X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
    I enjoyed the Spitties much more than the Mustangs. The 'Stangs are great flyers, but the Spitties are faster.
    No German birds, so they weren't properly motivated.LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

No German birds, so they weren't properly motivated.LOL
      LOL The Schwalbe is down with a bent strut. Shudda brought my staffel of FW-190A's to motivate the Mustangs to fly a bit better.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• Based on some unofficial and totally unscientific flying yesterday... I think that the P-40 stock is about neck and neck with the spitty. And, believe it or not, I had no trouble staying with the spitty while flying the P-51 on the 580kv motor.
        hmmmm....

But the spitty has a LOT of power. I saw him get out of a few bad spots with just shear thrust. Awesome plane.
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Day 544: Got the Bushmule out in the snow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180117_201517338_iOS.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	113502
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• How was it there today. If it would have been NC you would have needed deicers and wipersLOLLike the Mule.
            Dewey l

Comment

• We had 4" that never went away. Stayed below freezing all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                How was it there today. If it would have been NC you would have needed deicers and wipersLOLLike the Mule.
                Oh it was really nice 27 and light wind...at least nice compared to what it has been :)
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Heck yeah!!!!! Here in North Texas is was 7F at the house in the AM.... The UMX Timber didn't know...... :Silly:

Comment

• Where do I purchase a Bush Mule??? That is cool!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                      Where do I purchase a Bush Mule??? That is cool!!!
                      Hobby King. Avios Bush Mule. It is a great flying twin STOL.
                      ---
                      Warbirder

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20180119_134648.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	113690

warbird day
                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• UMX TIMBER..squirrely little thing....it keeps my skills sharp for my big planes. Does anybody else disagree that the smaller planes are harder to fly...Post replies I would like to hear from you

Comment

• bigger plane => more mass (and usually higher wing loading) so better resistance to minor wind gusts.

PZ Vapor can be owned by your house's AC vent. Hang a 2 lb plane from the ceiling about 2 ft from the vent and it might wiggle when the AC/heat comes on.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Finally got to fly, so flew this one
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Hey Rifleman, what OSD/flight controller are you using there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dkingbattman@yahoo.com View Post
                                  UMX TIMBER..squirrely little thing....it keeps my skills sharp for my big planes. Does anybody else disagree that the smaller planes are harder to fly...Post replies I would like to hear from you
                                  Yes, they can hone your flying skills for wind.
                                  AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                                    Hey Rifleman, what OSD/flight controller are you using there?
                                    It's just a simple Cyclops breeze osd system. No flight controller, however it does have the frsky S8R receiver installed that has flight stabilization I think works really well, and a plus to it is it's programmable though the horus x10. So far I've been super happy with the radio and receivers. My ultamate plan is for a vector in this bird, but that's still a few months away as I'm still in recovery mode from the truck engine blowing up.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I'm looking for an OSD that provides speed, altitude, and horizon. But I don't want to break the bank. This one seems pretty reasonable. :)

Comment

• If you want a full system that has everything (including airspeed) for not much coin I might suggest the Cyclops tornado. Here's a video with that unit I got it from foxtech

Comment

• I flew my Pandora on Friday and got some great flight video just have to figure out how to load it on to YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                          X