X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    Alpha, my card is ready Bro...…… Whatever, bring it!!! I can put it into storage with my other 20 unopened boxes!!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving! Jerry
    Jerry........you didn't know that I have crazy view vision and your gonna like what I see.
    It has a wing with 2 motors and booms.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Well.. although I haven't been able to get out to the field... I did pick up RF9 and have been using the SIM quite a bit. I went the dongle route as to get used to feel on my own radio. It has been an eye opener for me since I can toss caution to the wind (no pun intended) and not have to worry about repairs. Lately I've just been picking a glider out of the line and flyin it in the wind off the cliffs. Really get a good feel for stick control and just spend some time in the air. Still have trouble getting back down from the cliff side. Mainly due to the fact I don't see a landing area until it's right on top of it. Still learning my way around the Sim. Really enjoying it though. So.. although I've not got my personal planes out lately.. I'm still gettin some stick time.
      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Jerry........you didn't know that I have crazy view vision and your gonna like what I see.
        It has a wing with 2 motors and booms.
        Skymaster!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

Skymaster!!!!
          An O-2 would be cool but right after the super scale but then again Alpha could really shock us all with a 2000mm C-119 Boxcar
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I have had this Icon for years and I still get it out occasionally and fly it. It really is a fun plane for some relaxing flying. My son wanted to play with his RC boat yesterday so I decided to just fly the Icon at our pond instead of going to the field so he could play with his boat too.

I always forget how much fun flying off the water is and this is the only sea plane I have. Maybe Skynetic will have something new for the water soon!

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

An O-2 would be cool but right after the super scale but then again Alpha could really shock us all with a 2000mm C-119 Boxcar
              There are plans over on Flite Test for a foamboard Skymaster. I'm seriously considering trying that out this next year.

I actually saw a real one fly overheard a couple of months back. They're not that common any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                Well.. although I haven't been able to get out to the field... I did pick up RF9 and have been using the SIM quite a bit. I went the dongle route as to get used to feel on my own radio. It has been an eye opener for me since I can toss caution to the wind (no pun intended) and not have to worry about repairs. Lately I've just been picking a glider out of the line and flyin it in the wind off the cliffs. Really get a good feel for stick control and just spend some time in the air. Still have trouble getting back down from the cliff side. Mainly due to the fact I don't see a landing area until it's right on top of it. Still learning my way around the Sim. Really enjoying it though. So.. although I've not got my personal planes out lately.. I'm still gettin some stick time.
                I find landing more difficult in the Realflight simulator than in actually flying out at the club field, primarily due to the limitations of the computer screen. When flying typical line-of-sight (rather than FPV or chase), RF doesn't allow for any view other than looking right at the aircraft, and it lacks the peripheral vision we have in real life. Add to that the lack of depth perception on the computer screen, and the result is a lot of additional complications in putting the plane down smoothly on the runway (or, in the case of cliff-soaring with the gliders, a decent stretch of grass on the summit).

Comment

• Exactly what I'm finding as well, Hoomi... I mean spot on! I found the depth perception to be an issue when tryin the obstacle course even. It's all good though, I still feel as if I'm getting somewhat of a learning curve with it. Especially on the sticks...
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

I find landing more difficult in the Realflight simulator than in actually flying out at the club field, primarily due to the limitations of the computer screen. When flying typical line-of-sight (rather than FPV or chase), RF doesn't allow for any view other than looking right at the aircraft, and it lacks the peripheral vision we have in real life. Add to that the lack of depth perception on the computer screen, and the result is a lot of additional complications in putting the plane down smoothly on the runway (or, in the case of cliff-soaring with the gliders, a decent stretch of grass on the summit).
                    Is this where you are trying to land Hoomi?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	087B583F-9073-4892-BF49-FE56FFF57AB5.jpeg
Views:	402
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	220522Click image for larger version

Name:	C4E30EE4-EF41-452E-B509-4E42A9379556.jpeg
Views:	479
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	220521

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	611AA875-FBE2-41B7-9D64-F51C1923ECC5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.8 KB ID:	220528

Comment

• 10,500’ southwest of Marana.

Comment

• That's about the right distance, but it doesn't really look like the area surrounding our field. SAGE doesn't look like much from the air, since our runway is plain dirt.

Comment

• I'm trying to pinpoint the area in your photo on Google Maps, but not finding it easily. It looks like it's backed up to a wash, and that might be the canal in the lower right. We're not close to a wash, but across the dirt road from Glover Ranch, and neighbors with a flower greenhouse complex. The building right under the Google label at bottom center is the new Bayer (started out to be a Monsanto) research greenhouse complex, at the corner of Twin Peaks Road and Sanders Road.

Comment

I'm trying to pinpoint the area in your photo on Google Maps, but not finding it easily. It looks like it's backed up to a wash, and that might be the canal in the lower right. We're not close to a wash, but across the dirt road from Glover Ranch, and neighbors with a flower greenhouse complex. The building right under the Google label at bottom center is the new Bayer (started out to be a Monsanto) research greenhouse complex, at the corner of Twin Peaks Road and Sanders Road.
                              We were just a bit west of SAGE then, guess I found someone’s ultralight runway! I know exactly where SAGE is now - we try to avoid Marana airport to the south, but I knew you were near there. We got our clearance right after the #3 ship rolled, hence the abrupt ending.
                              Right before we fly past you I captured this at Tucson International:

Comment

• Our house is just south of the glide path into DMAFB on the west side of the base. During the spring and fall, especially, the jets often take off in the evening towards the west, and it's always cool to see that plume of afterburner behind them. One of these days, I'll actually be ready with the camera to try and record a couple of those departures. :)

Comment

• Today's flight of my Freewing F/A-18C Hornet was a special one.

This flight is especially meaningful to me, the day before Thanksgiving. I have a lot to be thankful for. My wife and I were heading to celebrate our 17th anniversary to our favorite restaurant when an oncoming SUV lost control and flew high speed into our lane. We T-Boned the SUV, flipping it. Our airbags deployed and the impact was immense. By the Grace of God and Angels that were no doubt there, we were able to get out of the car, injured but alive. The car continued to roll another 100-200 feet into a 20 foot ravine. My wife suffered a broken sternum and I broke two ribs. Pain aside, we feel incredibly blessed to be alive. Luckily for me, you don't really require ribs to fly, lol! Count your blessings, tell those closest to you how much you love them and always, always wear your seat belt. Airbags and seat belts (and some Angels) saved us that day. Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you and Happy Landings!

Click image for larger version

Name:	crashlow.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	220660
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Glad you're mostly okay, and still able to launch a victory flight!

Comment

• Glad you are both ok, looks like a good car to have a crash in...what is it?
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Sorry to hear Aros. Prayers go out to you and your wife for speedy recovery.

Comment

• Done the the rib and the chest thing...wifey got the short straw there - be nice. I’m seeing many blessings this holiday, and glad you are all in one piece.

Comment

Working...
                                          X