Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks folks, definitely feel blessed. And it's not lost on me that my first flight post the accident was an "Angel".

Elbee, it was a 2011 Toyota Camry. It did its job beautifully and kept the engine compartment away from our chests. Had we been in her former car the Ford Focus, I have no doubt I wouldn't be typing today.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
      Today's flight of my Freewing F/A-18C Hornet was a special one.

This flight is especially meaningful to me, the day before Thanksgiving. I have a lot to be thankful for. My wife and I were heading to celebrate our 17th anniversary to our favorite restaurant when an oncoming SUV lost control and flew high speed into our lane. We T-Boned the SUV, flipping it. Our airbags deployed and the impact was immense. By the Grace of God and Angels that were no doubt there, we were able to get out of the car, injured but alive. The car continued to roll another 100-200 feet into a 20 foot ravine. My wife suffered a broken sternum and I broke two ribs. Pain aside, we feel incredibly blessed to be alive. Luckily for me, you don't really require ribs to fly, lol! Count your blessings, tell those closest to you how much you love them and always, always wear your seat belt. Airbags and seat belts (and some Angels) saved us that day. Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you and Happy Landings!

Click image for larger version

Name:	crashlow.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	220660

Thankful you both survived that and are around to celebrate another 17 years.
      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Oh my goodness Todd! That is awful! What a close call. Glad you both pulled through it with relatively minor injuries ... although broken ribs are certainly nothing to sneeze at!

Sorry ... couldn't resist. I have broke ribs several times and they can make for some slow and painful going for a while. Take care my friend. Best wishes to you and the Mrs both for some speedy healing.

Comment

• Reasons to be thankful indeed! Speedy recovery for you both.

Comment

• wow Aros, that was a big car wreck by the look of things, glad you and the mrs are OK - take it easy, both of you...Best Wishes for a full recovery...

Comment

• I can't joke about broken ribs. The worst I've ever done was bruise a couple, and that was bad enough.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Aros, wishing you and your wife a speedy recovery!

Comment

• Thank you all, and from my family to yours, have a wonderful day with family.
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• The old Toyota! Say what you want, but they are great vehicles!!! Blessings Bro and Happy Thanksgiving!! Jerry

Comment

• Wish Aros and Mrs. speedy recovery and happy Thanksgiving.

I also suffered a little crash of a different kind, suffered a little dented pride...

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                        Today's flight of my Freewing F/A-18C Hornet was a special one.

This flight is especially meaningful to me, the day before Thanksgiving. I have a lot to be thankful for. My wife and I were heading to celebrate our 17th anniversary to our favorite restaurant when an oncoming SUV lost control and flew high speed into our lane. We T-Boned the SUV, flipping it. Our airbags deployed and the impact was immense. By the Grace of God and Angels that were no doubt there, we were able to get out of the car, injured but alive. The car continued to roll another 100-200 feet into a 20 foot ravine. My wife suffered a broken sternum and I broke two ribs. Pain aside, we feel incredibly blessed to be alive. Luckily for me, you don't really require ribs to fly, lol! Count your blessings, tell those closest to you how much you love them and always, always wear your seat belt. Airbags and seat belts (and some Angels) saved us that day. Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you and Happy Landings!

Name:	crashlow.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	220660
                        If there is anything I can do please let me know.

AMA 1102566

Comment

• No flying for me at all this week, it's actually raining here in Ca., can't complain though, the Lord knows we need it bad for sure, so I guess it's time to get out the dirt bike...........

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and Aros a speedy recovery to you and your wife...........

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                            Wish Aros and Mrs. speedy recovery and happy Thanksgiving.

I also suffered a little crash of a different kind, suffered a little dented pride...
                            I saw prop pieces flying away, but how bad was it otherwise? It didn't look too bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

I saw prop pieces flying away, but how bad was it otherwise? It didn't look too bad.
                              Not bad at all. I got lucky. Only broken prop, spinner, a few foam scrape (from prop ricocheting off ground and wing tip scrape) and bent nose wheel tiller arm (ergo ground loop after crash).

I pride myself on flying FPV safely at all times. This was the first time I have crashed due to pilot error. I was watching the lead plane land while wanting to hold a nose high wheely for the peanut gallery. So I yanked the stick back after the main wheels touched forgetting there was decent head wind and the plane lifted again and stalled... D’oh!
                              YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                              Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Totally awesome weather today just had to go to the club field to punch some holes in the sky! Got 2 flights on my CZ Cessna and one flight on my Tigercat.

Name:	cessna 1.jpeg
Views:	460
Size:	351.0 KB
ID:	221545Click image for larger version

Name:	tcat20.jpeg
Views:	453
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	221546Click image for larger version

Name:	tire.jpeg
Views:	442
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	221547 Looks like I need some new tires for the Tcat

Comment

• flew my CZ Cessna on floats, and my E-1500 Cargo plane also on floats off the snow, after the Blizzard we had here in Rapid City SD a total of 15" in a day and a half, with winds 25 to 40 and gust over 60 mph
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	C-123 Cargo plane.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.0 KB ID:	221571Click image for larger version  Name:	blizzard1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	143.7 KB ID:	221572

Comment

• Here is one of the first video's I took with my Go Pro mounted on top of my E Flite Cessna 150 doing touch and goes in the snow in Rapid City SD

Comment

• Shooting Touch and Gos is so relaxing, especially on a big, floaty bird!

I flew the strangest thing today.. It had two and a half wings and barely over half a fuselage. 'Unsure if it will ever see the light of day, but it was a hoot while it lasted.

Some days, the best kind of flying is the "exploratory" kind.... There's little if anything left to have to bring back home!
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                        Shooting Touch and Gos is so relaxing, especially on a big, floaty bird!

I flew the strangest thing today.. It had two and a half wings and barely over half a fuselage. 'Unsure if it will ever see the light of day, but it was a hoot while it lasted.

Some days, the best kind of flying is the "exploratory" kind.... There's little if anything left to have to bring back home!
                                        I do find it very relaxing and a fun time. Especially much better than practicing with this plane. One you have to land dead stick every time.

Name:	racer.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	221777

Comment

• Wild Man Not only deadstick every landing, but you only get one shot and have to line it up from half a mile away and the "landing gear" isn't exactly on suspension struts! Glad to see a pylon racer on Squawk
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X