X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to go BD, she's a pretty plane!
    I got the Tigercat back in the air today and she really hauls with the 760kv's in her. Unfortunately, the crosswind was nasty and she caught me and blew her to the side of the runway. The result was a sheared steering pin and a broken prop (don't count on the retract upgrades to absorb much). I also noticed that the firewall on the starboard side was moving so out with the Foam-Tac to see if that will fix it, I'll do some power on ground tests before she flies again. At any rate, I have a new nacelle on order as well as two new steering pins. Had no luck today with the crosswind as I tried to get the Tomahawk in the air and got caught again!! Broken prop and spinner on that as well:Angry::Angry::Angry:.
    So I ordered three new spinners and a new tail section for her as well. Fortunately, I learned my lesson and had a spare spinner for her in stock, as for the tail, it compressed when I first built the bird Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6636.JPG
Views:	393
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	128863 and when I replaced the wings and fuse after a Nefi Triangle incident, I really should have replaced it as well, so its as good a time as any. Came home and got the Pandora out and went back to play in the wind, was fun and, following the old adage of getting right back on the horse when you fall off, burned through a couple of batteries with her.
    BTW, I replaced the motor in the Pandora with the motor from my original E Flite Spitfire, same KV, but different can size. I used the stock Pandora prop, but I'm thinking, for the hell of it, putting on a five blade prop and spinner, just to see....

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Grats dragon, nice pics. ;)

Comment

• Thanks gents! It feels good when everything works out right. I did my homework and got it balanced, throws in spec's, and everything pretty much on point. Didn't have to trim much at all. Main reason for this one was to get some tail dragger landing practice... as well as break away from the mini Apprentice. Passed it on to my son and I'll stay on this one until I'm (feeling) ready to put the Corsair up. My landings went well, although I need to get my brain on the rudder better. Otherwise came in level and touched softly... no bounce even. Although, I must admit, I took one approach a little too low and clipped a tree on the way down. Knocked the top wing off and gave it some war wounds already. Patched it all up on the spot and sent it right back up. Still flew like an Eagle soaring in the sky. So I guess my newbie status still stands for now. :(
        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          LOL George! rifleman you flew in that??
          Yeah I got a couple laps around town. :) talked to the pilots and crue about my Iraq tour. And they asked if I would like a ride! What was I gonna say? No!LOL it was great, not quite the ride of the C130, but wow, to know I got a ride in the lead plane to take the airborne troopers into Normandy, that's an honor never to forget.

Comment

• That's awesome brother!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
              Thanks gents! It feels good when everything works out right. I did my homework and got it balanced, throws in spec's, and everything pretty much on point. Didn't have to trim much at all. Main reason for this one was to get some tail dragger landing practice... as well as break away from the mini Apprentice. Passed it one to my son and I'll stay on this one until I'm (feeling) ready to put the Corsair up. My landings went well, although I need to get my brain on the rudder better. Otherwise came in level and touched softly... no bounce even. Although, I must admit, I took one approach a little too low and clipped a tree on the way down. Knocked the top wing off and gave it some war wounds already. Patched it all up on the spot and sent it right back up. Still flew like an Eagle soaring in the sky. So I guess my newbie status still stands for now. :(
              looks like a pretty nice dirt strip. Congrats! I know how ya feel Blues, did same 'upgrade last month. So far I only have a few wing drags, but yeah get yer head and hands around the rudder.

Comment

• BTW, how did the Admiral work - did you use gyros? I like the AS3X, but I'm not using it much in SAFE mode.

Comment

• I believe I found the answer to that RX issue. Although I had already reinstalled the original one and just stuck with that for now. I did bind it to the Safe Select mode, but kept it switched on for today. Winds are supposed to be back up tomorrow and down again on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll most likely switch it off on my next go. I had been flying the Apprentice without using the 'save me' button very often. I was just playing it a bit too cautious this go round.
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• The F7F was really popular at the field, so got some more pics of today's flying fun, I got 3 in today, hoping for more tomorrow, and maybe a video if I can get one of the guys to do it for me.

Comment

• She is a beauty for sure! :Cool:
                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Looks great RM, and a nice field to fly from as well. See what I mean about her being a gentle flyer??

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Yes indeed she's great nice and easy, just so easy to grease the landings with her

Comment

• Grats mate

Comment

• Cool Rifleman, that's a good looking bird!
                              Still Learning:D

Comment

• It is indeed! Nothing better than a rewarding flight with a sweet bird. One of these days I will snag one of those.
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• As one of my brothers use to say, "No time like the present brother!"

Comment

• Glad you like the Tigercat! I didn't want to steer you wrong! :Cool:

Comment

• Yes I love low and slow flybys! The more I fly the lower I take it. It's so much fun!

Comment

• Do you think it flies a little better than the P-38?

Comment

• I think so, I'm anxious to see how the updates on the 38 do. I'll be ordering it next Friday :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X