Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two flights each today on the A-10 and F-14. I put all the ordnance back on the 14 and she didn't even notice. I also 3D printed some external tanks for under the intakes. Looks really good!
    Pat

Comment

• Got a couple hours with the Waco twins and Pappy's Corsair.

Comment

• Had fun in the snow today.

Comment

• Just a single test flight of my sons Sportsman s with a Lemon reciver replacing the old gps garbage. Flew great and thank you Beeg for your help getting us going again! Very much appreciated!:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
            Just a single test flight of my sons Sportsman s with a Lemon reciver replacing the old gps garbage. Flew great and thank you Beeg for your help getting us going again! Very much appreciated!:Cool:
            Still trying to get my Carbon Cub back in the air with similar problems, but I think power may be cutting out. (ESC) tried an Admiral RX with no gyro (New) bound it at home and set it up on TX. Got to field and lost bind...did not recognize at all and could not re-bind as it would not even enter bind mode. I had taken out gps but kept stock Spektrum Flight Controller and serial RX. Still lost control a couple times but got it back down...gotta be a power issue, but batteries are fine.

Comment

• Maybe try a standalone BEC?

Comment

• Well, it has been a week of firsts! Driving in January in Wyoming in perfect weather and now, actually getting 6 flights in in the month of January is just over the top!
                Here's a pic looking to the west where we drive in. A little snow on the mountain, remember, we're at 5000 feet altitude..
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4243.JPG Views:	1 Size:	115.6 KB ID:	172790

Here's the windsock, looking North towards Hart Mountain.. No snow on Hart Mountain in January?! Unheard of!!
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4244.JPG Views:	1 Size:	47.3 KB ID:	172791

So, being patriotic, I brought out the Ol' Red White and Blue Pandora!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4246.JPG Views:	1 Size:	151.0 KB ID:	172792

Better known as P-1, five years old and definitely in need of a new motor. My buddy Ron had his brand spanking new Pandora out and as I did all the setup work on it for him, it was still bound to my radio and he hadn't seen it fly as of yet. We flew it with a 3200 kv and wow, does it fly nice. Much faster than mine and I've upgraded the motor from stock, albeit a few years ago. Has anyone noticed if the motor was factory upgraded in the last five years?? I noticed that the Deans connectors are gone now too.

Good thing I have a spare motor from the retired RocHobby Waco that is virtually new, so I'll swap them out.

Still, an awfully pretty airplane..

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4247.JPG Views:	1 Size:	136.1 KB ID:	172793

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Beautiful weather today out at the flying field, which meant there was also a lot of pilots there today, too. I ended up doing one flight with the Sensei, and one nice relaxing flight with the Calypso today.

Had some fun while I was there, shooting photos of an RC gyrocopter. The pilot had some difficulty getting it into the air, and watching what was happening, I think the problem was that the main rotor blade would be moving forward on the right side of the aircraft, and developed lift long before the left side of the aircraft would, as it always wanted to tip over to the left. Once it was flying, though, it was pretty cool.

Comment

• Great turn out at AMPS Field Phoenix
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Had the A-10 and F-14 out again yesterday. Sad to say until this past November, the F-14 has been pretty much a hangar queen. But ever since our Jet Rally, I've been flying it at every outing and have really fallen in love with it again! And I always get compliments on it after every flight. Best thing is that we always have spectators at the field this time of year as we are in the middle of a huge snowbird population, and they like to come out and watch. I even printed and added the external fuel tanks developed by Tom Mansell. They look awesome!

A friend got some good shots of the A-10, but sadly none of the Tomcat. After our Electric Festival next month, I'm going to break the F-14 down and repaint into the old school VF-1 Wolfpack scheme (with Callie graphics of course).

Pat

Comment

• Got the P38 and both 3d printed planes in the air. Was cold, but fun

Comment

Got the P38 and both 3d printed planes in the air. Was cold, but fun
                          Been thinkin’ of ya Matt - all my clients for the past 2 weeks from Texas. Always nice to share my favorite stompin’groumds and find out we have chewed the same turf!

Comment

• Heck yeah brother! Good times! Sorry i haven't been on much, just been blasting out prints on my printers

Comment

Heck yeah brother! Good times! Sorry i haven't been on much, just been blasting out prints on my printers
                              Dude! That is too cool.
                              I am brainstorming to develop game plan to do builds, graphics, etc and get equipment set up for home business...
                              aka, retirement.

Comment

• Right on! Im on a rather large project now. Its bigger than i really wanted to go, but its more of a test for my printers to see if im capable. Today i flew my dynam hellcat and the p38

Comment

• Send some of that warm weather north so i can fly too. High of 12 today, not happening. Supposed to get to 34 tomorrow, want to get the Cub and Beaver back out on the skis. Added skis to the Rochobby Waco as well.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	January 2019.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	173664 Grounded for sometime. I would love to design a heated transmitter.!

Comment

• Yikes, they make a transmitter mit, basically a bag large enough for the radio and both hands. Throw a hand warmer in with it.

Comment

• Not mine, but three shots of the gyrocopter that was at the flying field yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
                                          Yikes, they make a transmitter mit, basically a bag large enough for the radio and both hands. Throw a hand warmer in with it.
                                          Thanks dude for the insight! Yeah, there are ways to heat your hands, but really, you gotta say to yourself; "Do I really want to go out and fly in this nonsense?!..."...lol. That's my deal and my dilemma....

Comment

Working...
                                          X