X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

I ordered $20.00 worth the parts from him to test the service and ran into the same thing, I have seen him now three times in person( Joe Nall, Nall in fall and the last Perry GA) and ask him questions with out reviling myself, this last time I asked if he had some parts in stock and was told that he has no parts and I said that his website states the other and he acted like I was out of my mine for even stating the fact so I just moved on. I did mention to HH Customer service about the parts he has in stock and could they get them from him and what I was told made sense about his site and business. My .02 R.
    Did you get your $20 back or reversed? SFMadMax found that Edmund Burie? owns that domain, is that the guy you met? Fortunately I saw the red flags after a few days and got my CC company to reverse the charges but for those folks that give up or don't have the option to reverse charges this guy is just stealing their money? I complained to Paypal then dropped it but it still really pizzzzes me off people do that.

Comment

• Still flying the new Heli around waiting for the field to dry and open for some jet action ! Pretty fun learning something new again :-) Click image for larger version

Name:	20190409_184923.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	189375

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
        Two flights on the Sensei this morning, and finally maidened the Stinger. I need to research the gyro on the Stinger, because as soon as I had it in the air, the gyro was oscillating the plane (for lack of a better term). As near as I could tell, the ailerons and rudder were constantly going back and forth. I was able to keep the plane under basic control and bring it back in for a less-than-pretty, but otherwise safe, landing, but I must have something set-up wrong on the gyro for it to act the way it did.

But, to look on the positive side, I flew my first EDF, and didn't destroy it. :Cool:
        Good job Hoomi!
        I just set up two of the A3 Pros for buddies of mine and I'd say that the off/on switch is a must and I also recommend, if you have a spare channel, set the roller knob up as a gain control. This will be an overall gain control, but as mentioned, the ailerons seem to be the most sensitive, so by rolling the gain down while in flight you can find a good balance. I cranked all the gains up on theirs, but they're flying Pandoras, with the jet, try something like 80% ailerons and elevators on the gyro pots and dial the roller knob to about 10 o'clock and try her that way. You can roll in more or less to find the sweet spot. 100% of the roller knob is still only giving you 80% elevator/aileron sensitivity, but I don't think you'll come close to needing 100%

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• I do have the gyro on a switch, but at the spur of the moment, my thoughts were that the plane was still mostly in control, despite the oscillations, and I didn't want to risk changing anything without knowing exactly what was going on.

I had the dual rates set to 50%, with -30 expo (on my controller, negative expo reduces the motion at the first part of the stick movement, which is apparently different from some other controllers according to a couple of guys out at the field this weekend). My controller shows a graph curve for the expo as you set it, which was handy for verifying what I was trying to do.

I adjusted the gain on the gyro Monday evening, and from what I could tell, all three gains were sitting at about 50%. I've backed them off to about 30%, as suggested here, and if we have good flying weather this weekend, I'll see how it behaves. If it still oscillates a bit, I'll go ahead and switch off the gyro this time, since I now know what was going on. I think it'll help, too, with the experience that I still managed to bring it in safely, despite the oscillations, so my confidence in controlling it is a bit better than that first time up with an EDF.

Comment

• Finally got my Durafly USMC trojan out for 5 flights yesterday on my lunchbreak. Winds were in the teens with gusts in the 20s, a bit of crosswind in relation to the runway. Lots of weather-vaning, but was nice to finally fly after a 6 month dry spell due to winter

you southerners got it good.

Comment

• Got in a couple of flights with the E-Flite AT-6 today. Fun little plane.

Comment

• I took the FT Simple Scout up for her maiden today, and was quite pleased with how well she flies. Flew the Sensei and Calypso once each, and was going to try the Stinger with the reduced gain on the gyro, but my nose wheel may have gotten tweaked a bit last week, as each time I tried to so a take off roll, it would steer off to the left pretty bad. I verified the rudder was centered, and decided it made more sense to correct that issue before flying. Even if I'd gotten her airborne, landing might have been tricky, coming in with neutral rudder in flight, only to veer the moment the wheel touched down.

I'll have edited video of the Scout flight, once I've had time to put it all together and upload it to YouTube.

Comment

• Took the new F-22 up this morning, 9 flights total now, great flyer.:Cool:
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190414_114827.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	190104

Comment

• Video is edited and uploaded. Total flight time from lift-off to touch-down was about 5 minutes, 45 seconds. I chopped the video down to fit three minutes, with title, stills, and credits.

Maiden flight of my Flite Test Simple Scout, from the "speed build" kit. Power is from a 3S 1300mAh battery, 35A ESC, with a Axi 2212/20 Goldline motor. Vide...

Comment

• Oops...

Comment

• You can tell the wind did swing to a tail wind, but I should have kept the power up...

damnit...nothing broken despite 2 bad landings, even the Master Airscew prop is still OK...

Gotta spend some time up high and find out when she stalls with full flaps. She slows real fast once you get on the backside of the power curve, throttle is kind of slow to come up, compared to my smaller models.
                          That said, my one flight yesterday I nailed the landing right in the grass and 3 point.
                          More practice, and it appears I have built her sturdy, but that’s about enough of those thumpers.

Comment

• Had a very close encounter with my Coast Guard Dolphin today. Took it out for a check out after changing the tail servo, and brought it up to about a 3 ft hover. I then did some slow speed passes back and forth down the runway. After 2 of these passes, I completely lost control of the tail. It did 2 full revolutions before I could get a bit of forward speed and coax it to the far side of the runway over the grass. Then, I cut the throttle and autorotated it in to the grass. Remarkably, there was no damage at all. Still sweating a bit from that experience :Silly:. Time to take it apart and start looking for a source of the problem. Will also change out the tail servo for good measure.

Comment

• Tail rotor!!! You don't need no stinking tail rotor!! Just shift your butt against the torque and you will be fine!!!!!!! :Scared:LOLLOLLOLLOL:Cool:

Comment

• Day 999: Today it is very windy so I got out the FMS Kingfisher and as always it handled it just fine ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	999.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	190282
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                  Day 999: Today it is very windy so I got out the FMS Kingfisher and as always it handled it just fine ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	999.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	190282
                                  Planning anything special for Day 1000? Seems like an impressive milestone like that deserves something noteworthy!

Comment

• Yesterday i could only fly my mako and drone, as the grass was way too high to fly off of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

Planning anything special for Day 1000? Seems like an impressive milestone like that deserves something noteworthy!
                                      We're going to have a 1K Day fly-in this Saturday but nothing special ;)
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

We're going to have a 1K Day fly-in this Saturday but nothing special ;)
                                        Sounds fun! I look forward to the photos!

I'd fish for an invitation, but even if I got one, it's a looooooooong way from Baja Arizona to Tennessee! :Silly:

Comment

• Anyone is always welcome at TIA. If you are on FB at all we have events posted to help keep up on what is going on and when and George is good about trying to post events up on HS as well. After Joe Nall there is a Memorial Day Fly-in planned.

Comment

Working...
                                          X