Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today, I drove up to Tullahoma, TN, to fly with the Coffee County Airfoilers. They hosted a float fly in the morning on the reservoir near Arnold Air Force Base. I flew my EFlite Timber and Pulse 15e (both converted to floats, obviously). Then, after lunch, I went to their regular field to fly some warbirds (Freewing FW-190, Freewing F-86, and FlightLine P-38). My home field is a full-scale private runway (grass) and I've gotten used to having lots of room for take offs and landings. The Coffee Airfoilers' paved runway is quite narrow, and I had a hard time lining up on it, usually landing in the short grass near the paved strip. New fields are always different and it takes time to develop the line-up pattern for landing. Had a great time flying with those guys and am planning to go back next week for their large-scale warbird fly-in.

Here are couple videos from today.

Timbers on floats: https://youtu.be/rfhIqhFLsCs
    Pulse 15e on floats: https://youtu.be/_dmRLLc7lrQ, (onboard camera) https://youtu.be/G4eXjuHaCN4
    P-38 Sortie with onboard camera: https://youtu.be/krSXLK8Ez-c

---
    Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Yes an Amphitheater that holds Summer/Fall concerts. I've spoken with some of the folks who work there and they are okay with me flying there as long as I know what I'm doing and they said it looks like I do, and my reply:

"Depends on the day." LOL
      ROFL - can I ever relate to that.

Jack
      Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Had a fun day at my club field today. Flew my P-38 (against a 1100mm Zero), Freewing Mossie, PZ FW-190 (maidened, a new-to-me plane), Freewing F-86, and a foamy wing (Protech Vortex, with a Power 10 motor and 7x6 prop). I absolutely love flying my Lightning and Sabre. What great models they are!!! I can't wait for my 1.6m Spitfire to come in.

---
        Warbirder

Comment

• I am planning on going to Tullahoma on Saturday for the warbird fly in. I live about 30 miles away from the club field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
            I am planning on going to Tullahoma on Saturday for the warbird fly in. I live about 30 miles away from the club field.
            I'm 1.5 hrs south, in Huntsville, AL. I am headed back up to Tullahoma this weekend, too. I have a high-power model rocket launch outside of Manchester on Saturday, and will stay the night with a friend and go to the Warbird Fly-in on Sunday.
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

• Sunday is supposed to be the best weather wise. I watched our weather report on the evening news and are calling for rain chances on Friday and some on Saturday for the warbird fly in Tullahoma Tennessee hopefully the rain will hold off for this weekend.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8399.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	87035 Day 356: well I'm in the single digits now...9 days to go.

TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Nice mate. Fingers crossed no tornados or anything for ya. ;)

ps: like the new shirts, too cool. The young fella Jared must be stoked. Good onya mate. You've got an awesome setup there, very envious lol.

Comment

• AHHHH........the single digit short timer.:Cool:
                    I know where/how that MRC banner came from;)
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Man really close now. Do you have plans for what your gonna fly on the big day?

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                        Man really close now. Do you have plans for what your gonna fly on the big day?
                        We're having a new runway dedication event that day that's open to the public and I'm doing the warbird show and demo there with my buddy Jared so I'll be taking and flying a bunch of different planes. The AMA sent me a nice plaque (dated July 22, 2017) and pin, they said they never had anyone do this so they don't have a patch.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Day 356: Maidened my new FPV platform today, a Volantex Ranger EX 757-3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170713_224738376_iOS.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	87188
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• We are all with you counting down the days TI - This is exciting for me too. YEAH!
                            Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Super cool TI!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks guys, it's been really fun and now it's just a natural thing for me to fly everyday...I flew four hours solid today and only stopped to change batteries and take a wizz ;)

The Hobby Squawk community has been very encouraging and has taught me so much, flying everyday has helped me put what I've learned here to use and has made me a better pilot.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• You know I feel blessed to call you a friend and I am proud of you and your accomplishments. Looking forward to spending time with you next Saturday as the club dedicates the new runway and you celebrate achieving your 1 year goal. :Cool: It is because of this forum that we were able to meet and I am really glad that happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                    You know I feel blessed to call you a friend and I am proud of you and your accomplishments. Looking forward to spending time with you next Saturday as the club dedicates the new runway and you celebrate achieving your 1 year goal. :Cool: It is because of this forum that we were able to meet and I am really glad that happened.
                                    Amen brother, we're family as far as I'm concerned :)
                                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• We flew a bunch of stuff today, one of our new members brought over his new FMS P-51 and a Night VisionAire and I got to fly both of them...the Night VisionAire is a must have. Then I maidened my FMS FireFly, it did great look forward to getting it out at night. Then we watched the quad guys go crazy on the course while I flew one of our guys drones, crazy good pics and videos.

The last one is an overhead of my bunker...

Name:	20170715_160917257_iOS.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	87496

Name:	20045334_283929298683042_420220737480741797_o.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	87497

Name:	MAX_0072.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	87498

Name:	MAX_0073.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	87499

Name:	MAX_0076.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	87500
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I got out early this morning and flew because we are headed out of town on a camping trip and wanted to make sure I got my daily flight in.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8409.JPG Views:	1 Size:	157.0 KB ID:	87682

This is our mascot "Spanky"

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8411.JPG Views:	1 Size:	100.3 KB ID:	87681
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Took the Thunderbolts and the Little Bird out early this morning to beat the heat. Conditions were almost dead calm, and it was too good a day to pass up flying!

Comment

Working...
                                          X