First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew the Convergence and the EFlite P-47D Olive Drab bubble top... :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
      I think Buffalo has two C46s, and yes I do believe they are the only two left that are airworthy.
      According to Wiki, they have 2; a D and an F.

They also show 2 airworthy with Tatonduk Outfitters Limited in Fairbanks, and 2 at Everts Air Fuel, also in Fairbanks. And one in Monroe, NC listed as owned by the City of Monroe.
      Pat

Comment

• I also have the olive drab bubble top P47.
        Good to hear there are more than one C46s left in the world. I guess I do remember seeing the Everts Fuel C46 on the show Life Below Zero.

Comment

• Got one pic to upload

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

NICE Pics.............you've got a coooool :bluehappyjob.
            Thanks Charlie! Hoping to get the full hangar tour on Wednesday. Caught their Lockheed Electra taking off this evening, a beautiful sight! Would be neat to see an RC P-3 someday.

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but Buffalo Joe's C46 is the only one left flying, pretty darned close if not. Buffalo Airlines really helped us out when we were rebuilding our DC3. Joe McBryant and his maintenance chief came and visited us and gave us the greatest compliment regarding our cockpit, they couldn't get over how realistic it looked and that everything was right where is was supposed to be.

Grossman56
            That’s awesome Gman! It’s fantastic how supportive the Buffalo crew is on helping others in keeping these awesome birds airworthy! Mikey McBryan has been working hard trying to rebuild a D-Day veteran C-47 that’s sat outside for years, and wants to fly it on June 6 for the 75th Aniversary of D-Day. He’s been putting out daily vlogs with progress updates, and it’s awesome to see it be brought back to life!

Cpt, completely agree. I’d love to see Flightline take a stab at the C-47 or C-46, preferably both!

Comment

• Took the Geebees for a spin today.

Comment

• Took the Hellcat out yesterday for a few laps.

Comment

• Pappy got his turn too

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	176918 Maidened my FMS Growler today.

Comment

• Right at 75 here today with work and things to do, but I had to postpone some of that. Yeap, I loaded everything up and went to the field to fly for several hours maiden the Waco and had a blast. Work had to come later with a day like this.
                      Still Learning:D

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Right at 75 here today with work and things to do, but I had to postpone some of that. Yeap, I loaded everything up and went to the field to fly for several hours maiden the Waco and had a blast. Work had to come later with a day like this.
                        Way to go and good for you Pauly............you just added some time to your longevity of health due to proper priorities.;)
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• From Sunday. One flight with the Sensei, and one with the Spark, at the Arizona Electric Festival.

Comment

• Put 3 hops on the Cherokee today.

Comment

• IMC the entire flight, but out of the clouds before 3000 AGL. Perfect training flight!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Well, it was supposed to rain most of the day here in Ca. so I didn't plan on flying at all, but about 9am I noticed the drizzles had stopped and the sun came out, dried up my runway which is right across the street from my house, ended up charging six batteries first, flew the A-10 three times, charged more batteries and flew the Yak-130 four times, by now it was charge and fly, flew the new Mig 21 two times, grabbed the F-104 and flew it six times, now this whole time the sky was getting darker and darker, charged six more batteries and was going for the F-4 when the rain started again and it didn't stop until is was to dark to fly, oh well, what started out as a boring day ended up with a lot of flights after all...........:Cool:​..................:P​ to the rain.

Comment

• Took JuneBug out for her maiden voyage this morning. Flew great! I did have one of the more experienced flyers trim 'er out for me. Wasn't bad at all.. a few clicks on the rudder and a few more on my ails. She was even more fantastic after that. I was on a 3s and winds between 6-10mph. Think Ill try it with a 4s next time around. I'm definitely in luv with this bird though. :Cool:
                                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• HK B-17 1875mm V2 and FlightLine P-51D 850mm Maidens today...
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Is that OEM paint on the HK? Got the Silver Freewing B-17 from y'all when you put the last of those on sale and Tamms likes the polished aluminum finish so my task will include a refinish and just don't know where to start with paints, coverings and the like for a bright aluminum finish. I will browse the B-17 forum when I start that project. Until then any suggestions? Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yep sure is OEM paint Elbee. It's a shiny, metallic-based silver. When I painted my V1 Aluminum Overcast I believe I used Testor's Silver...
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Got back in the air for the first time in nearly a month today. Flew the FMS Tigercat, freshly modded with scale diameter props, the Huey, and Little Bird in gusty 10-15 mph winds. Was nice to get sometime in on the sticks again!

Comment

Working...
                                          X