Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two flights on the Sensei, and the maiden on the Cherokee. Pretty nice conditions this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
      Two flights on the Sensei, and the maiden on the Cherokee. Pretty nice conditions this morning.
      Fire up a BBQ grill ... or two !! :-)

Comment

• Those grills are the old ones that the club owns. They recently bought a new one, and just left the old ones out, hoping someone would haul them away. I might take the truck out there one day, grab them, and put them out in my neighborhood. They'll be gone in less than a day, if only for the scrap metal value.

Comment

• Did not bring my Stearman to the event, but David Zarra picked up the slack with his incredible version for the Veterans Day Fund raiser and Swap meet. Did not get Tony Quist Cougar in flight but got this up on The Toob...

Comment

• Didn't get to fly yesterday as it was our club's annual auction. But the good thing is I was able to clear out 5 planes to make room for the F-22, and for the ExtremeFlight Extra 300 42" that I won at the club meeting raffle today! :)

Also got in flights today on the L-39, F-15, Yak-130 8S, and the A-10. Got some GoPro footage of the L-39 and A-10 on the way from a friend.
            Pat

Comment

• Seemed appropriate for Veterans Day

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                Seemed appropriate for Veterans Day
                You coming to the Jet Rally this coming weekend (same place that 1/8 was at)? If so, come find me so we can meet in person. I'll be the one with the crap load of Freewing jets! :)
                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  You coming to the Jet Rally this coming weekend (same place that 1/8 was at)? If so, come find me so we can meet in person. I'll be the one with the crap load of Freewing jets! :)
                  It’s on my list, but dunno for certain. Would sure be nice to meet another Squawker, I’ll certainly be able to find ya Pat!

Comment

• So, :Thinking: Where is this Jet Rally this weekend? Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Mesa Arizona.

Pat

Comment

• Pat, Thanks. Steve
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Got to the AZ Model Aviators Club's website and read that it is too late to register for the event.:Crying: So I will pay closer attention in the future to the RC Events page. Though I did not see this event listed in the RC Events page. Don't know whether we'd just drop in as it's 1001 miles, but ya never know. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• You don't have to pre-register, you can show up and pay at the door. :)
                            We also have an all-electric event in February. I'll post details on that in the Event forum.
                            Pat

Comment

• A-10 flight from yesterday with a GoPro strapped to the tail. Simulated guns runs and AAA avoidance. :)

Pat

Comment

You don't have to pre-register, you can show up and pay at the door. :)
                                We also have an all-electric event in February. I'll post details on that in the Event forum.
                                CRXPAT, WooHOO, I will chat it up again with Tammes. February might work if this does not. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I created a thread with info for the February event:

Pat

Comment

• GoPro slides sideways shortly after takeoff. Try not to get sick! :Silly:

Pat

Comment

• It was a bad day for me, all psyched up to use the cool Hobbyking transmitter glove (now discontinued) at 27 F.
                                      Put the airplane on its station, go back to the car to get the Tx, all of a sudden I hear a noise. When I look at the station, the plane was no longer there. The wind rolled it out toward the ground falling on its tail and cracking everything on its path.

Seeing that am still breakin in on flying w a tx glove and such cold weather, wante it to be the Tiger 3, easy flying no stress day, but turned out to be another thing. Nobody else was at the field so I cursed at the cold wind, to myself and to the plane, ja ja at will for a few minutes.

The Phoenix Tiger 3 size 40 has a weak tail, I peeled the covering, it is very bad. Basically a crack all along the circumference of the tail section. Am pissed off, its a almost new plane, and already have to make repairs to it... urggghh

for the record, the Saito FA80 got replaced by a ASP .52 two stroke, balanced much better and to my surprise the 2 cycle had more power. The two color dots were removed, its notebook cover, wanted to see how durable and resistance it is to fuel and exposed to the sun.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Sorry that happened. I have been there too... Just take you time and use thin CA and work it all back together, then reinforce and fly it like crazy!!!! Good luck!!!

Comment

GoPro slides sideways shortly after takeoff. Try not to get sick! :Silly:

Well, it certainly made for a different perspective! :D

Comment

Working...
                                          X