Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post

How do you like that Viper Jazzman? It looks like it's as big as the L-39
    Its sweet!! It flies similar enough to l39 though. Best thing about it is the efficency. 6-8 minutes easy:). Its smaller then l39 and possibly even more on rails if thats possible

Comment

• Got some videos of my planes in the air. Of course the time i video my F18 i fouled up my landing. Its ok just minor damage to the outboard missiles. Fixed and all good. I did redeem myself with my A10 landing.

Comment

• BEAUTIFUL DAY!!1 71 degrees and a breeze, when there was any, right down the runway. It just doesn't get better than that. Three flights on La Patrona and three flights on the Flying Tiger. The gang was out and we had a great time, love the camaraderie!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
          BEAUTIFUL DAY!!1 71 degrees and a breeze, when there was any, right down the runway. It just doesn't get better than that. Three flights on La Patrona and three flights on the Flying Tiger. The gang was out and we had a great time, love the camaraderie!!

Grossman56
          :Cool:How you liking the P-40B with the 6S power plant upgrade ;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• She's sweet CB, everyone loves that plane for some reason. It's got the looks and the power, very scale like. The replacement wings were poor. Badly gatored if you remember at Nefi and the fuse had a bad dent in the under wing fairing. I should have sent them back, but it was just after Nefi 2017 and I wanted the P-40 back in the air as well as the Bearcat. So, another project for the winter no fly season will be to fill in the gatoring, repaint the wings and fix the fairing. I had it down to Riverton last month and man their runway surface is hard and tires, chewed the :Poo: out of the P-40 tires and they were new this season. Fortunately, I ordered a set of decals with the rebuild that I haven't used yet, so the Chinese roundels can be removed and replaced.

Definitely a great airplane and one on the list of must haves in the hangar.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Picked up a used Apprentice S to use as a club trainer/demo plane. Our goal is to have it on hand when visitors express an interest in flying RC and wonder if "they" can fly a plane. We can put this up and let visitors try their hand at flying.

The decals were in pretty bad shape and the fuse seems to have a slight twist to it, so the horizontal stab is just a bit our of alignment with the wings. I made some new graphics and window decals from some spare vinyl I had on hand. Test flew it today and it flies nice, it's actually a fun little slow flying plane.

It should be neat to be able to let someone interested in the hobby, but wary of their ability, actually get to move the sticks and see the plane react to their commands.

Comment

• Videos as promised. And yes that is a scratch built OV10 flying with me

Comment

• A10 video

Comment

• And finally my sons flight

Comment

• Had a great time flying my 500 size Huey and F-4 this weekend. Unfortunatly, the F-4 caught a nasty gust on landing and I ended up landing hard and busting the nose strut pin. The Huey photos were taken by a fellow club member this afternoon

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Am I crazy, or does it look like you're going to have to install a de-icing system?
                        Might not have been a bad idea that day! LOL

Had two perfect flights today in perfect weather. Of course I didn't add my camera. Sigh.
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks for teaching your son, Rifleman, we need more pilots like that! Good luck to him on his skills progression.
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• What's even more cool is with my warbirds he wants to learn more of the history of the planes and more military history in general as well. Thus he plans for his own batch of warbirds as he becomes more confident in his ability. Im really looking forward to that.:)

Comment

• We flew a lot yesterday with 3 L-39's. I got in 5 flights on mine. Lots of wind. I bent a gear pin on a hard landing and unglued a main gear. Luckily thats all that happened.

Click image for larger version

Name:	group_181021.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	157626Click image for larger version

Name:	patrick_l39_181021.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	157627
                              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Saturdays are for planes, but Sunday is for boats! Some video of our boat racing yesterday. We typically bring float planes and UMXs to the lake, but it was pretty windy yesterday so no flying. I'm in the yellow shirt. Once the water fully recedes back to the normal edge of the lake, I may try my L-39 there.

Pat

Comment

• ​​​​​My 8 year old at the TIA Fall Fly-in.. Nathan flew the Apprentice like a boss.... I had him on buddy box for about 5-6 packs but never had to take control of the plane so just went ahead and bound it to his Tx. I am already looking to soon move him into an Eleven Hobby T-28 that I picked up from George. He hit day 110 of the daily flight challenge yesterday.

Name:	image_30649.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	471.5 KB
ID:	157657

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                    ​​​​​My 8 year old at the TIA Fall Fly-in.. Nathan flew the Apprentice like a boss.... I had him on buddy box for about 5-6 packs but never had to take control of the plane so just went ahead and bound it to his Tx. I am already looking to soon move him into an Eleven Hobby T-28 that I picked up from George. He hit day 110 of the daily flight challenge yesterday.

Name:	image_30649.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	471.5 KB
ID:	157657
                                    He's a machine!

TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Am expecting to hear a report in the near future that Nathan can fly the pants off the ol' man. ;)
                                      How's that Bonanza project coming George ?
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                        Am expecting to hear a report in the near future that Nathan can fly the pants off the ol' man. ;)
                                        How's that Bonanza project coming George ?
                                        I will never publicly admit to that..... LOL

Comment

• Love on the kids every day and teach them well!!!! God bless the little ones!!! :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X