X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	D1984B24-6515-4AAE-A15C-546658093F72.jpeg Views:	31 Size:	247.9 KB ID:	194694 I
    had a nice warbird outing day before yesterday, after the bad weather had cleared out.
    Flightline P-38 and Spit IX
    Graupner He-111
    Hobby King FW190A and Bf-110

Enjoyed all of the flights except the Bf-110. It is the only plane I have that flies worse with rudder than without. Whenever I give it rudder in turns, it wants to tuck. Crappy flying plane. I'd picked it up at a swap meet for next to nothing. It flies like a plane that I'd picked up for next to nothing at a swap meet.
    with the Dynam BF-110 i mix rudder with ailerons, else it youll find yourself fighting to turn all the time.

this made it a whole lot easier when one of my motors failed while in the air right after take off, it wasn't actually an esc failure it was a dynam motor winding failure.

Comment

• Originally posted by tengarang View Post

with the Dynam BF-110 i mix rudder with ailerons, else it youll find yourself fighting to turn all the time.

this made it a whole lot easier when one of my motors failed while in the air right after take off, it wasn't actually an esc failure it was a dynam motor winding failure.
      Heya, Teng.

You know, I’ve been calling my 110 a HobbyKing Bf-110. But, I think that it’s actually Dynam. It’s the only Dynamcrap plane I own.

I can’t do any rudder-aileron mixes for the 110 because I can’t manually do a coordinated turn. It seems that any rudder input at all causes the 110 to tuck and dive toward the ground. It flies okay in bank-n-yank turns.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• FWIW, I found the same thing happened with my BF-110. Mix your rudder to ailerons, but have the rudders move the opposite way than the ailerons. :Thinking::Confused::Scared: It helps to hold the nose up in the turns... Also, both props rotate the same way, so turning left it tucks more than turning to the right due to "P" factor.... I mix 40%.

Comment

• But have the mix on a switch so you can turn the mix off. You have to be careful with the speed in the turns with the cross-control mix going on... ;) Get too slow and the plane does a trick!!! :Sweating:LOL

Comment

So true. After flying a crappy plane, you really appreciate the nice flying planes.
            AHMEN to that Brother!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
              FWIW, I found the same thing happened with my BF-110. Mix your rudder to ailerons, but have the rudders move the opposite way than the ailerons. :Thinking::Confused::Scared: It helps to hold the nose up in the turns... Also, both props rotate the same way, so turning left it tucks more than turning to the right due to "P" factor.... I mix 40%.
              Hmmmm. I didn’t try cross-controlling. I have to cross-control with some of my bombers, especially my Graupner He-111, if I want to keep the wings at a low bank angle. Next time I fly the Dynam Bf-110, I’ll see if cross-controlling in the turns makes any improvements. Appreciate the advice.
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

• To be honest, it helps some... With that said, it is not a great flying bird. You are so correct, after you fly her and then go on, to say, the Flightline P-38 or Tigercat, it is night and day difference!!! :Cool:

Comment

Heya, Teng.

You know, I’ve been calling my 110 a HobbyKing Bf-110. But, I think that it’s actually Dynam. It’s the only Dynamcrap plane I own.

I can’t do any rudder-aileron mixes for the 110 because I can’t manually do a coordinated turn. It seems that any rudder input at all causes the 110 to tuck and dive toward the ground. It flies okay in bank-n-yank turns.
                  Hi Ox,

Totally understand sir, and i agree... dynam 110 isnt the greatest release out there. Just to stand firm with your initial claim, and i can relate with what you mean by the mixes. That tail makes her....stubborn...

Teng

Comment

Hmmmm. I didn’t try cross-controlling. I have to cross-control with some of my bombers, especially my Graupner He-111, if I want to keep the wings at a low bank angle. Next time I fly the Dynam Bf-110, I’ll see if cross-controlling in the turns makes any improvements. Appreciate the advice.
                    Actually, the whole point of me replying to your post was really to gawk at your Graupner HE-111, she is beautiful:) then i got side tracked with the 110 thought and lost my train of thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                      To be honest, it helps some... With that said, it is not a great flying bird. You are so correct, after you fly her and then go on, to say, the Flightline P-38 or Tigercat, it is night and day difference!!! :Cool:
                      I need to try your cross mix with the aileron and rudder. ill put it on a 3 position switch, pos 0 no mix. pos 1 rudder/ail in sync, pos 2 rudder/ail cross.

The flightline models fly amazing.

Comment

Actually, the whole point of me replying to your post was really to gawk at your Graupner HE-111, she is beautiful:) then i got side tracked with the 110 thought and lost my train of thought.
                        The Graupner is a nice plane. I went with MAS 3-blades counter-rotating props and Turnigy 4240 motors. She’s quite sporty, when I wind her up. The spinner isn’t right and the diameter is a half inch too small, but I can live with it. Click image for larger version

Name:	FEC8E5F1-5D44-4915-8EBB-E01CC4F04120.jpeg
Views:	557
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	194901
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

The Graupner is a nice plane. I went with MAS 3-blades counter-rotating props and Turnigy 4240 motors. She’s quite sporty, when I wind her up. The spinner isn’t right and the diameter is a half inch too small, but I can live with it. Click image for larger version

Name:	FEC8E5F1-5D44-4915-8EBB-E01CC4F04120.jpeg
Views:	557
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	194901
                          Hey Ox,

You have me drooling all over my breakfast, just fixed up some soup brought it to my desk and now i need a new bowl of noodles!!!:Drooling:

my goodness im jealous bud i really am.

the 4240 turnigy motor looks hefty around 500 to 600KV (M8 8mm motor shaft?) i suspect that prop looks like its a good size, cant quite judge by the picture. But if you mentioned it somewhere already do apologize i may have missed it.

the spinners look great but if you want to entertain some other ideas about the spinner the Flight Line FW190 1100mm spinner looks pretty goood but its got a M6 6mm center hole requiring a 6mm motor shaft, you will need to remove the backplate fins....

also not so scale but cool looking (probably something i would do anyway) is using the dynam fw190 spinner which is a M8 8mm center hole that would work with your 4240 motor assuming its a M8 shaft

i was actually going to use the FW190 dynam spinner with the parkzone 3 blade prop which also has a M8 center hole. This combination opens up quite a large lot of motor choices amongst all the vendors Motion HK FMS ect...

For my setup i plan on using the Eflite BL15 850KV motors 3s setup only because im trying to keep cost down which i have these motors in my posession, use the (new) eflite 40A stock esc's from the BNF 1200mm warbird kits,i presume they are all factory preprogrammed the same way as the ones that come from the BNF kits are firmware locked, only the ones you buy individually off the shelf are programmable, and they use the FMS programming protocol.

The choices in this case would be the KI-61 980mm spinner assembly for the M6 center hole or the Flightline FW190 1100mm spinner with the fins removed, for my soon to come He111 project

teng

Comment

Hey Ox,

You have me drooling all over my breakfast, just fixed up some soup brought it to my desk and now i need a new bowl of noodles!!!:Drooling:

my goodness im jealous bud i really am.

the 4240 turnigy motor looks hefty around 500 to 600KV (M8 8mm motor shaft?) i suspect that prop looks like its a good size, cant quite judge by the picture. But if you mentioned it somewhere already do apologize i may have missed it.

the spinners look great but if you want to entertain somether ideas about the spinner the Flight Line FW190 1100mm spinner looks pretty goood but its got a M6 6mm center hole requiring a 6mm motor shaft, you will need to remove the backplate fins....

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...-scale-spinner

also not so scale but cool looking (probably something i would do anyway) is using the dynam fw190 spinner which is a M8 8mm center hole that would work with your 4240 motor assuming its a M8 shaft

i was actually going to use the FW190 dynam spinner with the parkzone 3 blade prop which also has a M8 center hole. This combination opens up quite a large lot of motor choices amongst all the vendors Motion HK FMS ect...
                            https://www.horizonhobby.com/3-blade...f-109g-pkz4901

For my setup i plan on using the Eflite BL15 850KV motors 3s setup only because im trying to keep cost down which i have these motors in my posession, use the (new) eflite 40A stock esc's from the BNF 1200mm warbird kits,i presume they are all factory preprogrammed the same way as the ones that come from the BNF kits are firmware locked, only the ones you buy individually off the shelf are programmable, and they use the FMS programming protocol.

The choices in this case would be the KI-61 980mm spinner assembly for the M6 center hole or the Flightline FW190 1100mm spinner with the fins removed, for my soon to come He111 project

teng
                            Teng,
                            Alpha has asked me to make a post in the new BH He-111 Thread about my early version Graupner/Black Horse He-111. So, There’ll be much more info on my 111 in that thread. But, to answer a few specific questions. The motors are Turnigy Aerodrive 4240-740kv and they’re swinging MAS 11x7x3 counter-rotating props. My 111 flies a little oddly. It needs a ton of rudder in the turns, with cross-controlled ailerons yo keep the bank angle ‘bomber like.’ With this power train, though, I can bank-n-yank this 111 like a fighter. In fact, when flying it that way, it handles very similarity to my FlightLine P-38. It has plenty of roll and pitch authority, for some pretty easy rolls and loops/Immelmanns. She looks awesome in the air! When I make the bank to fly down the runway,, despite being bomber-sized, she wants to disappear into the clouds. The white spinner and nacelles are all that I see for a few seconds, as she’s banking straight toward me.
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

Teng,
                              Alpha has asked me to make a post in the new BH He-111 Thread about my early version Graupner/Black Horse He-111. So, There’ll be much more info on my 111 in that thread. But, to answer a few specific questions. The motors are Turnigy Aerodrive 4240-740kv and they’re swinging MAS 11x7x3 counter-rotating props. My 111 flies a little oddly. It needs a ton of rudder in the turns, with cross-controlled ailerons yo keep the bank angle ‘bomber like.’ With this power train, though, I can bank-n-yank this 111 like a fighter. In fact, when flying it that way, it handles very similarity to my FlightLine P-38. It has plenty of roll and pitch authority, for some pretty easy rolls and loops/Immelmanns. She looks awesome in the air! When I make the bank to fly down the runway,, despite being bomber-sized, she wants to disappear into the clouds. The white spinner and nacelles are all that I see for a few seconds, as she’s banking straight toward me.
                              Hiya Ox,

Sorry for the late reply in the office at the moment and things are finally slowing down to Fridays pace...
                              That is really cool the way you have described the feel of your Graupner/Black Horse HE-111. I just realized after reading your post the two are actually the same, very cool! i had thought they were two completely separate planes rather than an updated version. This is very exciting!
                              I'll definitely be looking out for your thread, will give it a search, I'm sure there will be much value content related topics there!
                              the cross controll-ed ailerons is something i will want to do as well, and glad to see the power plant you are using puts into perspective how this ~7lb balsa of beauty performs, looking for more with anticipation.

Cheers

teng

Comment

• Hey OX,

Another question for you please.

You mentioned you use a 11x7x3 MAS prop. I am trying to study your second picture of your HE-111 closely and almost sure a Dynam 3 blade prop that comes standard with the hellcat p47 te 13x7x3 would not hit the fuselage if you mounted those on your 4250 turnigy motors....am i right?

looks like it would be close to the greenhouse near the tip of the nose but maybe a half inch away...

Please let me know :)

thank you in advance

Tengarang

Comment

• No flying today.. The Thunderbirds are in town!

Thunderbirds Practice

Comment

Hey OX,

Another question for you please.

You mentioned you use a 11x7x3 MAS prop. I am trying to study your second picture of your HE-111 closely and almost sure a Dynam 3 blade prop that comes standard with the hellcat p47 te 13x7x3 would not hit the fuselage if you mounted those on your 4250 turnigy motors....am i right?

looks like it would be close to the greenhouse near the tip of the nose but maybe a half inch away...

Please let me know :)

thank you in advance

Tengarang
                                    Just for you, my buddy Teng. I loosely put on a MAS 13x8x3 prop. Sitting on the tail wheel, there’s about 1 3/8” clearance to the ground and about 1” to the nose. On takeoff, if the tail rose past horizontal, the prop would strike the ground. I haven’t put it on a wattmeter; so, I have no idea how many amps this power train would pull. You can draw your own conclusions about the suitability of the prop. Personally, I feel that my 111 is already significantly over-powered with the 4240-740 motors, MAS 11x7x3 props, and 4S batt. The bigger 13x8x3 does look cool as hell though!!!
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	13EFDC4E-7E8F-4BF3-A193-93B733879390.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	195121Click image for larger version  Name:	BDA7D2BD-9B66-48B3-BA6F-DCD9D5F092AD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	176.0 KB ID:	195122Click image for larger version  Name:	03C7DE30-1AC7-478D-B776-AE21749F9410.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	176.3 KB ID:	195123
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

Just for you, my buddy Teng. I loosely put on a MAS 13x8x3 prop. Sitting on the tail wheel, there’s about 1 3/8” clearance to the ground and about 1” to the nose. On takeoff, if the tail rose past horizontal, the prop would strike the ground. I haven’t put it on a wattmeter; so, I have no idea how many amps this power train would pull. You can draw your own conclusions about the suitability of the prop. Personally, I feel that my 111 is already significantly over-powered with the 4240-740 motors, MAS 11x7x3 props, and 4S batt. The bigger 13x8x3 does look cool as hell though!!!
                                      Click image for larger version Name:	13EFDC4E-7E8F-4BF3-A193-93B733879390.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	195121Click image for larger version Name:	BDA7D2BD-9B66-48B3-BA6F-DCD9D5F092AD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	176.0 KB ID:	195122Click image for larger version Name:	03C7DE30-1AC7-478D-B776-AE21749F9410.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	176.3 KB ID:	195123
                                      Hiya Ox!

Thank you, thank you double **Bows**
                                      Man, I really appreciate you going out of your way taking off the hardware where you didn't have to in the first place and checking all that.
                                      Looks like the 13 blade prop is really getting close however manageable.

For the record, if i used the same motor as you did, I too would stick with the 11" for the reasons you have stated and for the obvious its a proven setup. At the 13" i ill likely go much lower KV, 500kv(4s) 550kv(3s) 620kv(4s) 650kv(3s) at most.

Thanks, OX those beautiful pictures are worth a million

Best Regards

Teng

Comment

• Went with these 2 unlikely love birds. !! :-)Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture+_2019-05-18-16-14-05.png Views:	0 Size:	1.31 MB ID:	195154

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                                          No flying today.. The Thunderbirds are in town!

Thunderbirds Practice
                                          I understand that, if you take an RC model Thunderbird F-16 out to the airshow, the pilots will sign it for you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X