Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew these today. Maidened the FW/FL Corsair and Fox Glider. All went well. Everything that went up came down in one piece.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3367.JPG
Views:	876
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	193822

Comment

• Flew my Coast Guard MH-65 Dolphin yesterday at Warbirds Over Lake Benbrook. Flooding on one side of the field made for a great spot for some mock water rescues. Need to get a hoist on it now!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
        Flew my Coast Guard MH-65 Dolphin yesterday at Warbirds Over Lake Benbrook. Flooding on one side of the field made for a great spot for some mock water rescues. Need to get a hoist on it now!
        DD.........I've always been envious of your heli talents/fleet.:Cool:. Always wanted to get to that level of scale as your Dolphin
        I gave up on them a couple years ago because I just couldn't get past the mental block I had with nose in controls and the ensuing frustration of expensive repairs.:P
        Fortunately my fixed wing Warbird skills excel and I have yet to find one that I can't fly;) So the rotary money now goes to fixed giant scale:Scared:LOL
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
          Flew my Coast Guard MH-65 Dolphin yesterday at Warbirds Over Lake Benbrook. Flooding on one side of the field made for a great spot for some mock water rescues. Need to get a hoist on it now!
          FDD, great pictures and yes you gotta add a hoist with rescue sling. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks Charlie and LB! It’s funny, I kind of started out thinking the same thing with a flybarred 450 that seemed like the infinite money pit. But, when I built the Little Bird, the extra stability of the FBL controller + the weight and orientation help of the scale fuselage, changed everything for me. They handle wind better than any fixed wing, and the independence from field/runway condition gives so many great options for flying. I actually have to do significantly less maintenance on my helis than on my fixed wings solely because the landings are nothing on a heli. You don’t bounce, break retracts, gear doors, noseovers or have to deal with that one annoying pothole when you land from a hover. I still love my Warbirds and jets, but to me it actually makes my helis more relaxing to fly.

Comment

• Flight of the f86

Comment

• Congrats on a successful maiden Rifleman! Looked like it flew great, and the sound was fantastic! What happened with the nosewheel? And was there any damage from the belly landing?

Comment

• No damage and not sure what caused the nose gear not to come down, so have to investigate that one. The esc went out on the second flight. Not sure why it was a package deal for 6s power from motion. Ill be filling a ticket out this evening still no damage on that belly in either

Comment

• Made it to the field with New FW F9F Panther, FMS Firefly, a very old Dynam P51 and even older Elecrifly Sopwith Camel.

RX failure on the P-51 so it didn't take off. (Extremely old DSM2 RX) May have just been a bad connection because it acted like it got no power. I didn't look too hard.

Test flight and 2 more flights n the Panther.

And a good flight with the old Sopwith.

I didn't get around to flying the Firefly.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Putting the reflector sight to good use during dogfight/gunnery training in my Spitfire. Also got the oleo/sprung struts some good exercise, too.... bouncy landings.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• I got two flights in with BBD and Shangrila made it back into the wild blue today as well, two flights on her too.:):):Cool::Cool:
                        Her first flight since lawn darting in a month ago and it was sure great to see her back in the air as I had initially written her off. So tomorrow, another resurrected bird goes back in the air weather permitting, My Little Gal hasn't seen air time in over a year so it should be another great experience.
                        Taking her and her sister ship, Old Crow out to the field.
                        Sure seems strange this year now that it its Spring and we don't have a trip to Nefi planned, I'll sure miss the guys and the good times, I won't miss the 4 day drive though...

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                          Flight of the f86
                          Definitely no damage on that belly landing - perfect! Great video and coordination through the turns, especially crisp on the rollout of the upwind turn. Nice flying bird. Hope ya bring one when you pass this way. Try to time an early arrival and you might even sell a few of them as the early group is always looking for new thrills.

Comment

• Brought the 90mm F-16, F-14, Huey, and Airwolf our to the field this evening. Got in 2 flights on the 16, and 1 on each of the other aircraft. One of my friends grabbed a few shots of the F-14 in the air. Love how those centerburners look in the evening sky!

Comment

• If i can fit it ill bring the 86, and PT17. Only problem is the plastics are very heat sensitive. Im reprinting the wings of the edge do to heavy warping. However as long as she has shade shell be ok. Its just direct sun with that dark grey heats up quick and thats bad buisness for thermal plastics:Sick2:

Comment

• I had to pass up a Dynam Albatross, BNF with a battery, for $100.:Crying:
                                I just can’t add any more foam to the hangar, but always one of my favorite WWI airplanes.
                                I flew the T6, PT-17 and the Carbon Cub as I was on a short leash this weekend, winds pick up around 9AM anyway.
                                I think I should be able to build another model while I work on the M-600 drawings. So I got the shop all clean, a bit more organizing to do but ready to begin again. The P-38 ver. 2.0, might be the one to start...only 40” wingspan, but I also have a 1929 DeSoutter that will be a gorgeous golden era flyer. I think it has a 39” wing. Both kinda small.

Comment

• Congrats rifleman on the successful maiden of your 3D F86! That's impressive!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• The wind is reeking havoc today, stuck on the ground so I made some progress on the E Flite Spitty..

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	D1984B24-6515-4AAE-A15C-546658093F72.jpeg Views:	31 Size:	247.9 KB ID:	194694 I
                                      had a nice warbird outing day before yesterday, after the bad weather had cleared out.
                                      Flightline P-38 and Spit IX
                                      Graupner He-111
                                      Hobby King FW190A and Bf-110

Enjoyed all of the flights except the Bf-110. It is the only plane I have that flies worse with rudder than without. Whenever I give it rudder in turns, it wants to tuck. Crappy flying plane. I'd picked it up at a swap meet for next to nothing. It flies like a plane that I'd picked up for next to nothing at a swap meet.
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

• I've got a few with bad air manners also ... I'll fly em every so often ... Just so i will like the good flying planes even more ! :-)

Comment

• So true. After flying a crappy plane, you really appreciate the nice flying planes.
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X