Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woke up this morning and couldn't decide what to fly, here is what I ended up flying, totally different flyers for sure..:Cool:

Comment

• This was yesterday, a good flight with the F-8

Comment

• Rifleman comes to Phoenix AMPS Field! Great to see ya and glad ya stopped by. Welcome anytime, Matt.
        appreciate the landing tips also!

Comment

• Awesome!

Took the Phantom and FMS F-18F for a couple sorties today...

Click image for larger version

Name:	62a.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	135427
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Looks you have some good flightline security there, Aros.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
              Woke up this morning and couldn't decide what to fly, here is what I ended up flying, totally different flyers for sure..:Cool:
              What do you think of that J-10?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                Looks you have some good flightline security there, Aros.
                Yeah and I only have to pay her in dog food! LOL
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Yeah and I only have to pay her in dog food! LOL
                  And, if she's anything like our furry brats, some ear-skritches, too.

Comment

• Oh for certain!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Awesome flight there Aros!
                      Still Learning:D

Comment

• It was clean up day at our field and the guys are putting up a shelter over our tables so we can get out of the hot Wyoming sun. Great day for flying as well, one of the newest members, Patrick, came out with his brand new Pandora and asked me to check it out for him. He has never flown before and is new to R/C airplanes, so I helped him get the Pandora set up properly and took it up to maiden it for him. I found it a little strange, using someone else's radio and flying a Pandora with the wings in the high position, been literally years since I had mine set up that way. After explaining a few things to watch out for when setting up an airplane as well as expo, dual rates and a kill switch, I took it up. He's flying with a Admiral receiver with a built in gyro, it has the little micro switches that are impossible for old guy eyes to read, can you assign a switch to turn the gyro off and on??
                        Anyway, it took a bit of trimming and from there it was pretty good, took it around the circuit a couple of times and shot a landing.
                        Next, I got out good ol' Pandora 2 and buddy boxed on it with him. Not really ready for solo flight yet, we all know what that's like, mastering the art of bank neutral pull cleanly. I think he was holding a bit of aileron in while pulling the elevator back and resulting in the start of the spiral of death. I'd just take the plane over and let him keep on trying. He got a bit better as the flight went on. We burned three batteries and called it a day, try again tomorrow. I'm thinking of getting him to not watch the airplane and just look at the radio and do the cleanest bank, neutral, pull he can do and see what the result is. Sometimes we react to the plane rather than the other way around. Another thing I recommended is to fire up the plane and turn the kill switch on, sit the plane in front of him (tail end closest to him!) and bank neutral pull and see if the ailerons move while pulling elevator. I might have to add a bit more expo, but we'll see. I'm really enjoying instructing new pilots, might have to start a newbie group, could be fun!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                          It was clean up day at our field and the guys are putting up a shelter over our tables so we can get out of the hot Wyoming sun. Great day for flying as well, one of the newest members, Patrick, came out with his brand new Pandora and asked me to check it out for him. He has never flown before and is new to R/C airplanes, so I helped him get the Pandora set up properly and took it up to maiden it for him. I found it a little strange, using someone else's radio and flying a Pandora with the wings in the high position, been literally years since I had mine set up that way. After explaining a few things to watch out for when setting up an airplane as well as expo, dual rates and a kill switch, I took it up. He's flying with a Admiral receiver with a built in gyro, it has the little micro switches that are impossible for old guy eyes to read, can you assign a switch to turn the gyro off and on??
                          Anyway, it took a bit of trimming and from there it was pretty good, took it around the circuit a couple of times and shot a landing.
                          Next, I got out good ol' Pandora 2 and buddy boxed on it with him. Not really ready for solo flight yet, we all know what that's like, mastering the art of bank neutral pull cleanly. I think he was holding a bit of aileron in while pulling the elevator back and resulting in the start of the spiral of death. I'd just take the plane over and let him keep on trying. He got a bit better as the flight went on. We burned three batteries and called it a day, try again tomorrow. I'm thinking of getting him to not watch the airplane and just look at the radio and do the cleanest bank, neutral, pull he can do and see what the result is. Sometimes we react to the plane rather than the other way around. Another thing I recommended is to fire up the plane and turn the kill switch on, sit the plane in front of him (tail end closest to him!) and bank neutral pull and see if the ailerons move while pulling elevator. I might have to add a bit more expo, but we'll see. I'm really enjoying instructing new pilots, might have to start a newbie group, could be fun!!

Grossman56
                          Grossman56 for the win! Great feeling isn’t it. I found it just as rewarding as teaching full-size pilots, more so when it is a youth that solos when the parents watch in marvel at their child’s accomplishment and wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

What do you think of that J-10?
                            Well, let's just say, very different, flies great though once set up right, I mean CG is very critical on this one, very sensitive to control inputs, so you need to make little changes at a time or it is a handful. The roll rate is drill bit fast, tracks very well, retracts work great and the retract doors are very nice, 2 1/2 minutes is all I get on my HRB 5000 4S 50c, it looks slow, but it is a big jet so it is moving along pretty good, landings are not to bad, it's heavy and will sink quick on you if you fall behind on power, like others have said, keeps you on your toes. I wouldn't buy another one for the price they are at now, I got this one cheap so I had my fun, just don't like 8s, I'm sticking with 6s only so one day I might sell it or crash it, which ever comes first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              Awesome flight there Aros!
                              Thank you Pauly!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Day 681: Still flying in the park here in Pigeon Forge, it's really a nice place to fly.

Name:	20180603_170513107_iOS.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	135567
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Grossman56 for the win! Great feeling isn’t it. I found it just as rewarding as teaching full-size pilots, more so when it is a youth that solos when the parents watch in marvel at their child’s accomplishment and wonder.
                                  Yep, sure is, tried again this morning in perfect weather (FINALLY !!). Much better, started to get the hang of turning without gaining or losing altitude. A few more times on the buddy box and he should have it down. Boy, it brought back memories of when I was learning! One thing about instructions you also remind yourself what you should be doing and where you got sloppy, very rewarding!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    Day 681: Still flying in the park here in Pigeon Forge, it's really a nice place to fly.
                                    Boy I guess so George! Looks like a fantastic place to fly.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Day 682: Back home and glad of it...

Name:	20180604_191643515_iOS.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	135716

TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Planes some friends flew today. Good day to fly on windy conditions.

Comment

• No pic’s, but took the T-6 and the Carbon Cub to fly after work as I would have finished around 3. Client postponed and I went straight to the field. Got tomorrow off too!
                                          Anyway, this pic is last weeks clients’ back yard toy.

Comment

Working...
                                          X