Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our sincere condolences to the loss of your father, George. Love the tribute.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Besides using sun block, and better than using long sleeve shirts, I recommend sport sleeve cool (keywords). Search them on Ebay, from China is about one to two dollars a pair. I use them a lot when I go out cycling, and when on the field or doing yard work, besides the sun block. And still I get a nice suntan, but not as intense where my arms feel hot for the rest of the day. After a while I forget I have them on, and I do notice a difference when I dont have them on.

Comment

• Your Dad is just off to fairer skies now. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family George.

Comment

• Flew the F-4 around sunset yesterday. Just can't get myself to fly it scale, you just have to fly it a little aggressive..:Cool:

Comment

• I thought that was scale! LOL

Comment

• In the early days of the Falcon development, General Dynamics did a demonstration "fly-off" between the F-4 and their new F-16. Both aircraft started their take-off roll at the same time. By the time the Phantom's wheels left the runway, the Falcon was already at 10,000 feet.

It might be fun for MRC to host a scale "rematch."

Comment

• I was at Edwards AFB when they did it with an F-15...

it went through 15,000 as the F-4 nosewheel left pavement. This was in 1976. I think it hit 20 K before the F4 was airborne.

Comment

• Really windy here today ( +15 mph winds ) Put up my Aton quadcopter and then my TechOne No Gravity for some getting whipped around fun !

Comment

• Got done at work early as planned, ran a few batteries through this pair of Trainers. Winds were 8 - 12 right down the runway. Great for practice those approaches....
                    gotta get lower, gotta get lower
                    not slower...
                    Since I don’t mind doing a go-around, both are still airworthy.
                    My only problem was getting turned around during taxi back - wind disagreed. Might be time to disable the SAFE mode like I did with the PT-17

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post
                      Really windy here today ( +15 mph winds ) Put up my Aton quadcopter and then my TechOne No Gravity for some getting whipped around fun !
                      Welcome hemi!
                      :Cool:

Comment

Really windy here today ( +15 mph winds ) Put up my Aton quadcopter and then my TechOne No Gravity for some getting whipped around fun !
                        The whipped around fun is my favorite...welcome to Hobby Squawk!
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Hemidoo. Welcome to Hobby Squawk. We have been experiencing windy days, too, though fairly normal for us. So 'No Joy' here for the 1st A-10 check flight. Best, Elbee
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome ! My L-39 takes the wind pretty well ! This weekend looking good weather wise around here

Comment

• This morning, F-4 and 31 year old Aeromaster. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	375.9 KB
ID:	137011

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                Day 682: Back home and glad of it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180604_191643515_iOS.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	135716
                                Beautiful grass my friend!
                                Still Learning:D

Comment

• Put up my Flyzone Extra 300 in the fine falling mist and very grey sky .... still had a blast !!

Pic of the 300 , but not from today
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Day 693: We laid my father to rest today, his wife, three children, five grandchildren and one great-granddaughter where there...he finished well:Cool:

Name:	20180615_145044856_iOS.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	137126

Name:	20180615_145517550_iOS.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	137125

Name:	20180615_145846528_iOS.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	137124

After the graveside I came home and mowed the runway three times to get it good and clean for the fly-in tomorrow then I decided to maiden my Freewing 90mm Eurofighter. I had heard they were hard to take off on grass but she lifted right off and flew great, CG slightly rear of manual recommendation with a 6S 5000 all the way toward the rear, after 3:00 I landed with zero issues and had 3.84v left.

Name:	20180615_195239412_iOS.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	137127

Name:	20180615_193242987_iOS.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	137128
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• 21 gun salute... Rest in Peace Charlie Baker. Good to hear George. Now I feel more comfortable getting one! :Cool:

Comment

• Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Thank you Charlie. From all of us. Rest easy. Well earned.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X