Name:	IMG_8824.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	132116Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8822.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	132117
    The Spitty broke her nose off as a result of a bad soldering job on the Deans connector on the battery. The Pandora was because of the elevator servo packing it in during take off.
    Both are back in the air now.

Grossman56
    Groosman tell me that's not the 1600mm Spit But glad she's back in the air.:Whew::spitfire So tell me how you broke the nose off cuz of a bad soldering Job on the battery side? :Confused:

Comment

• Well, when you loose power and the plane is flying forward at a good clip, the solder joint let's go and you have no way to pull up

Comment

• Some ESCs (usually cheap ones...) will allow the prop windmilling to provide power to the RX through the BEC if the battery is disconnected. Works until RPM drops too low, then the RX goes through a reboot and never finds enough power to get back control of the airplane.

The better the ESC the less likely this will work.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Indeed and I can add I seen this happen with eflite factory batteries where the wire popped free from the connector and my buddies eflite T28 did a straight dive into the dirt, snapping the nose clean off and destroying the nose retract. It was a sad sight to see such a beautiful plane go down due to a faulty factory solder joint.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I don't use Eflight Batterys for other reasons but will add this to the list. I run a Skywalker ESC in my big spit flightline put them in as stock as we all know Never heard any bad about Skywalker ESC only positive. Happy he back up and flying. Mike

Comment

• Ground test at high power and feel the battery-ESC and ESC-motor connectors for heat. (run it up for at least 30 sec full power, then stop the motor to feel the connectors) You'll find any bad solder joints.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by goosekiller1 View Post

Groosman tell me that's not the 1600mm Spit But glad she's back in the air.:Whew::spitfire So tell me how you broke the nose off cuz of a bad soldering Job on the battery side? :Confused:
                I can tell you that it is not cause I remember when Dan dumped it plus if you do a size comparison on the pic the paint can gives away that it is the 1200 ;)
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• OV10 Thanks you.and ya I'm half blind LOL Happy flying to you and Dan. Mike

Comment

• Got beaten to hell, but we made it. IFR Training flight for new owners Instructor...
                    yup - sometimes I have to train the instructors.

Comment

• Yeah, ground winds are pretty strong right now. Can't imagine what they're like aloft!
                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                        Yeah, ground winds are pretty strong right now. Can't imagine what they're like aloft!
                        Final approach segment into Flagstaff 50 Knots on the nose, and descent into Winslow 61 knots on the tail gave us a 274 ground speed.

Comment

• Took my Cessna 150 out this evening for the new livery maiden.
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Came out nice Aros!

Comment

• Thanks!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Good job! (I would have liked it pink though......) :P:Cool:

Comment

• I flew my FL tigercat, cz T28, FL P38, Hellcat, B26, and FZ seawind today, approximately 14 flights total. Loads of fun today. And my mom came back home from the hospital as well. So all in all a truly perfect Sunday in Texas.

Comment

• Got 6 landings with the T-6, first one not great al all but the rubber side stayed down the whole time and stalled but head wind saved me from the tip stall she just pancaked from about a foot AGL. But the next ones, I made a few adjustments and used the ground effect for a couple of squeakers. Had a little more breeze than ideal, but handled it. Didn’t get sucked into getting gear up and using flaps, in fact I just practiced everything gear down and flaps up doing pattern and low approaches. Was a blast! Flew the Pt-17 and the Cub as well until the sun went down.

Comment

• Heck yeah, sounds like it's going well! If I may suggest, if you have a breezy situation, keep the nose flat and ride the throttle down just keep eyeballing your decent rate as you are coming in. Then as shes about to touch drop that tail and 3 point it like a boss! The trick is not allowing her to stall on you and just fly it on the throttle and rudder. Takes a little practice, but the rate you're going you'll have it in no time brother!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                        Heck yeah, sounds like it's going well! If I may suggest, if you have a breezy situation, keep the nose flat and ride the throttle down just keep eyeballing your decent rate as you are coming in. Then as shes about to touch drop that tail and 3 point it like a boss! The trick is not allowing her to stall on you and just fly it on the throttle and rudder. Takes a little practice, but the rate you're going you'll have it in no time brother!
                                        I got one of those as a “happy accident” on the last attempt, thought it was going to balloon but she just settled on all three.
                                        :Smug:

Comment

• From the P38 to the B26 comprised of what I flew today

Comment

Working...
                                          X