Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Lol, it’s a Dynam...Steve will need to address the A-4 :P
    I would of never guessed a Damit.....I mean Dynam LOL Looks a lot larger :Confused:
    That's not good to hear that Steve lost one of his A-4's :(
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Couldnt turn down a day of sunshine

Comment

• My first Heli flights ,well actually 3 today !
        pretty windy, didn't Venture into the 3DS yet ... so it's still in one piece !!!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	386.0 KB
ID:	188282 Flew this ancient beauty out in the backyard this morning. Purchased at the Dayton swap meet in Feburary. Added a 2.4ghz receiver, new battery, and go! :)

Comment

• Two flights on the Sensei this morning, and finally maidened the Stinger. I need to research the gyro on the Stinger, because as soon as I had it in the air, the gyro was oscillating the plane (for lack of a better term). As near as I could tell, the ailerons and rudder were constantly going back and forth. I was able to keep the plane under basic control and bring it back in for a less-than-pretty, but otherwise safe, landing, but I must have something set-up wrong on the gyro for it to act the way it did.

But, to look on the positive side, I flew my first EDF, and didn't destroy it. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
              I need to research the gyro on the Stinger, because as soon as I had it in the air, the gyro was oscillating the plane (for lack of a better term). As near as I could tell, the ailerons and rudder were constantly going back and forth. I was able to keep the plane under basic control and bring it back in for a less-than-pretty, but otherwise safe, landing, but I must have something set-up wrong on the gyro for it to act the way it did.

But, to look on the positive side, I flew my first EDF, and didn't destroy it. :Cool:
              This is where it's handy to have the gyro on an ON/OFF switch so you can shut it off till you land it. Your gain is too high for AIL (high gain oscillation). It's usually not likely it's too high for the RUD as the rudder is most forgiving of high gain. Next is ELE sensitivity to too much gain. What kind of gyro are you using? Some gyros have a single pot for the gain on all the control surfaces while others have separate gains. Some will allow you to put the gain on a "master gain" controlled by the rotary knob. Always start off with the gain low, then after each test flight, increase gain by a hair and continue to do this until it oscillates again, land and back it off a bit. Then it's good forever on that plane. Each plane will be different. Then there's "normal" gain and "3D" gain. For normal flying of non-3D planes, the 3D gain should be turned OFF if that's possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                This is where it's handy to have the gyro on an ON/OFF switch so you can shut it off till you land it. Your gain is too high for AIL (high gain oscillation). It's usually not likely it's too high for the RUD as the rudder is most forgiving of high gain. Next is ELE sensitivity to too much gain. What kind of gyro are you using? Some gyros have a single pot for the gain on all the control surfaces while others have separate gains. Some will allow you to put the gain on a "master gain" controlled by the rotary knob. Always start off with the gain low, then after each test flight, increase gain by a hair and continue to do this until it oscillates again, land and back it off a bit. Then it's good forever on that plane. Each plane will be different. Then there's "normal" gain and "3D" gain. For normal flying of non-3D planes, the 3D gain should be turned OFF if that's possible.
                I have the Hobbyeagle A3 Pro. I'll look at the gain. This was the first gyro I ever installed, so it's been something of a learning experience right from the start. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

I have the Hobbyeagle A3 Pro. I'll look at the gain. This was the first gyro I ever installed, so it's been something of a learning experience right from the start. Thanks!
                  Set your gains at about the 10 o'clock position and give it a shot. That is where I start with every A3 or A3-L and it usually works out fine. But I use a DX-9 and have the gyro on/off set to the 3 position switch on the right hand side of the TX. (Switch E) I think :Confused: :P Congrats on the maiden!!!

Comment

• Day 991: I got out my old faithful L-4 Carbon Cub for a few flights today ????

Click image for larger version

Name:	991.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	188853
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• This weekend, I went down to Helis Over Apache Pass for 2 days, and had lots of fun flying and a bit of dodging weather. One of the highlights for me was getting in the maiden flight on my Hirobo Dauphin. I've been working the conversion from nitro to electric for a few months now, and it was great to finally see it take to the air!

Comment

• I didn't get fly anything this past weekend since I am always at work so I don't get to enjoy going flying very much. I have tossed around the idea of selling some of my fleet since they sit around collecting dust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                          I didn't get fly anything this past weekend since I am always at work so I don't get to enjoy going flying very much. I have tossed around the idea of selling some of my fleet since they sit around collecting dust.
                          DON'T DO IT!!!!!
                          BTDT when I was working 16 hour days 7 days a week for 7 months straight! :Sweating::Crying:
                          Life sucked and the bank account swelled and I never thought I'd ever get to the field again, but things finally slowed and got back to flying again and was glad I didn't sell everything! :Cool:
                          Now I'm rebuilding the fleet at a higher cost!:Angry:
                          That dust is a lot cheaper to clean off than replacing your favorite birds!:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                            I didn't get fly anything this past weekend since I am always at work so I don't get to enjoy going flying very much. I have tossed around the idea of selling some of my fleet since they sit around collecting dust.
                            I hope you can find a better ratio of flying opportunity to balance your responsibilities. Don't give up. My worry is my health will interrupt my hobby time.

-Den
                            There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Hang in there MB, will come a time that you'd regret selling them off, usually about when the last one leaves the hangar in someone else's hands.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• I'm not going to get rid of them all. I'm still flying my favorites just not as much.

Comment

• Went out for some sunrise stick time this morning. Had one sloppy landing with Woodstock. Nothing hurt, but the safety net did slow my roll, to a complete stop. Just came in a bit hot. All in all a good morning. We're ready to go another few rounds.. :Cool:
                                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Views:	390
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	189036 Flew another one of the "refugees" I purchased at the Dayton swap meet in February. This ones a VK Cherokee, with a Webra .60. Great flyer!

Comment

Views:	416
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	189246 Flew part of the Marine Air Wing this morning.

Comment

• WARNING! – WARNING! – WARNING!

This may be old news but if your research for products and supplies turns up a RC supplier called VampowerPro or Urban Products Inc. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT try to buy anything from them, not even a screw because that’s what you’ll get!!! I learned the hard way and though I didn’t lose any money (my CC company reversed charges) I wasted so much time chasing them for information. They don’t take calls; their mailbox is full and don’t return any emails and I just learned this has been going on for 8+ years. My bad for not conducting any due diligence on them. I’ve never seen any company as bad as these dirt bags and I’m surprised PayPal hasn’t shut them down so heed the warning!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                                          WARNING! – WARNING! – WARNING!

This may be old news but if your research for products and supplies turns up a RC supplier called VampowerPro or Urban Products Inc. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT try to buy anything from them, not even a screw because that’s what you’ll get!!! I learned the hard way and though I didn’t lose any money (my CC company reversed charges) I wasted so much time chasing them for information. They don’t take calls; their mailbox is full and don’t return any emails and I just learned this has been going on for 8+ years. My bad for not conducting any due diligence on them. I’ve never seen any company as bad as these dirt bags and I’m surprised PayPal hasn’t shut them down so heed the warning!
                                          I ordered $20.00 worth the parts from him to test the service and ran into the same thing, I have seen him now three times in person( Joe Nall, Nall in fall and the last Perry GA) and ask him questions with out reviling myself, this last time I asked if he had some parts in stock and was told that he has no parts and I said that his website states the other and he acted like I was out of my mine for even stating the fact so I just moved on. I did mention to HH Customer service about the parts he has in stock and could they get them from him and what I was told made sense about his site and business. My .02 R.

AMA 424553

Comment

Working...
                                          X