulate. I love that plane. I just wish I had a better way to transport and protect the wings

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	A-10 parked.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	134223
                Beautiful morning here in eastern Iowa...4 flights in before 7am :)

Aros, great maiden with the F-4. I can relate to the light poles at one of my flying sites. Poles are more spread out here.
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Nice Todd! Still dodging light poles ehh? So, what are your thoughts on it? Also, how do you get past the music copyright Gremlins?
                  Thanks Steve! Yeah, unfortunately I don't have anywhere locally that doesn't have light poles and the clubs near me have grass fields that are too small. As I posted in the F-4 thread, I love it! Just a real jewel. From the moment she left her feet I knew she was going to be a *****cat. Who knew a foam Phantom could fly so well? Just love it all around! As for the copyright Gremlins, I did receive a "warning" notice but that particular song has always seemed to pass the test of being yanked (but ads appear in the beginning).

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                    Nice video Todd, isn't she a sweet flying bird?!
                    Thanks George, boy is she ever! Can't wait to take her out again after work!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I'm not trying to bust balls but dont you guys who fly over buildings and people and such worry about accidents? **** as someone who has crashed and had a immediate lipo 6s explosion basically I am terrified of catching a school or a car or house on fire if the worst were to happen.
                      AMA 1102566

Comment

• Every moment I fly near buildings, brother. Every moment. That's why I won't fly with anyone around. The amphitheater parking lot that I fly at (in the video I posted above) is empty when I fly. I have permission from them to fly there. If I crash into their property and cause damage I take that risk and I would be fully responsible for any damages. I don't have the luxury of flying in flat, wide-open land without obstructions like some do. So I take the necessary precautions that I can when I do fly. Same goes for the school I have flown at for years. I won't fly if people are there and after my accident with my Spitfire I never fly anywhere near the school itself.
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Heck yeah WC that's great stuff indeed. I need a couple more twins. That Phantom flys really well too.

Comment

• Awesome Todd. Grats mate

Comment

• Cheers!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I flew

a lawn mowerLOL
                                but tomorrow I shall fly 3 twins and a hellcat. With a trojan! Ooooh yeah!LOL:)

Comment

Every moment I fly near buildings, brother. Every moment. That's why I won't fly with anyone around. The amphitheater parking lot that I fly at (in the video I posted above) is empty when I fly. I have permission from them to fly there. If I crash into their property and cause damage I take that risk and I would be fully responsible for any damages. I don't have the luxury of flying in flat, wide-open land without obstructions like some do. So I take the necessary precautions that I can when I do fly. Same goes for the school I have flown at for years. I won't fly if people are there and after my accident with my Spitfire I never fly anywhere near the school itself.
                                  yeah when I first started flying I accidentally powered of my tx thinking it was a trim button. Corsair straight into a roof of a building. Luckily I had AMA and they paid out minus my 200$ deductible. It still scares me because I have nowhere else to fly but this dead end street in a industrial park. All the clubs around me hate foamies and there fields are setup for large planes. So I am left to myself on a dead end street. It makes run out hard on landing as both ends are down hill with me standing at the peak. Sigh it sucks.
                                  AMA 1102566

Comment

Every moment I fly near buildings, brother. Every moment. That's why I won't fly with anyone around. The amphitheater parking lot that I fly at (in the video I posted above) is empty when I fly. I have permission from them to fly there. If I crash into their property and cause damage I take that risk and I would be fully responsible for any damages. I don't have the luxury of flying in flat, wide-open land without obstructions like some do. So I take the necessary precautions that I can when I do fly. Same goes for the school I have flown at for years. I won't fly if people are there and after my accident with my Spitfire I never fly anywhere near the school itself.
                                    You have AMA right? They should be able to help you out in a situation, if God forbid you needed it. Just be careful as I know you are and hopefully that day will never come. And remember theres alot of good people here including me if you ever needed a helping hand out of a problem come hell or high water we're gonna do our best to keep you afloat and back to dry land. One thing I have learned about being here, no one leaves a fallen comrade. I'm sure I speak for the rest of the guys when I say we have your back brother. We're all just a forum post away. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post

yeah when I first started flying I accidentally powered of my tx thinking it was a trim button. Corsair straight into a roof of a building. Luckily I had AMA and they paid out minus my 200$ deductible. It still scares me because I have nowhere else to fly but this dead end street in a industrial park. All the clubs around me hate foamies and there fields are setup for large planes. So I am left to myself on a dead end street. It makes run out hard on landing as both ends are down hill with me standing at the peak. Sigh it sucks.
                                      Hey the message above goes for you too as well as anyone here. Hooah!

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post

10 years ago, our club / field was in the same “death to foamies” mindset. Since electrics now outnumber the gassers everybody makes room for each other and respects, shares, and encourages all forms of model flight. The real emphasis is on safety, and while I plan to possibly ruffle some feathers regarding situational awareness. It is obvious those clubs will either wither and die or limp along with elitism as an excuse to defy change.
                                        Rifleman is right, AMA wants to hear about this and you also have a chance to speak out to those who foster the spirit of the hobby and aviation - which is the real motivation here, because aviation is always changing and if you don’t keep up you will find yourself grounded.
                                        Suppose I should point out, there’s plenty of sky for everyone.

Comment

• Got 5 flights on my LX F4 with Fms 70mm fans,114 mph in a slight dive.according to gps module on 6s
                                          3 flights on HK ME 163
                                          2 flights on Eflite carbon z 150 6s

Comment

Working...
                                          X