Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well after a few years of sitting wrecked in my dusty barn I finally rebuilt the Sukhoi completely.
    I re-maidened it on Saturday and it flew just as I remembered. Really nice. Trouble is i am nearly 70 now and these planes are getting a bit much for me I think.
    I now prefer my gliders and large wings and Autonomous Quads etc.
    Still, It is nice to have it all fixed up and it can become a hangar queen.

Comment

• Well heres the damage to the plane.

Comment

• Rifleman, those are such cool and great flying planes. It would be a shame not to fix it. I'm sure it will be a hunt trying to find the parts, but well worth the effort. Keep the faith brother. Everyone does stuff like this. Everyone. :Cool:Best part about model aviation, nobody gets hurt.

Comment

• Yeah I'll try to find those parts. Itll probably be a while before i ever trust myself to do anything. I hope to hell i dont forgot how to freaking breathe somehow in middle of the night, but at this point it wouldnt surprise me any.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
            Yeah I'll try to find those parts. Itll probably be a while before i ever trust myself to do anything. I hope to hell i dont forgot how to freaking breathe somehow in middle of the night, but at this point it wouldnt surprise me any.
            Fix it Matt! Don’t forget Fleabay and CL - great source of parts at times.

Comment

• While I did not take mine today, another club member took his - said he had it for a year and didn’t expect much. When I got there he was in the process of swapping the reciever. Said he lost signal when it was more than about 50 feet away. It climbed out and turned around and he was able to restore control and landed. He flew it 2 x’s and seemed to be having fun with it. On the 3rd flight, about half a battery in, it suddenly went nose down and into the dirt nap...
              Needless to say that was a huge bummer, as she started the morning new.
              I found all of the same issues as mine post crash, which was nearly identical. His nose damage was much more significant, but I think the motor is actually OK. That said, he offered it to me - gratis, minus the new reciever he put in. I actually think I could put it back together with a pan of hot water and some TLC with Gorilla glue.
              Flip side, the AZ sun wrecked my canopy first day out, but now I have a replacement.
              Got at least a dozen flights on mine and having fun with it, but I did address all of the weak points which were the topic of many a poor review.

Comment

Well heres the damage to the plane.
                DAAAANG! I've done 3 carbon z cubs that way! One from clipping the very top of a 60' pine tree, another from low altitude aerobatics, & the most recent from unsoldered battery lead. Rebuilt each time. Now they're discontinued too so parts will start to be hard to find.

Comment

• Still :Confused:about HH's logic to discontinue the Carbon Z's
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Carbon z t28 was one of the best flyers ever. I bet they will reintroducing it with new gear and paint job

Comment

• Indeed, im just hoping i can get my hands on the parts i need before they are gone.

Comment

• Killed my PZ P-51. Went into a death spiral at about 300 feet. Took me ages to find all of the pieces in the tall grass.

Comment

• Crap thats a bummer :(

Comment

• Comment

• And the cap https://youtu.be/5-tKpf3W8k8

Comment

Crap thats a bummer :(
                                Ill tell you a sketrit. It cost me about $70 and was kinda crappy.

Comment

• Ah was it the old old one, or the gunfighter?

Comment

Ah was it the old old one, or the gunfighter?
                                    The gunfighter.

Comment

• Dang, mine flys great, and is super fun to fly. Never had a problem with it.

Comment

• After 2 weeks of business travel, finally got back home and out to the field this morning. Since the forecast is rain all weekend, I squeezed in a flight on the Little Bird and the maiden of the FMS P-40B less than an hour before the rain started.

Comment

• The Little Bird looks fantastic! Such a gorgeous heli.

Comment

Working...
                                          X