Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know I have never flown at dusk or in low light conditions. I should get another T-28 just for that! not sure I am ready to fly the T-45 in low light yet
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I don't post pics of what I flew cause we don't have anyone that takes them ever since our club historian quit flying.
      Well we just recently acquired a new member who also has a passion for being a shutterbug and he got these pics yesterday. Hope to talk him into becoming the clubs next historian.

So these are three of the twelve that will take the ride to eWeek @ Tripletree
      Click image for larger version  Name:	091217fly1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	372.9 KB ID:	96780

The guys really wanted to see the Raider perform some CAS
      Click image for larger version  Name:	091217fly4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	132.0 KB ID:	96781Click image for larger version  Name:	091217fly5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.8 KB ID:	96782Click image for larger version  Name:	091217fly7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.4 KB ID:	96783Click image for larger version  Name:	091217fly8.jpg Views:	1 Size:	147.0 KB ID:	96784Click image for larger version  Name:	091217fly2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	49.9 KB ID:	96785Click image for larger version  Name:	091217fly3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.2 KB ID:	96786Click image for larger version  Name:	091217fly6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	96787
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Looks good Charlie. Looking forward to seeing you at eWeek....leave your macerator props at home! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
          Looks good Charlie. Looking forward to seeing you at eWeek....leave your macerator props at home! LOL
          There's no fun if your not flyin in the danger zone. :P:)LOL
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Bring the Skyraider and I'll trade you the A-26 for it.
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Bring the Skyraider and I'll trade you the A-26 for it.
              TRADE :Silly: NOT :P LOLLOLLOL
              Warbird Charlie

Comment

Yeah, but I saw what you did to Ryan's P-47... :Scared:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Yeah, but I saw what you did to Ryan's P-47... :Scared:
                  Ha! I almost replaced it but I thought I'd horse around with the CZ Cessna 150 instead.

Comment

• Been thinking about that HSD Skyraider. Now that I got a NAM era A4 (and maybe a second club member convinced to get one too) I might need me a "Sandy" for weather recon.
                    OV10 how do you like the Skyraider? Do you have some video of her?

Comment

• Charlie those pics of the Skyraider are B@D@$$! Try to convince the new guy flying is overated! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                        Been thinking about that HSD Skyraider. Now that I got a NAM era A4 (and maybe a second club member convinced to get one too) I might need me a "Sandy" for weather recon.
                        OV10 how do you like the Skyraider? Do you have some video of her?
                        Seaviper............the HSD A-1 is a great flying bird but unfortunately it was discontinued in the spring after only a year and half of production after getting the molds upgraded from Starmax.
                        No vids from me cause the majority of hat cams are just specks in the blue which are BORING and no one at our club has good vid equip. Am lucky now just having a new member willing to just take some decent photos.
                        I'll spend my time flying them versus trying to record them.
                        This IS one that FlightLine needs to do ;)so that the airframe and it's spare parts will be around for awhile.
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Yesterdays flying with a couple of my German birds.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_8984.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.9 KB ID:	96912Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_8993.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.6 KB ID:	96913Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_9011.jpg Views:	1 Size:	14.4 KB ID:	96914
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_9115.jpg Views:	2 Size:	95.2 KB ID:	96922

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_9037.jpg Views:	1 Size:	147.2 KB ID:	96915Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_9041.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	96916Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_9058.jpg Views:	1 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	96917
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_9094.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.5 KB ID:	96918Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_9124.jpg Views:	1 Size:	199.2 KB ID:	96920Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_9129.jpg Views:	1 Size:	180.3 KB ID:	96921
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

• I sooo want one of these...

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                              I sooo want one of these...
                              It's a VQ.............being the typical wedge wing tip it is not tolerant to the type of flyers that like to float em around which I know your not one of them;)
                              It doesn't have the scale AIL/FLAP hinging(like a Stuka) but..........
                              That pic of me low n slow with a full flaps presentation pass was a dicey maneuver. :Whew:
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Had this trainer in the shelf which had not flown for a while. Took it today to the field to do some easy relaxed flight time.

Lets say it was not that easy relaxed after all....

I hate w a passion wings w only one aileron servo. It was my fault after all for not using a servo connector lock. It seems one of the aileron wires got tangled w the servo wire and when correcting right at take off it got disconnected.

The airplane banked left, barely scraped my suv, was able to catch enough altitude to let it downward spiral into the field and prevent from killing me on the way, lol.

I was so mad at myself for not using one of those connector locks, and I have tons of those in the toolbox, and decided take out all electronics and rip out the engine w its fuel tank, the rest dumped into the trash can. Refused at all cost to bring it back home, it was fulfilling to see it in the trash.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about that. Stuff like that has happened to all of us at one time or another.

Comment

• Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                                    Had this trainer in the shelf which had not flown for a while. Took it today to the field to do some easy relaxed flight time.

Lets say it was not that easy relaxed after all....

I hate w a passion wings w only one aileron servo. It was my fault after all for not using a servo connector lock. It seems one of the aileron wires got tangled w the servo wire and when correcting right at take off it got disconnected.

The airplane banked left, barely scraped my suv, was able to catch enough altitude to let it downward spiral into the field and prevent from killing me on the way, lol.

I was so mad at myself for not using one of those connector locks, and I have tons of those in the toolbox, and decided take out all electronics and rip out the engine w its fuel tank, the rest dumped into the trash can. Refused at all cost to bring it back home, it was fulfilling to see it in the trash.
                                    I get really get mad at myself when I do stupid sh*t too. I've lost count but I think i am somewhere near stupid mistake 759. (That's just this year.) What I try to do is not repeat them though so I count that as progress.
                                    Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Day:421
                                      After a full day of aviation I got the big Carbon Z Cub out for a nice relaxing evening flight…

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8733.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	97126
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Awesome shot!

The airplane looks very sharp and realistic.

** thanks for the kind words. Took a deep breath, and clocked multiple flights on windy conditions. Flew a flat symmetrical high wing w a .52 (bolted wing, no rubber bands) tail dragger,, plenty of power and good speed at wot w the wind.

Comment

Yesterdays flying with a couple of my German birds.

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_8984.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.9 KB ID:	96912Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_8993.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.6 KB ID:	96913Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_9011.jpg Views:	1 Size:	14.4 KB ID:	96914
                                          Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_9115.jpg Views:	2 Size:	95.2 KB ID:	96922

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_9037.jpg Views:	1 Size:	147.2 KB ID:	96915Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_9041.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	96916Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_9058.jpg Views:	1 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	96917
                                          Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_9094.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.5 KB ID:	96918Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_9124.jpg Views:	1 Size:	199.2 KB ID:	96920Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_9129.jpg Views:	1 Size:	180.3 KB ID:	96921
                                          Wow, don't know what I'm more shocked at, the JU152 or the fact that CB actually owns a pair of long pants!!:wacky
                                          Di wnats to know if Jude dressed you!!

Just kidding!!!!
                                          Great plane and superb pics my friend!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X