X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    ​​​​​My 8 year old at the TIA Fall Fly-in.. Nathan flew the Apprentice like a boss.... I had him on buddy box for about 5-6 packs but never had to take control of the plane so just went ahead and bound it to his Tx. I am already looking to soon move him into an Eleven Hobby T-28 that I picked up from George. He hit day 110 of the daily flight challenge yesterday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_30649.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	471.5 KB
ID:	157657

T-28? Get that boy a Tomcat and let him rip! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

T-28? Get that boy a Tomcat and let him rip! :Cool:
      Heck, I don't even have a Tomcat! :(

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Heck, I don't even have a Tomcat! :(
        Get one!!! Like I did!!!! I got her all set up and programmed and ready to maiden and then put it in the shop and she is still sitting there waiting to maiden.... Shame on me.... :Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Get one!!! Like I did!!!! I got her all set up and programmed and ready to maiden and then put it in the shop and she is still sitting there waiting to maiden.... Shame on me.... :Confused:
          Cluck, Cluck, Cluck, Cluck.

Ya know mate, I built a Jet Hanger Hobbies F-14 about 42 years ago. Took me about a year and a half & $1800.00 to build. As it's taking off on my maiden, when it was going by on the take off, passed in front of me at about 4 or 5 feet off the ground. I noticed a wire dancing around under neath it, kinda blowing in the wind. I was looking right at it when it got sucked into the aux air intake of one of the fans. Of course it was my receiver antenna. The plane froze in a pretty steep up angle, and just kept going. A minute or so later, "SMASH". Every square inch of that model was completely destroyed. I burned the remains, and left the hobby until this year. LOL

I was just kidding about the chicken sounds. I think it's sound reasoning, especially if it's something you really like! To just use it for a static display for a bit, and enjoy the reality of having such a cool model. I wish I had. : )

Best Regards
          Woody

By the way Jerry, that's probably one model I'll never buy again, if ya know what I mean. Meaning an F-14.

Comment

• Woody, that sucks!!! And not a dang thing you could do but hang on for the "ride"... :Crying: I have been building for almost 34 years. Hundreds of kits, and have seen lots of them get "re-kitted" LOL. But that is not why the F-14 is there. I just have too many planes and I am not going to fly the F-14 at our local school. Too big... The flying field is 30 miles away. Very nice concrete, etc. Just haven't been there one time this year. My dues are up 31 Dec and not one trip to the field, except for an airshow as a spectator with my daughter.... HA!!! I am a full time care giver for my 89 year old Mom, and I have to pick up my girl from school at 1445, so it is hard to get away from the house.... As for the F-14, the FW is nice and for 449.00, why not??? You get one and we can fly them together!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
              Am expecting to hear a report in the near future that Nathan can fly the pants off the ol' man. ;)
              How's that Bonanza project coming George ?
              Slow...hope to get back on it after I get the OV-10 done:Cool:

Name:	20181022_171422122_iOS.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	157703
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Yea, I belong to (3) clubs. I'm dropping one this year, runway sucks. But I haven't been to the nice one this year. I use to be a pretty competent, not a super star, but very, very competent. These days I I'm working on getting my do's and don'ts engraved in my gray matter. If you saw me on a good day you would swear I'm a pro. But I just have a few weaknesses I'm trying to get ironed out prior to going to this club. It's a really upscale club, makes me nervous to be honest, always a crowd there. Been flying at a park by my house, I really like it there, unfortunately several soccer leagues like it there too. They owned it this weekend, went out twice, no joy. Watched a pretty good soccer game for a bit.

Woody

Comment

• Hang in there Bro!! We ain't getting any younger!! :-) Thanks for giving me a hard time!!! I can relate to that any day!!! LOL Jerry

Comment

• Scale flying the Environment with the HAWKhttps://youtu.be/qyBmAkUeTr4

Comment

• Flew the 500 size Huey this evening:

Comment

• Day 824: I’ve been flying the L-39 everyday and it’s only getting better, this is the perfect combination of speed, handling and ruggedness...great for grass ops.

Name:	Day824.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	157989
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Red Bull Exec. Stefan, knocked it out of the park, completing his Recurrent, an Instrument Proficiency Check, and a Flight Review during our 2 day course.

Comment

• Afterburner on hawk https://youtu.be/HaMB2h0Dba0

Comment

• In the vietnam jungle. https://youtu.be/UJ6oEZpgCTY

Comment

• Took my T6, PT-17, And the L4...the jets were serious. Not EDF.’s.

Comment

• Hey F22, what kind of F-16 was that? Reminded me of an old Byrons F-16.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                    Hey F22, what kind of F-16 was that? Reminded me of an old Byrons F-16.

Woody
                                    It was some Dutch kit...the guys flying these jets had corporate sponsors, they were primo flying machines and skills.

Comment

• I'd love to see those in person. Yea I'm jealous.

Woody

Comment

• We flew some practice formation with two of the three L-39's yesterday. My wingman had a hard landing and had to fly wheels-down. Also we were split up halfway through the flight by an errant low flying plane.
                                        But we managed to bring the birds home safe.

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• It's been too long since I got out to fly, between weekend overtime at work, and the wind or weather not being very cooperative. No work this weekend, though, and the weather couldn't have been better. Just enough breeze to keep the air from feeling stagnant, but not enough to mess with the planes at all, and morning temperatures in the high 70s to low 80s. I put two nice flights on the Sensei, and one long, relaxing flight on the Calypso.

I still need to repair Air Hooterville, and get her back in the air.

Comment

Working...
                                          X