Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers fellas. Yes, it's pretty much is the equivalent of your rememberance day. Anzac Day was originally introduced to remember the fallen Aussies and Kiwis after the disaster at Gallipoli in ww1, which is why it's on the 25th April. (interesting side note, Gallipoli was the brainchild of a certain british lord of the admiralty, Mr winston churchill), and Anzac stands for "Australian and New Zealand Army Corps". It's long since changed to be our official rememberance day for both Australia and New Zealand, across all the armed forces, (not just the army) -and primarily to remember those that have fallen, and to honour those that serve or have served. It's a public holiday, and like you guys on rememberance day there are huge dawn and sunset ceremonies in all the cities all over oz and nz, with military parades, flyovers etc. A lot of people don't realise Australia is the only country to have fought in every major war since the boer war. We are also the only country to fight with the USA in every major conflict the USA have been involved in since ww1. We might be small in numbers, but If our pommy or yank mates need us - we've always been there. (and punched well above our weight). Another interesting little fact - Aussies were also the first army to stop both the German, and Japanese armies (on land), in ww2 at Tobruk and New Guinea. Anyway, appreciate the comments, thank you. Its a big day with a lot of meaning for most Aussies and kiwis, and it's very important for us all to remember those that made the ultimate sacrifice in the service to their country. A huge thanks to all that serve or have served, no matter your country. You guys are my heroes.

We had a good day at the club, breakfast and a small ceremony with a minutes silence as last post played over the speakers and the flag lowered to half mast. (Hard to not get a little emotional truth be told..). Had a lot of fun chasing everyone with my fms mustang and flightline spitty and shooting them all down with my machine guns (courtesy of the sound cards lol). Not a bad turn out for a Wednesday either and In keeping with the thread, here's a few pics of what we flew today... Thanks again fellas. :)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1867.JPG Views:	1 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	130046Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1890.JPG Views:	1 Size:	187.6 KB ID:	130049Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1870.JPG Views:	1 Size:	182.3 KB ID:	130051Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1882.JPG Views:	1 Size:	102.4 KB ID:	130043Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1874.JPG Views:	1 Size:	125.5 KB ID:	130044Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1884.JPG Views:	1 Size:	120.5 KB ID:	130045Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1873.JPG Views:	1 Size:	130.6 KB ID:	130047Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1883.JPG Views:	1 Size:	138.1 KB ID:	130048Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1885.JPG Views:	1 Size:	178.0 KB ID:	130050Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1888.JPG Views:	1 Size:	197.9 KB ID:	130052Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1872.JPG Views:	1 Size:	192.6 KB ID:	130053Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1876.JPG Views:	1 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	130054Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1878.JPG Views:	1 Size:	213.9 KB ID:	130055Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1880.JPG Views:	1 Size:	224.9 KB ID:	130056Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1887.JPG Views:	1 Size:	248.4 KB ID:	130057Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1891.JPG Views:	1 Size:	228.9 KB ID:	130058Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1879.JPG Views:	1 Size:	258.8 KB ID:	130059Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1877.JPG Views:	1 Size:	303.3 KB ID:	130060

Comment

• Very nice history lesson Shirty. Thanks!

Comment

• Excellent pics, Shirty! Really diggin' the shots of the Corsairs all lined up! :corsair

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• WOW Shirty what a awesome array of fighters.I'm loving that Big Yellow Nose Junkers Ju 87 Over the top with them Corsairs!:corsair:corsair:corsair:corsair:Cool::P

Comment

• Thank you Shirty for the history lesson and photos. Can you take a wild guess which photo is my favorite? :P ;)
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• **raising hand high** I know.. I know!!
              Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                Thank you Shirty for the history lesson and photos. Can you take a wild guess which photo is my favorite? :P ;)
                Besides my blue nose you mean? ;)

cheers boys.

Comment

• So, one of the ail. servos.. on the PT-17, jammed up on me when I flipped over on my landing the other day. I was flying at the neighborhood park off the grass. I'm assuming when it flipped the gyro system kicked in hard and fast.. I don't really know. The guys at MRC were good enough to warranty the servo and shipped it out to me this morning. Problem is, I have no patience! I went to my local hobby shop and picked up a new one so I can fly. Same servo (A330), but these ones were all Rev. No biggie, I just grabbed 2, replaced them both, and reversed the ail's. in my radio. Everything looked and worked well.. on the table. Took it to the field for a flight test. Little breezy, but not too bad. Took off and no more then 10-20ft off the ground she just turned over and nosed on the runway... hard! Bent the prop shaft, split the lower wing, pushed the motor back hard enough to put a dent in the battery, tore the wing struts right off the wings. Basically, I turned it into a spare parts plane and got another on order. So now I'm wondering... since I used the reverse servos, and then reversed them via the radio, would this have an affect on the gyro system? It acted as though the system thought the plane was upside down and tried to right itself. Or maybe I just caught a good wind gust and a most inopportune moment? Oh well... noobie mistake... lesson #2 learned the hard way. Thinkin' it may be time to maiden the Corsair. Not sure how long I can go without getting in the air.
                  Last edited by BluesDragon; Apr 25, 2018, 05:41 PM. Reason: Oh yeah, so I almost flew the PT-17 today.
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Yes, when you put in reversed aileron servos, the gyro doesn't know and will amplify any unwanted bank or roll. Reversed elevator effect on the gyro is also fatal. You might survive reversed rudder gyro.

Reversing in the TX has no effect on gyro function. You would have to also get into the gyro programming (if you can)) and reverse its effect.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Thanks fhhuber! I figured that was my mistake. Just too bad that I figured it after the fact. I won't be making that mistake again...
                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Dang that hurts, Blues! Hate to hear that but hope you can replace her soon...
                        HH saves $30 on a BNF with the FOAM code, if that helps. I know if I crunch mine I would have to get an immediate replacement.

Comment

• Already on order.. lol.. did I mention I have little to no patience? It was an expensive lesson, but taught me well. :Silly:
                          Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Craaap blues, sorry to hear that, soon as I was reading that you didn't check the gyro system I knew... at least you will know for next time.

Comment

• Noobie mistake for sure! I figured that was the issue as soon as he turned over and nosed down. That's one of things I like about the Admiral receivers I put in the Corsair. It has the dip switches for reversing the gyro settings right on top. I was going to put one in the PT-17, but run into issues getting the motor to arm, so I just put the stock one (AR636A) back in it and never got around to replacing it. Even after Ryan let me know how to make it right. I have no idea how to get into the program and reverse gyro settings in these stock ones.... yet.
                              Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• I don't know if you have to do it though a computer or something like that. I wouldn't think that would be the case for doing reversing though.:Confused:

Comment

• Sorry to hear it mate. But good attitude, good onya. We all learnt the same way - from our mistakes. Keep at it buddy. ;)

Comment

• Shirty -

Thanks for the reminder of ANZAC.
                                    Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Once again, fed a tree magnet with my Mini-Apprentice. Nothing a long pole and duct tape can't fix.

Comment

• Trees would always get in the middle whenever I use to fly china chin chin quadcopters... lol

a buddy of mine flew a scratchbuilt Flite Test J3 -

(see attached)
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Flew the usual Cub and Stearman patterns at AMPS during the morning and tried out my RunCam 2 on both the Cub and on the MEN trainer. Some error won't let me up load them, but trying uTube. Was a great morning to botch an Immelmann in the Cub, make a spectacular last minute recovery, only to be swatted out of the climb by a Mesquite tree.
                                          Had to straighten the nose as the worst of it, then some cosmetics with gorilla glue, fillers and paint. She's ready again.

Comment

Working...
                                          X