Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC, Great lookin' stable of thoroughbreds you've got there. Tally Ho, Mate. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	CC629749-0E2A-4708-99AC-F39A33886C93.jpeg
Views:	461
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	213753 Unofficially, Piper Day for me at the field. Nice calm morning.
      Got a phone call that I’ll have to visit the office, but that’s a good thing because that is at the factory in Vero Beach. Seems they are short an Instructor...any RC geeks nearby?

Comment

• Alas, there was no flying for me this weekend. Saturday, we had some gusty winds preceding the storm, and Sunday morning we had rain. That, added to puppy-sitting our son's dog, (who is rather large and still at the stage of, "All enthusiasm, and no finesse,") really put a damper on getting out to the field.

Comment

Name:	916a.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	213788
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I love flying at dusk when the wind calms down and I have the field all to myself. Quality time with son and him sharpening photography skills on the plane are icing on the cake . We also buddy box and train him to fly scale FPV as well.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
            Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
            Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• I love flying at dusk when the wind calms down and I have the field all to myself. Quality time with son and him sharpening photography skills on the plane are icing on the cake . We also buddy box and train him to fly scale FPV as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                I love flying at dusk when the wind calms down and I have the field all to myself. Quality time with son and him sharpening photography skills on the plane are icing on the cake . We also buddy box and train him to fly scale FPV as well.
                Isn't that one of the fields they modeled in RealFlight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Isn't that one of the fields they modeled in RealFlight?
                  I don’t have a recent RF to confirm - mine is 6.5. The field is Bob Swenson Memorial Field - better known as Black Star Field - belong to Orange County Modelers Association in Silverado, CA.

Comment

• Yeah, that just happened... Click image for larger version

Name:	20BBF48B-3E25-4A7F-AEA3-7AB073A12904.jpeg
Views:	414
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	214064Click image for larger version

Name:	0823D74A-004C-4D48-8382-6574B4702922.jpeg
Views:	453
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	214060Click image for larger version

Name:	52F97709-06DA-460D-9DCB-F07F37131C3D.jpeg
Views:	396
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	214061Click image for larger version

Name:	DDD4CFFF-4131-4DB8-A4C4-920112E66710.jpeg
Views:	408
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	214062Click image for larger version

Name:	18646F8E-E14D-4725-A3D6-EC678F325B5C.jpeg
Views:	385
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	214063

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                      Yeah, that just happened...]
                      F22T, Ouch. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Sorry Bro, but it happens. And especially with SIG scale birds, it really hurts when the landing goes bad... I know you will make it like new, but man...…. Blessing!! Jerry

Comment

• Man that was one of my favorite planes. After watching your build, I feel like I'm emotionally vested here. That's gotta smart a little, my sincere condolences. It happens, can't let it get to ya mate. I hope ya choose to fix our plane.

Bests W

Hey buddy, I'm, dying to know the details. I also hope you let us follow the repair mate. I'd like to see all the details. To be honest, I actually enjoy the repair work. I think you will too, sometimes it's just hard to get started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                            Man that was one of my favorite planes. After watching your build, I feel like I'm emotionally vested here. That's gotta smart a little, my sincere condolences. It happens, can't let it get to ya mate. I hope ya choose to fix our plane.

Bests W

Hey buddy, I'm, dying to know the details. I also hope you let us follow the repair mate. I'd like to see all the details. To be honest, I actually enjoy the repair work. I think you will too, sometimes it's just hard to get started.
                            Repairs have already started, but so did a 9 day work stretch and I will be teaching at the factory in Vero Beach for a week after that. So progress will be kind of slow. need to have it ready for the OEAF event 10/25 - 27.
                            Thanks for all your thoughts and interest. Pilot error - thought I would try and get another flight after my last landing broke the 16x8E prop. I had another 14x8E prop that I had done the maiden flights with, but I was not prepared for the results with regard to decreasing performance. Too low, too slow, and over control- all things considered it could have been a lot worse.
                            She will return to the active flight line - no doubt, but still doing some triage. Fuselage is fine, likely a bent motor shaft, and I have another SIG kit already NIB, so no worries there.
                            Thanks again guys - means a lot.

Comment

• And just for fun, check this guy out and the response to my remark about not doing any favors for model aviation or the AMA:

I suppose I should thank him for such a perfect demonstration of hazardous attitudes and the type of behavior both the model and professional aviation world seek to eliminate. Maybe you guys could reassure him that we would not want him or anyone like him as a member, and maybe a good psychiatrist.
                              Of maybe, I’m out of line, but I don’t think so.

Comment

Name:	5861AF51-568F-4D23-99FE-86E76D8F4DEA.jpeg
Views:	411
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	214113Click image for larger version

Name:	8EE5A8B9-8981-4B26-9F1C-2EDDA0184187.jpeg
Views:	386
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	214115Click image for larger version

Name:	E3C4F51D-A1E0-487E-AECF-971D931C93D9.jpeg
Views:	352
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	214114 But here is what I flew today, and look what parked beside me!

Comment

And just for fun, check this guy out and the response to my remark about not doing any favors for model aviation or the AMA:

I suppose I should thank him for such a perfect demonstration of hazardous attitudes and the type of behavior both the model and professional aviation world seek to eliminate. Maybe you guys could reassure him that we would not want him or anyone like him as a member, and maybe a good psychiatrist.
                                  That's the same guy who posted a video of flying his Freewing 64mm A-10 from the street in front of his house - over other homes, cars, etc. Several people commented on the foolishness of flying in a residential subdivision. Apparently, it's in one ear, and right out the other.

Trying to educate someone like this is another of those things we can compare to trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. This guy will continue to vehemently defend his "rights," until the day he loses control of a plane, and it causes enough damage that he finds himself on the receiving end of a serious lawsuit. When I watched that video of him flying the A-10 over his neighbors' homes, all I could think was, "if that thing crashes into someone, or into some car, and causes damage, he's screwed, because AMA insurance won't cover it if we're flying where we are not supposed to."

From the sounds of it, he's not an AMA member anyway, so no insurance there to begin with. I doubt his homeowner's policy would cover it, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

That's the same guy who posted a video of flying his Freewing 64mm A-10 from the street in front of his house - over other homes, cars, etc. Several people commented on the foolishness of flying in a residential subdivision. Apparently, it's in one ear, and right out the other.

Trying to educate someone like this is another of those things we can compare to trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. This guy will continue to vehemently defend his "rights," until the day he loses control of a plane, and it causes enough damage that he finds himself on the receiving end of a serious lawsuit. When I watched that video of him flying the A-10 over his neighbors' homes, all I could think was, "if that thing crashes into someone, or into some car, and causes damage, he's screwed, because AMA insurance won't cover it if we're flying where we are not supposed to."

From the sounds of it, he's not an AMA member anyway, so no insurance there to begin with. I doubt his homeowner's policy would cover it, either.
                                    Thought so, why is that the moron who always speaks up first to say “I know my rights...” has never opened the book?

Comment

And just for fun, check this guy out and the response to my remark about not doing any favors for model aviation or the AMA:

But one of the problems I have at my field is sight-seers, and scoffers. It's an AMA sanctioned field literally out on the backside of the local county park, with all kinds of signs posted. Well, they ran a walking trail through one end of the field, and there's plenty of warning signs, but there's still people who feel they should be able to walk across midfield, and don't believe that leash laws apply to them.

Comment

• Got some flights in on these this morning.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Two flights each on the Scout and Stinger, one flight on Air Hooterville, and maidened the Freewing 64mm A-10, almost successfully. Came in a bit high on the landing approach, and when I went to go around again, I either didn't give it enough throttle to climb out, or the battery was too low to give enough power to the twin EDFs, as she kind of floundered past the end of the runway and then dropped. I was running the smallest battery the manual lists for the plane (4S 3000 mAh), and had timer set for 2 minutes. I wasn't running full throttle through the flight, but it still might have been more than the battery could deliver. Should be repairable, but worst-case scenario is that I'll need to order a new fuselage.

What I consider progress, though, is that the A-10 was the third flight of the morning, and rather than letting it completely discourage me to the point of packing up and going home, I reminded myself that crashes happen, and that it was just too nice a morning to not fly some more (particularly since I won't be able to fly next weekend).

Comment

Working...
                                          X