Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the Sensei up for two flights this morning. Not the prettiest of landings today, but not so bad as to have done any damage.

Comment

• Carbon Z T28 - Jolly Rogerized

Click image for larger version

Name:	T28 Jolly Roger.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	134729

Comment

• Day 675: Flying in the rain...

TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Maidened my Fw F4 + 5
          absolutely wonderful flying plane.
          Had 2 good flights on the LX F4 until the nose steering servo went to the crapper
          flew the ME 163 3 times 2 times with rocket assist.
          flew the citation 1 time and the rh gear pulled from the wing......13 flights on it and the gear had barely any glue on it.

Comment

• Dang, TiredIron. If that plane had any shorter of a take-off roll, it'd be a helicopter! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
              Dang, TiredIron. If that plane had any shorter of a take-off roll, it'd be a helicopter! :D
              It has a Rare Bear motor and ESC, it won't even roll the tires on 4S.
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Before I took my 15 mins of silence for our brother's we lost, I took to the field with my CZ T28, the tigercat, P38, the hellcat, and my FX79, it was a good day, just another one of those 100+ cookers. Good day of flying, but when it was over. The thoughts came pouring in.

Comment

• And here's the fx79 flight, after words I had to look at my expo setting... 0%... :Silly:

Comment

• And here's my friends ventique

Comment

• Flew the Cessna 150 and the FMS F-18F 70mm in a gnarly cross wind. Both handled it like a breeze. Wow, I just realized that was a really bad pun. LOL
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• You guys would have enjoyed this - the view from our ‘classroom’ this morning. Doing on-site training this week and after 4 hours of familiarization we did 2 hour flights with each pilot. So a SUNNY spring afternoon over the central Utah valley and 4hours in a twin turbocharged, pressurized beauty.
                        But I miss my RC hangar when the weather is this nice, even more so when you could actually fly from a real runway and no problems with full size aircraft...yup it is that deserted.

Comment

• I would have loved to have been there honestly brother.

Comment

• Day 679: Hadn't flown this one in a while, put four flights on it this morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180601_140504733_iOS.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	355.4 KB
ID:	135265
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                              You guys would have enjoyed this - the view from our ‘classroom’ this morning. Doing on-site training this week and after 4 hours of familiarization we did 2 hour flights with each pilot. So a SUNNY spring afternoon over the central Utah valley and 4hours in a twin turbocharged, pressurized beauty.
                              But I miss my RC hangar when the weather is this nice, even more so when you could actually fly from a real runway and no problems with full size aircraft...yup it is that deserted.
                              I'm about 30 miles on the new Mexico side of the border. My first overnight stop I plan to make in Tucsan on my way to Oregon.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

I'm about 30 miles on the new Mexico side of the border. My first overnight stop I plan to make in Tucsan on my way to Oregon.
                                I came to Phoenix from Oregon for a 10 day vacation...that was in 1996.

LoL!

just got back to Phoenix this evening, thanks to generous and enthusiastic new aircraft owner / client. Stop in Phoenix tomorrow I’ll find ya!

Comment

• I will be flying tomorrow, but monitoring cell TX’s for visiting modelers...

Comment

• Wave as you go by, Rifleman. Oh, and if you have a little time to spend in the Old Pueblo, the Pima Air and Space museum, just east of I-10 on Valencia Road, has one incredible collection of aircraft, including one of the few remaining B-36 bombers. You can see the tails of many of their aircraft from the freeway.

Of course, you can also see the tails of the C-5 Galaxies in storage in the Davis-Monthan Boneyard from the freeway.

If you're here for the weekend, and looking for the best attractions, the one I tell everyone is the "must see" is the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. It's part natural history museum, part botanical garden, part wildlife park, part aviary, part art gallery, and even part aquarium. It's great for kids and adults alike, and one of our favorite destinations with our cameras.

If you want to take a little time to fly in the desert, I'm sure you'd be welcome to stop by and fly at the SAGE field, provided you're an AMA member (that's their biggest rule for guest pilots). Exit the freeway at Twin Peaks Road in Marana, on the west side of the Tucson area, and turn south. At Silverbell Road, you take a right and immediately get into the left lane to curve up through the pass between the two peaks. Stay on Twin Peaks road until you reach Glover Ranch, where the road ends, and then take a right on the dirt road (there's a sign pointing to SAGE.). Our field is about 1/4 mile on the right.

Comment

• While we don’t have a cool Pima Air & Space Museum or Davis - Monthan storage, AMPS is open to AMA members as well.
                                      43rd Ave & Pinnacle Peak Rd. But if ya don’t have time just wave as ya go by...we’ll wag the wings.

Comment

• The Phoenix Metro does have its own collection of cool things to see.

Comment

• I'll be leaving the hotel tomorrow around 730 so should be there around 930ish as long as traffic cooperates. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X