Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a tough call for sure!!! I think she edges it out just a bit, but love them both!!!! Take care Bro!!!

Comment

• It was way to windy and gusty here today to fly. I spent the day working on my mobile hangar.

Comment

• Maidened my Cessna 150 today...*****cat!

Click image for larger version

Name:	maiden1.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	129296
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	129302 Fixed my FW back up and away!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
            Maidened my Cessna 150 today...*****cat!

Name:	maiden1.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	129296
            That's another one I've been thinking about using for fpv

Comment

• Yeah that would be a good one...
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Grats Todd. ;)

Comment

• Thanks Shirty...And here's today's After School Special. LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Funny you got this, I literally just flew two of them for the first time couple of weeks ago to maiden and set up for two of my students. Such a nice easy plane and looks awesome in the sky. Nice vid mate, some shots over the trees look like a dozen nat geo docos I've watched. Nice part of the world Washington, bit cold for me though haha.

Comment

• A bit cold for me too Shirty! LOL

Thanks, I don't know what it's like not to fly around tall trees. It's all fun and games until a model goes down in the woods. Not that that has EVER happened to me before! :Silly::Not-Talking:
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• No flying today - winds near 30 ish.
                        But, I did get the L-4 Cub ready to go again. New motor, AR636 Spektrum reciever, and loaded into my DX6.
                        The Carbon Cub now has a RunCam installed over the wing - app is on the iPad and appears to be doing it's job nicely.
                        Adagio glider repairs are underway - found a broken CF rod after her "out of control" landing...jury still out on the motor salvage.

Comment

• Been helping a club member come back to flying after several years and buddy-boxing him on my Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54. He has not wanted to take-off or land. Today's second flight began with me telling him to take the f**king thing off. He did. After a 6 minute flight he brought it in for a landing that was almost a perfect 10. Flew several more times with varying result but at least another near 10 landing. Woo-hoo Eddie - Keep it up.
                          Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Cool jack. Prob my favourite moment training someone is their first unassisted takeoff and landing. Nothing beats the look on their face when they land for the first time. Well done. ;)

Comment

• It was Freewing Friday at Tirediron Aviation today, flew the F-86, A-4, A-6 and A-10

Name:	20180420_183814709_iOS.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	129490

Name:	20180420_183839893_iOS.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	359.6 KB
ID:	129491
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Loving my 150...I swear there's a mini pilot inside doing most the flying for me!

Name:	dusk1.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	129544
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Maidened this scratchbuilt airplane for a friend. He wanted to see it fly no matter what. I told them there were some concerns w the wing rigidity and servo response. He told me it was all good, he followed the guidelines from the diy kit.

As usual, if I crash it am not liable, he agreed and off we fo to the flightline for a hand launch. I thought it was just going to fall flat as it is four times heavier than a Tundra. I tried to get him out of the maiden, but he wanted to see it fly.

3/4 throttle and straight launch forward and in the air it was. Immediately went two mistakes high. The excessive wing flex I had told him worsened once in the air. Not aure if his gyro was set incorrectly, wing flex may have confused it, I had almost to none left aileron. So rudder, and rudder was not responding. To test out I killed power and gave it throttle and it indeed had good signal. The flex worsened and it literally looked like a bird flapping lol. Realizing I had no left aileron and rudder, wing flex, erratic gyro, decided to bring it back still two mistakes high, a slight right letting it fly w the wing and not w barely any motor to minimize stress but they collapsed like a taco inward, banked roll srraight down, killed power, but it just spiraled burying itself into the cornfields.

Attached Files

Comment

• Got two flights on my Mini-Apprentice without incident, in spite of 32 degree temps and 7mph winds. Our weather has been so bad, I was determined to get at least one token flight in.

Comment

• Getting ready to do some sorties this morning, so blessed to have a runway right across from my house, so I thought I would take some morning pics of some of the fleet............:)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	7kmuBlkQSIKRY1988+QHOw.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	129591Click image for larger version

Name:	BbmTzZJHQp6UuT%qDNVhCg.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	129592
                                        Very nice Dcorsair! so nice to have the strip right next to your house :Cool:

Today I've been out with the jets again, FW A-10, FMS Hawk (can't get enough of it in any condition, its great!!!) HSD F-16, Byron F-16 converted to turbine and over 25 years old!! and although I didn't fly it I brought my Spider jets F-16 out for my fellow club members to cast an eye over. Yes I do have a thing for F-16's ;)
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Porkster; Apr 21, 2018, 01:55 PM. Reason: added photos

Comment

• Nice fleet!

My muse, my nemesis.

Click image for larger version  Name:	paintdone1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	187.7 KB ID:	129594
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X