Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed. Just have to be on the lookout the next couple days. Otherwise glad this part is overwith.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
      I flew one of my L4s today, when it's below freezing I fly something without retracts.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_7546.JPG Views:	1 Size:	164.5 KB ID:	56866
      New to site and back in the hobby after 20 years - lol. Been waiting for technology to catch up with my ideas...
      I like your L4!
      Hope ya thaw out soon - we got room for you and a few airplanes in Feenix!

Comment

• Day 609: Maiden-ed the F-4 this morning, beautiful morning with 10 mph wind straight down the runway. I used takeoff flaps and she pulled up very scale like and climbed out nice and smooth banked to the left and leveled out with wind showing no effect in the turn. I made 3 circuits around the field at half throttle with zero trim needed, she felt so solid I did one high speed low pass over the deck then went around for landing. I have the flaps set on 3 seconds and used full flaps deploying as I made the turn on final, lined up way out and let her sink with throttle, she was locked in to a perfect glide slope and touched down on the mains right in front of me then rolled out smooth as silk.

This is going to be the new "Go to" jet for me:Cool:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180323_153509756_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	364.6 KB ID:	124655

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180323_153858594_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	318.7 KB ID:	124654

Back safe on the table (where she won't be spending much time).

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180323_154114359_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	186.2 KB ID:	124653
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Glad to hear the maiden went well George. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
            Glad to hear the maiden went well George. :Cool:
            Thanks Steve, the only way it could have only been better would have been if you and the TIA guys were here:)
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I forgot to add this plane loves the grass!
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I forgot to add this plane loves the grass!
                That's a great testament for the turf guys to bank on ;)
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Great job George! Video coming soon, I hope! :Cool:

Comment

• Grats! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                      Great job George! Video coming soon, I hope! :Cool:
                      If I can get someone to video, I need a hat cam.
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

If I can get someone to video, I need a hat cam.
                        Glad to hear you and your Phantom performed well on the maiden.
                        My L-4 version is going to maiden tomorrow, but no cold weather is forecast.:Cool:

Comment

• G'day gang,
                          Due to a heavy fog that prevented me from flying until near ten am, I managed to get in three flights with my FMS 1400, Shangri La [D].
                          There was a light norwester blowing and a very nice 28* C. After a week of rain, the Sunday that we pre ordered was a delight and very nice indeed. I reckon this is the best time of the year for us here in Grafton [Australia] and today proved it to be so.
                          A good day at the sticks.
                          Regards and respect
                          Daryl

Comment

• Originally posted by wrongroad2 View Post
                            G'day gang,
                            Due to a heavy fog that prevented me from flying until near ten am, I managed to get in three flights with my FMS 1400, Shangri La [D].
                            There was a light norwester blowing and a very nice 28* C. After a week of rain, the Sunday that we pre ordered was a delight and very nice indeed. I reckon this is the best time of the year for us here in Grafton [Australia] and today proved it to be so.
                            A good day at the sticks.
                            Regards and respect
                            Daryl
                            Hey Daryl, it's always very cool when we can see where your location is, and can make reference to your environment. Would you be able to go in and update your "Location" in your settings to show Grafton, Australia?

This way you won't have to say where you are whenever you want us to know. Many of us look at the location as a way of moving our minds to your surroundings when reading what you're saying.

Australia is one of those places those places that's cool to imagine, especially with your seasons being different than ours. :Cool:

Comment

• Now THAT'S how a P-40 should fly!
                              The 6s conversion is sweet!! and it looks very scale, this is the perfect mod for the Tomahawk, highly recommended!!
                              Now, I took the Bearcat out for a side by side comparison as they're the two fastest prop birds in my hangar, to be honest, I think the Bearcat is faster. Took her off with no flaps and hardly a breeze. Up in a normal amount of run, gear up, throttle maxed and back stick, climbs and climbs and climbs.....
                              I had a one percent mix of up elevator to full flaps and felt it was sinking a bit too much, an increase of one percent (2 total) seemed to fix that. Also of note, the new Admiral 4000's don't weight as much as the old, so beware of the CG.
                              The Tomahawk is just what you have a right to expect from the plane right out of the box. Magnificent climb, huge loops and gentle slow flight with easy landings using full flaps. This plane literally talks to you while landing, the fuse goes perfectly level and just walk her in.
                              It was cool here, but the wind was down and the sun was poking out, so what the heck. Then it snowed............
                              Welcome to Wyoming!!
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	thHD3VDG95.jpg Views:	1 Size:	14.6 KB ID:	125062

HEEE HAA!!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Took the beast (HSD 105mm F-16 EDF) up into a dark, foreboding sky. Still getting her dialed in but with the new Roaring Top batteries I think I have them in the proper place for CG now. There was a police officer chillin' in his cruiser in the back parking lot. I wonder what he thought when an Arctic Camo F-16 went shooting by?

LOL

My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Got the maiden flight and one other on the Freewing F-4 today! I got the Kit+ and put a JF90, HET 700-68-1680, and ZTW 150A ESC in it running on 8S.
                                  Pat

Comment

• Nice flight, Aros. I always enjoy your music choices too. :Cool:

Beautiful job, Pat. She's a big beasty. :)

Comment

• Other than the Balsa Cub, these took flight before the 11 AM winds picked up.
                                      I was also fortunate enough to help a gentleman and his 8 year old son, fly their HZ Carbon Cub on his first flight. He did quite well, knew what every switch on the transmitter did, and had plenty of practice on a simulator as evidenced by his flying skill in the air. I did the takeoff and handed it to him and after about 5 minutes asked him if he wanted me to land it as battery was going to be getting low. He eagerly replied "yes", to which I told him "good call, Captain" After the touch down I let him taxi it across the runway back into the pit, made sure he did the throttle cut, and congratulated him on his first flight with a new airplane.
                                      I think I will see him and his dad again, both great people and I was proud to help them.

Comment

• Thanks Prowler! Lookin' good Pat!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          Got the maiden flight and one other on the Freewing F-4 today! I got the Kit+ and put a JF90, HET 700-68-1680, and ZTW 150A ESC in it running on 8S.
                                          And?

Comment

Working...
                                          X