X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
    Lee Ray from the RC Roundtable Podcast got some great footage of the Huey flying at Bomber field from a few weeks ago:
    That's pretty cool! Enjoyed that

Comment

• A few flights this morning with VK Cherokee. What an easy flyer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	376.8 KB
ID:	205305

Comment

• Old school!!! Love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

That's pretty cool! Enjoyed that
          Thanks EA-6B! It’s a fun model to fly, and I love how the video turned out!

Comment

• Were you there for the Warbird? Bomber Field is where I have flown for most of my adult life! Used to announce for the shows too! Miss it! Great video and nice flying!

Comment

• Scale head-tracking FPV formation training with a big Carbon-Z Cub SS 2.1m in a 1.1m FMS PC-21

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
              Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                Scale head-tracking FPV formation training with a big Carbon-Z Cub SS 2.1m in a 1.1m FMS PC-21
                really cool how you are able to FPV like that with your planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by tengarang View Post

really cool how you are able to FPV like that with your planes.
                  Thanks! I think all of us that are into Warbirds have all fantasized about being a fighter pilot. And FPV is a realization of that fantasy for me. It is exhilarating to do formation and mock dogfights from onboard perspective. Hope more people are inspired to give it a try.
                  YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                  Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                  Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• What a great way to start out the day. A flight with the DHC-Beaver followed by a couple Bass catches. :) Life is good.....

Attached Files
                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Thanks! I think all of us that are into Warbirds have all fantasized about being a fighter pilot. And FPV is a realization of that fantasy for me. It is exhilarating to do formation and mock dogfights from onboard perspective. Hope more people are inspired to give it a try.
                      Before I invest in an FPV rig, I need to try a set of the goggles, to see if I can adequately focus in them with my current optometry prescription.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                        Were you there for the Warbird? Bomber Field is where I have flown for most of my adult life! Used to announce for the shows too! Miss it! Great video and nice flying!
                        Thanks Hardway, yes I was there for the Warbird Fly! That’s awesome! Hoping to make it out again for the B-17 gathering in September! It was my first time making it down there and it certainly didn’t disappoint!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                          What a great way to start out the day. A flight with the DHC-Beaver followed by a couple Bass catches. :) Life is good.....

With the proper equipment, you could have done both simultaneously.

Comment

• Since I finally had a day with no wind, I pulled out the UMXs, and threw in the Dynam Waco for good measure.

Comment

you certainly inspired me, it takes great work for great inspirational influence

Comment

• you guys are probably getting a bit sick and tired of watching my maule videos... but here is another one.
                                ill change it up next time

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-07-11 at 6.18.59 PM.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	205758

Comment

• Picked up one of these little guys. Flew it yesterday. I think Eflite has figured out the programming for the flight controller on these VTOLs. This one has none of the horrible glitches of the Banana Hobby V-22 and has virtually eliminated the small glitches that are in the Convergence and Mini-Conv. This one even flew out of the box without need of manually trimming the control surfaces after each flight on a trial and error basis. It just flew well and fought the wind to boot.

Comment

• Successful flights with all four today. After rebuilding the Sensei with new foamboard wings, I wasn't sure if or how well she would fly, but she earned her new name of Fawkes (after Dumbledore's phoenix in the Harry Potter series) and rose from her ashes. I need to fine tune her a bit more, and reduce the rates on the ailerons (she's WAY more twitchy now than she was with her original wings), but I flew her for a 90 second flight and a safe landing.

I did my second flight on the Stinger this morning as well. The gyro adjustment worked out. A couple of times during the flight, it looked like I was getting just a little bit of gyro flutter, but it didn't persist or cause any problem. I came in a bit fast on the landing, rolled right to the end of the runway and flipped over in the weeds, but other than being an ugly landing, it was a safe one.

I enjoyed some relaxing soaring with the Calypso between Fawkes and the Stinger, and then closed out the morning by flying the Flite Test Simple Scout. Just enough breeze this morning to keep the air from feeling still and stifling, but when I packed up around ten, it was pushing 95 degrees at the field. Memo: next time I go out, take Hydroflask filled with ice water.

Comment

• Flew in the big boy today, 31' Great Lakes Trainer

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
                                        Flew in the big boy today, 31' Great Lakes Trainer
                                        Pardon me while I channel the late Steve Irwin on that one -

"Crikey, she's a beaut!"

Comment

• [QUOTE=CaptAmerica;n205856]Flew in the big boy today, 31' Great Lakes Trainer [/QUOTE

Love it, that's what I call giant scale, is it electric or gas!!!!!...........

Comment

Working...
                                          X