Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got out the Apprentice and Woodstock for some stick time this afternoon. All went well, the CA and Foam Tac glues never came outta the bag. It was a good day... :bluecool
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Day 652: Got in some flights on "The Dragon and His Tail" this morning...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180505_154454565_iOS.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	131278

Name:	20180505_154440255_iOS.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	276.5 KB
ID:	131279
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Flew the T-6 On her maiden today. Only got one flight as wind picked up quick. Solved the gear problem with 2 issues -one of the pins in the wing connector was pushing out the mate. Was buried under all the wires where the connector came into fuselage, and then had to disable the AS3X / SAFE. Kept Hi rates for take off but tried low rates once trimmed, pretty much takes the place of AS3X.
        Also got the graphics from Callie for the Schoolyard Cub and applied the Polycryllic to the T-6 and the Stearman. Was a great day of models, even though the wind cut us short by 9 AM.
        Pic’s tomorrow!

Comment

• Made my own unofficial “Warbird Day” at AMPS Field, AZ.

Comment

• Had the Bearcat, the P-51B and the Pandora (2) up today. Had one of the new members up buddy boxing with the Pandora and he's really enthusiastic. So cool to be able to help out a newcomer!
            Shangrila is back to normal with a new rudder servo. And the Bearcat just hauls!!!
            I tried to do the vertical climb out with the P-40 on 6s that Charlie did at NEFI, but at 5000 feet, its not the same. Still impressive, but not climbing until its out of sight impressive. The Bearcat on the other hand, WILL climb out of sight at 5000 feet, so I'll play it smart this year and get her flying at NEFI.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Sweet B-24 there George!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Carbon Z Cessna Love it Great Flying Airplane

Comment

• I took my Pandora out this morning for some relaxing flying to shake the winter cobwebs off. Four beautiful flights. The last flight my transmitter battery started beeping low charge which was odd because I charged it last night and it showed full charge. Well I went home put the transmitter on charger, it's a Tactic 850 with a nimah battery pack. Well I was in the next room when I heard the end cycle beep a went to find the transmitter smoking from the battery which melted into the back of the transmitter and totally destroyed the radio. Just picked that radio up over the winter oh well!###:Angry:

Comment

• Damn trust me I know how bad loosing a radio sucks, however I lost 3 planes due to the loss of my radio

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post
                      I took my Pandora out this morning for some relaxing flying to shake the winter cobwebs off. Four beautiful flights. The last flight my transmitter battery started beeping low charge which was odd because I charged it last night and it showed full charge. Well I went home put the transmitter on charger, it's a Tactic 850 with a nimah battery pack. Well I was in the next room when I heard the end cycle beep a went to find the transmitter smoking from the battery which melted into the back of the transmitter and totally destroyed the radio. Just picked that radio up over the winter oh well!###:Angry:
                      Thank the Lord for no fire and for being on the ground!!!

Comment

• That just plain sucks!! Every time I pick mine up, I'm thinking that on trip or accident and the hobby is on hold. I still have my DX6i for a back up though, but what a pain reprogramming every plane!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                          That just plain sucks!! Every time I pick mine up, I'm thinking that on trip or accident and the hobby is on hold. I still have my DX6i for a back up though, but what a pain reprogramming every plane!!

Grossman56
                          Yea thank God I have my six channel still with all my planes still programmed in it, I just have to rebind them all again.

Comment

• Dang, I hate to hear that Boomer!
                            Still Learning:D

Comment

• Well, I didn't fly today, but last Sunday. Took the Dynam Waco out for some fun... :)

Stupid, stupid thumbs....:Angry: I hate it when I do dumb things....:Crying:

Comment

• :Sweating::Sweating::Sweating:Could not video, but got some T/O & Landing practice after work. A little breeze to help make things interesting. Also nice when no one else is there to see the stinkers, but they also missed the greasers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                                  Well, I didn't fly today, but last Sunday. Took the Dynam Waco out for some fun... :)

Well that just SUX
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                                    Well, I didn't fly today, but last Sunday. Took the Dynam Waco out for some fun... :)

I know what you mean Prowler, I hate when that happens. :Scared: You never know when those dumb thumbs will show up. I hope you can rebuild it.

Comment

• She will fly again. I needed to disassemble it for painting anyway. So, now is as good a time as any. LOL

Comment

• From what
                                        I can see, that's just a project, definitely repairable

Name:	IMG_8824.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	132116Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8822.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	132117
                                        The Spitty broke her nose off as a result of a bad soldering job on the Deans connector on the battery. The Pandora was because of the elevator servo packing it in during take off.
                                        Both are back in the air now.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Oh yeah thats an easy repair job right there

Comment

Working...
                                          X