Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190810-214428_Gallery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.6 KB ID:	209795My QQ extra night , tried it out at dusk tonight It was darker than it shows ! . Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190810-214518_Gallery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.2 KB ID:	209796

Comment

• Better pic of the Flex QQ on the stand ... Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190810-215543_Gallery.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	209798

Comment

• Got the new servo into Shangrila and took her up this morning. After a few adjustments, she flew great! Did the first loops and rolls with her since the resurrection and she handled them fine, back to her old self!!
        Thank God!!
        Also had the Spitfire up again, I just can't seem to leave that bird at home!! We had a pretty good crosswind and she doesn't like those so much when landing. The wind tends to want to get under the wing and tip her up, so I have to remember to get the ailerons going and lean into the wind when on the ground I guess. But other than that, WHAT A GREAT BIRD!!
        I love that Spitty!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• I got one flight each on all four of these before the wind started kicking up this morning. About 80 degrees with just a little breeze when I got to the field just after 8, and surprisingly, despite nice conditions, I was the only one there. By 9:30, the wind was building in strength, so even though I had three more batteries charged, I decided four good flights would do it. I even managed to land the Stinger EDF without bouncing it today.

Earlier this week, I disconnected the WISE stabilization system in Fawkes, which I suspected was causing some of my stability issues. The new foamboard wing's ailerons are reversed from the original wing, and even with the stabilization set to the advanced mode, the WISE system would try to keep the plane level with no stick input. The problem was, if it started banking a bit to one side, it would end up throwing aileron in to make it bank more to that side. It was much more stable without the WISE system today.

Did I mention I landed the Stinger without bouncing? I'm not sure if the landing was such that it should be described as greasing the landing, but I was pretty darned happy with how smooth it was, though a bit upset to see that, despite having my P&S camera aimed well for the runway before hitting record, for some reason, it zoomed in just a bit on the record function, so the bottom of the screen barely shows the runway, and the camera didn't capture the touchdown. Yeah, I know. Pictures or it didn't happen.

Comment

• Installed new 20A ESCs in the Herc and got in a few flights today. I'm really pleased with the way this thing looks in the air. A flying buddy took some photos for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
              Got the new servo into Shangrila and took her up this morning. After a few adjustments, she flew great! Did the first loops and rolls with her since the resurrection and she handled them fine, back to her old self!!
              Thank God!!
              Also had the Spitfire up again, I just can't seem to leave that bird at home!! We had a pretty good crosswind and she doesn't like those so much when landing. The wind tends to want to get under the wing and tip her up, so I have to remember to get the ailerons going and lean into the wind when on the ground I guess. But other than that, WHAT A GREAT BIRD!!
              I love that Spitty!!

Grossman56
              Which Spitfire are you flying?

The Flightline 1600 mm Spitfire, adjusting the cg by adding weight to the nose made all the difference in the world

Grossman56

Comment

• Choppers baby 😎

Click image for larger version

Name:	915DC906-41F5-4E09-9CCF-23C23915849F.jpeg
Views:	576
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	209942

TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Choppers now .............amazing George
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Awesome George!! Glad to see you getting into the wonderful world of scale helis!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	a-10 11AUG19.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	209990

A-10 flights today. Also a maiden with the E-Flite Havoc.
                      Attached Files
                      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                        Choppers baby 😎

Click image for larger version  Name:	915DC906-41F5-4E09-9CCF-23C23915849F.jpeg Views:	16 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	209942
                        Nice George, love the sky background.

I might be going back to scale helis as well, losing my runway soon and don't feel like driving to one so I just may return to helis because of my situation, those I can just play around my house with, but this time I am going 700 or 800 size, before I had all 600 size, going big this time. Here are some of my Hughes 600 size scalers I sold several yrs ago to get into EDF Jets, now I may be going back.

Comment

• Loving My Freewing 70mm F16. Logged my 65th Flight on this air frame this morning after putting 6 packs thru it. Included a short video of my flying field.

Happy Flying!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

A-10 flights today. Also a maiden with the E-Flite Havoc.
                            I spot some 3D printed mavericks and paveways

mind sharing some close-ups? Would love to see how you finished those

Comment

• Good stuff folks! Keep 'em flying!

F-22 Summer Sortie...

My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

I spot some 3D printed mavericks and paveways

mind sharing some close-ups? Would love to see how you finished those
                                A visitor at the field took the pic of my A-10. Yes , I'll get some pictures of your 3D printed mavericks and paveways you made for me. Enjoyed painting them.
                                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• I don't know how many have had the pleasure of teaching someone to fly, but if you haven't, take every opportunity to do so, you will end up being a better pilot for it.
                                  Today, I was talking my buddy Ron through a landing with the Pandora. Personally, I still love to fly that bird because it is the best wind bird of the bunch in my opinion. Nothing better than to fly it sideways down the runway in a good stiff crosswind. Anyway, my method of landing is to bring her in with minimal throttle, none if I have the altitude, then descend to about two feet of altitude and put 2-3 clicks of throttle in and bring the nose up gradually, holding it off the ground until she settles in. So, afterwards, I grab the Bearcat and start utilizing the same method and man its sweet. You need a little more throttle because mine at least, is heavier with the 650kv and the 1400 mm Corsair prop. But man you can walk that plane in so sweet! (I'm using DB wheels now, makes a huge difference)
                                  So, I too made advances today, simply because of taking the time to help a fellow enthusiast, how cool is that??

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• I may be teaching my coworker to fly soon, though if I can, I may try and talk him into coming out to the club field, and learning from more experienced pilots than myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                      I don't know how many have had the pleasure of teaching someone to fly, but if you haven't, take every opportunity to do so, you will end up being a better pilot for it.
                                      Today, I was talking my buddy Ron through a landing with the Pandora. Personally, I still love to fly that bird because it is the best wind bird of the bunch in my opinion. Nothing better than to fly it sideways down the runway in a good stiff crosswind. Anyway, my method of landing is to bring her in with minimal throttle, none if I have the altitude, then descend to about two feet of altitude and put 2-3 clicks of throttle in and bring the nose up gradually, holding it off the ground until she settles in. So, afterwards, I grab the Bearcat and start utilizing the same method and man its sweet. You need a little more throttle because mine at least, is heavier with the 650kv and the 1400 mm Corsair prop. But man you can walk that plane in so sweet! (I'm using DB wheels now, makes a huge difference)
                                      So, I too made advances today, simply because of taking the time to help a fellow enthusiast, how cool is that??

Grossman56
                                      I have to agree the Pandora is my go to wind bird especially in cross winds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                                        I may be teaching my coworker to fly soon, though if I can, I may try and talk him into coming out to the club field, and learning from more experienced pilots than myself.
                                        Go for it Hoomi! Instructor duty will make you a better pilot. It makes you think about what you're doing at higher level. One where you not only understand it, but can convey it to another. Not to mention how rewarding it is to have your student out there doing it on his own.

Comment

• Compilation video of this past Sunday's flying. Kind of an experiment, since I haven't done a compilation before.

Comment

Working...
                                          X