X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

10 years ago, our club / field was in the same “death to foamies” mindset. Since electrics now outnumber the gassers everybody makes room for each other and respects, shares, and encourages all forms of model flight. The real emphasis is on safety, and while I plan to possibly ruffle some feathers regarding situational awareness. It is obvious those clubs will either wither and die or limp along with elitism as an excuse to defy change.
    Rifleman is right, AMA wants to hear about this and you also have a chance to speak out to those who foster the spirit of the hobby and aviation - which is the real motivation here, because aviation is always changing and if you don’t keep up you will find yourself grounded.
    Suppose I should point out, there’s plenty of sky for everyone.
    When you live in a area of less than 2k people with one club not many options other than drive hours to fly. Its just a crap shoot. No other option than private property flyers who feel the same way. I dont have time for these people. So I fly alone rather than tag someone in the face for being a douche.
    AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

You have AMA right? They should be able to help you out in a situation, if God forbid you needed it. Just be careful as I know you are and hopefully that day will never come. And remember theres alot of good people here including me if you ever needed a helping hand out of a problem come hell or high water we're gonna do our best to keep you afloat and back to dry land. One thing I have learned about being here, no one leaves a fallen comrade. I'm sure I speak for the rest of the guys when I say we have your back brother. We're all just a forum post away. :Cool:
      Thanks brother! We RC folks need to look out for one another. :Cool:
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post

yeah when I first started flying I accidentally powered of my tx thinking it was a trim button. Corsair straight into a roof of a building. Luckily I had AMA and they paid out minus my 200$ deductible. It still scares me because I have nowhere else to fly but this dead end street in a industrial park. All the clubs around me hate foamies and there fields are setup for large planes. So I am left to myself on a dead end street. It makes run out hard on landing as both ends are down hill with me standing at the peak. Sigh it sucks.
        I feel your pain. All the RC clubs in my region are not set up for the giant scale or EDF jets I prefer to fly. Short grass fields. So I am forced to fend for myself. Sure I could go fly at some open, beautiful clubs but they are hours away from me. So I make do. It's not great, but I'd rather be flying with obstacles than not be flying at all.
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I'm in the same position as far as it goes with sanctioned clubs. They are all an hour+ drive to get there. So slowly I'm trying to work on a strip here in front of the house so I can fly on my own. The one thing I do miss and as to why I fly at our "club" field in bastrop, that's the people there. Luckily they are totally welcoming of all types of flight. And plenty of open space for everyone to enjoy.

Comment

• Yeah, part of the fun of going out to our club field isn't just flying my planes, it's enjoying watching the others fly their planes as well, and being able to chat about flying with other RC pilots. I've gone out to the field and flown when no one else was there, but it's more fun when I'm not the only one.

Comment

• I got sidetracked and forgot to add to the point of the thread... ;)

I maidened my new FMS F-18F Super Hornet 70mm yesterday...

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (3).jpg
Views:	157
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	134387
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	unnamed (4).jpg Views:	1 Size:	167.1 KB ID:	134508

FMS F-18F Super Hornet 70mm

Freewing F-4 Phantom II 6S 90mm

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Day 673: Maidened the Yak 130 today, it’s an awesome flying jet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F6075AA3-4386-4F98-BBC9-D3F6715F3793.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	260.6 KB ID:	134521

TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Well, I started out to fly all these but after a few flights on the F-4 and A-10 then all of a sudden the wind started gusting pretty good and by the time my buddy showed up it was really gusting more so I didn't get to them all, but I did get some flights on the A-10 and F-4, these two handle the wind very well, I also got to try the F-4 with a FW 4068-1680kv, seemed like maybe a little more punch, hard to tell in the wind but it does sound way better than the 9 blade whine and I got the same flight times so it will stay in the F-4, ordered another one for the 90mm F-16 which I already tested and that is a nice upgrade for sure.

Comment

• I flew the P38, tigercat, and hellcat. Almost had the b26 in the air, but a couple of prop blades decided to depart before takeoff

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                        I flew the P38, tigercat, and hellcat. Almost had the b26 in the air, but a couple of prop blades decided to depart before takeoff
                        I had some blades depart today also. :Scared:
                        Yesterday I was flying the 1400 P-40B with the 1500 P-47 power plant and coming out of a full bore power dive all three blades let loose which also shocked the canopy hatch off too.
                        Dead sticked into the tall 15" deep alfalfa with no damage. Chalked it up to the couple ground strikes I had on the prior flight taxi back on the rough section of the runways side perimeter which I surmised damaged the props.
                        New set of balanced blades today and one minute into the check out flight and I started my infamous unlimited vertical that Gman just loves and these blades let loose. WTF
                        Both sets fractured on the outer mounting screw. :Confused: So starts the deduction process :Thinking: as to what caused the failure.
                        I'm guessing that the blades(same on the P-40 , P-47 and F7F} provided with the new higher kV motors that are used on these FMS birds are possibly an improved blend of resins.
                        The original blades that came with the 460 motor were replaced at the end of last season due to imbalance issues caused by ground strikes.
                        The two sets of blades that I used are about 4 years old and were purchased as spares for the o'l Hellcat (which is now discontinued) and v3 Corsair which both were using the 580kV motor.
                        I'm gonna order a "fresh" set of blades but as an insurance hedge I also took advantage of a MAS 40th anniversary 20% off sale and snagged a 14x9x3 as a back up. ;)
                        Only drawback to the MAS one piece 3 blade is it will require a mod to the spinner. :(
                        Just thought some of ya might find this interesting.:)
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Every time I watch any videos of those P-38's in flight, I'm awed by just how fantastic they look.

Comment

• I am so envious of your FPV setup in your P-38! That's so badass!
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Yeah it's so fun, I get into it too much and forget to watch my voltage metersLOL

Comment

• What's gonna be fun is the setup I plan for when I get my A10 and the one i want to do with my carbon Z T28!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                  I really need to pick up one of those Tigercats.

Maidened my Phantom today... :)

grats on the Maiden Aros, nice to get a new warbird up on Memorial day weekend.
                                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• One of many A-10 flights today.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Had a great day of flying today, definitely a hot one! Temps up to 104 deg. Flew 2 flights on the Little Bird, F-4, and Sea Fury. The Apache had an eventful flight as well... Was flying at about 30 ft over the runway and heard it make a terrible grinding sound, and started to loose power. Put the collective full down and entered an auto, and made a running landing. Nothing damaged except for the tail wheel, which is easily repairable. Definitely a very close call though, almost 1/4 of the main gear teeth were completely stripped.

Comment

• Dragging RunCam around under my antique 3 channel trainer - touch and go practice...even a dead stick landing as battery started to wimp out. The video I got is such better quality, dunno what Utube does to compress the thing
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• I was gonna say that looked like my emergency P38 landing! I was thinking you were gonna have to land opposing direction when the battery let go. I honestly almost did with my flight too.

Comment

Working...
                                          X