Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifleman, I know exactly what you mean! There's nothing for us to look forward to getting older. More aches and pains all over and now this nasty pollen has started falling and the allergies have kicked in. I'm hoping for a pretty day to get some stick time and that'll help me feel better. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Same to you Hardway!
    Still Learning:D

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Rifleman, I know exactly what you mean! There's nothing for us to look forward to getting older. More aches and pains all over and now this nasty pollen has started falling and the allergies have kicked in. I'm hoping for a pretty day to get some stick time and that'll help me feel better. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Same to you Hardway!
      Thank you so much! You get better too!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Thank you guys so much, feels better to know there's a support chain out there like this.

Comment

• That's right! Fellow pilot friends gotta stick together and always help out and give support to one another. I'm ready for some Spring Weather. That'll help us feel a better with all the aches and pains.

Comment

• Yes Indeed! I am looking forward to it. At some point I'm hoping I can buy a piece of land and build a nice full out flying field close by for my guys I fly with and myself. The only thing that makes me shy away is I just don't want to be in middle of political crap that come with clubs. I don't know, at this point it's just a dream to have w flight strip and float pond.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              Yes Indeed! I am looking forward to it. At some point I'm hoping I can buy a piece of land and build a nice full out flying field close by for my guys I fly with and myself. The only thing that makes me shy away is I just don't want to be in middle of political crap that come with clubs. I don't know, at this point it's just a dream to have w flight strip and float pond.
              I've been very blessed to have a setup like this and the best part of it is the great friends I have to fly and fellowship with....

...if you build it they will fly!
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Flew all 3, and 3 flights each, before the winds had me retreat to the build room.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I've been very blessed to have a setup like this and the best part of it is the great friends I have to fly and fellowship with....

...if you build it they will fly!
                  Yes sir! That's my hope and plan. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by crankestein View Post

I have seen one of those little jets fly, and they do move, at least the one I saw at the field (exactly like yours), had some issues making it land as it comes in hot and with no wheels difficult to track on the ground.
                    They are fun little EDF's to fly. I usually just cut the throttle about over the runway threshold and glide to a landing.
                    Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Following Rifleman & co. As I come up on 70, yes. more aches and pains, and yes, it's hell getting old, but I always approach it from the point of view that getting old sure beats the alternative.

;) Jack
                      Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Yes! Big time!

Comment

• Now we have bombs going out fed ex around here... sucks.

Comment

• Sick people in the world... just why would someone want to do that? :(

Comment

• I just don't understand why someone would want to do such things. I guess the same goes for a coward terrorist. Rifleman, I'm lucky to be in a awesome club with few politic issues. We have one of the best fields in eastern NC as many pilots from many other clubs say at our fly-ins. We are going to have our 1st Jet Rally this year and of course our annual spring fly-in and Big Bird Warbird fly-in in the fall.

Comment

• Just goes to show when someone has evil in their hearts they will use any and all means necessary to project it to the world. Guns need not apply anymore folks. Evil is evil no mater what tool is used. Pauly, i hope one day I can make it out to fly with y'all, that is my kind of club!

Comment

• We would love to have you. I know I'll be working our Spring Fly-in, but I'm hoping to try and get a video in on some of the acting. We had around 40 some pilots at our last one. And yes the guns don't kill people. I get tired of hearing some saying take the guns. It's evil people that kill. I hate to see the things that keep happening in the world these days. When I was in school, I would never of thought we would ever need policeman in our school, but a lot of these things that keep happening are signs of the end of time.

Comment

• Much agreed. And I can't wait to see the video, I am hoping I will get my va situation sorted out so I will have money to make these events. I was only able to make one since being back state side, and that was in Newport News VA. I had alot of fun there and I would love to make more in the future

Comment

• Hopefully, you can get it all sorted out real soon. I'm lucky enough to have several clubs all within 50 miles or so of each other here and each one have at least 1 to 2 fly-ins during the spring, summer months raffles for some cool prizes as well as planes and some awesome food. Most of all its the fellowship with everyone. I did post a event flyer in the event section on the hobby squawk here. There is a web site you can go to and see for a list of events and happenings here. I know its for eastern NC, but there are also some listings for things for sale on it. A lot of the club listings are out of date, but check it out. www.coastalplanes.com they are also on Facebook if have that. On it, you can find many, many different things on it as well as we do here for questions and info. It has the same name as well CoastalPlanes. Sorry for being so long winded. Have a Good Rifleman and Thank You for your service. Also, I forgot to mention, the bomber got what he deserved. I just saw that on the news this morning.

Comment

• Sounds great, I will definitely check it out :Cool:and thank God the homer finished himself today. I can order planes again without fear of delays! And people in Austin can sleep in peace again too.

Comment

• That is good news. Hopefully there aren't any other of his "packages" waiting anywhere. What a sick animal.

Comment

Working...
                                          X