• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	FCA54019-47BC-4D06-A5E9-7990C6BB0C9A.jpeg
Views:	609
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	210237 Warmed up my thumbs with the biplane for a 7 minute hop in the early morning hours, then 2 back to back battery packs with the Ryan. Mostly low approaches with a couple nice touch and go’s. Still trying to tame the landings without nosing over. You have to have everything perfect, but other than scrapes on the prop it doesn’t hurt anything but my feelings and dropping a few F-bombs...
    Landing the biplane and the t-6, sweet as a breeze but it took me a while to really develop the skills to keep them straight on the centerline - both for takeoff and landing. Ground effects just magnify everything with the Ryan, but the low passes flying in the ground effect really helped get the feel of the transition to round out and flare with power in. I’m going to reduce some of the elevator as it is super sensitive in the ground effect, but it is just fine in flight. Might try getting more comfortable with low rates a bit more to see if that helps on the roll out. The touchdown is usually fine but it just gets one wing or the other comes up and it ground loops and tips on the nose.
    More practice.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Maidened my UMX Cirrus SR22T, HobbyZone AeroScout and Volantx Ranger G2. The SR22T flew as I expected, and so did the AeroScout, Performance of the Ranger was spotty and not up to my expectations. Guess I'm not a power glider guy.

Comment

• Fun and games with my FW BA 90mm...

My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Practicing basic airmanship stuff like short approaches, touch & goes, turn around a point and basic aerobatics while giving joyrides to a couple of licensed pilot friends. Verdict: why pay $200/hour for full scale plane rental when scale FPV flying is more fun - G forces not withstanding - and don’t have to deal with air traffic control.Head-tracking FPV setup

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
          Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Got a dozen flights in yesterday morning before the skies opened up again . 4 each with my MXS, 1700mm P-51, F-4 and Stinger 90. It's either been raining all day or starting in the early afternoon for over a month now, so getting tired of dodging the rain and thunderstorms, but's that's south Florida in the summer. When it's not raining, it's 95 with a feels like index of 107 (and it's not a "dry Heat" )

Used to fly at Markham Park for years and we had resident owls there, now at AMPS field in Miami near the Everglades. The deer come out early in the morning and sometimes an alligator-even have some idiot about 1/2 mile north of the field that has lions and cougars-some say they got loose once-that's all I need is to get eaten by an alligator or lion while flying-and I thought this hobby was relatively safe (that is if you're no where near the field when I'm flying) . Got a couple photos of the deer, a buck and 2 does, but unfortunately only had my phone instead of a decent camera so don't bitch about the quality, but if I can't prove it, it didn't happen. On one flight, they were on the edge of the runway as I took off with my F-4, then proceeded to park right in the middle of the runway. Had to "buzz" 'em a couple of times so I could land without impaling them. They obviously didn't get the memo on where not to be when I'm flying!
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
              Got a dozen flights in yesterday morning before the skies opened up again . 4 each with my MXS, 1700mm P-51, F-4 and Stinger 90. It's either been raining all day or starting in the early afternoon for over a month now, so getting tired of dodging the rain and thunderstorms, but's that's south Florida in the summer. When it's not raining, it's 95 with a feels like index of 107 (and it's not a "dry Heat" )

Used to fly at Markham Park for years and we had resident owls there, now at AMPS field in Miami near the Everglades. The deer come out early in the morning and sometimes an alligator-even have some idiot about 1/2 mile north of the field that has lions and cougars-some say they got loose once-that's all I need is to get eaten by an alligator or lion while flying-and I thought this hobby was relatively safe (that is if you're no where near the field when I'm flying) . Got a couple photos of the deer, a buck and 2 does, but unfortunately only had my phone instead of a decent camera so don't bitch about the quality, but if I can't prove it, it didn't happen. On one flight, they were on the edge of the runway as I took off with my F-4, then proceeded to park right in the middle of the runway. Had to "buzz" 'em a couple of times so I could land without impaling them. They obviously didn't get the memo on where not to be when I'm flying!
              So now it's more than just foam "gatoring" that you have to worry about. And maybe you might want to invest in a compressed air air-horn for those pesky deer.

Comment

• Was having a nice flight with the Ryan, after loosening my brain / thumb synapses with the T-6. Did a low approach to about 10 feet and my spotter says aircraft approaching from your 6, but he is higher than you. Since he was not in my field of vision I smoothly added power and went nose up - she climbs better than most Warbirds. She got to the pitch attitude I wanted and got plenty of altitude quickly - about 100’, when I heard ‘thump’ and saw the prop depart the aircraft. Shoved the nose down and tuned for the numbers. Did nose over on the landing, nothing structural or even a scratch but the motor was loose in the cowl. Prop collet let go. Other than that the other planes flew with pleasure. Pretty good to get 5 in the Civic. Click image for larger version  Name:	9769B65B-E5E2-442F-9843-A7AE5B53A442.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	155.5 KB ID:	210650Click image for larger version  Name:	1ACD1E26-91B8-429C-BC4F-53C7B643C6B5.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	147.6 KB ID:	210649Click image for larger version  Name:	3F5C179F-349B-4BF1-98D3-75F401F28684.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	111.3 KB ID:	210648Click image for larger version  Name:	6CC25C1E-6AE0-4031-8A33-0BA2654B49F1.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	49.4 KB ID:	210647

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190817-200433_Messages.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	210660 After the rain today, a little yard flying.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• It was an Avanti and Furious day at the field.
                    .Click image for larger version

Name:	Field Morrison.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	210677
                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• No pictures uploaded yet, but one flight each this morning with Fawkes, Air Hooterville, and the Simple Scout, and two flights on the Freewing Stinger.

After the second flight of the Stinger, the wind was starting to kick up, and actually flipped the Scout over on the ground. I decided when the wind is throwing around your parked airplanes, it's a good indication that it's time to call it a day.

Comment

• Went out flying this evening and brought out a few planes, but conditions were pretty turbulent so I got out my go-to high wind bird. Got in 2 flights on the 500 size Little Bird.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                          Went out flying this evening and brought out a few planes, but conditions were pretty turbulent so I got out my go-to high wind bird. Got in 2 flights on the 500 size Little Bird.
                          Man that is a sweet looking bird.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Man that is a sweet looking bird.
                            Thanks Corsair! It is such a sweet flyer, and has great flight envelope!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Thanks Corsair! It is such a sweet flyer, and has great flight envelope!
                              But can you do what Malcolm McDowell couldn't, and that's loop it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

But can you do what Malcolm McDowell couldn't, and that's loop it?
                                I’ve come close! Never rounded off the loop through. Worried about aft cyclic causing blade contact with the boom during recovery.

Comment

• Minor detail!

Comment

• My first time out with both my Avanti and Havoc at the same time. Still getting the Havoc dialed in. Flights 3-6 logged in now and getting more comfortable. The Avanti I'm very comfortable with, having flights 13-16 logged today. Both excellent flyers. At this time, which one would I recommend you say?? My pref is the Avanti.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Rv8 https://youtu.be/rBe7gD07-cM

Comment

• F16 thunderbird https://youtu.be/La4_BSHFNgg

Comment

• I didn't fly it today but I did sit and stare at it,
                                          Does that count?
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X