X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
    Day 429: I was so busy packing planes in the camper and getting ready for eWeek I forgot all about flying today...I guess it was because I was fooling with planes, charging batteries and such. I came inside took a shower and was getting ready for some "Walking Dead" when I checked this thread and thought "What did I fly today?" that's when it hit be...I almost panicked:Scared:so I ran out to the hangar and grabbed the Carbon Z T-28 and rang it out really good...crisis averted:Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170924_224738288_iOS.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	98252
    I was wondering if that might ever happen to you.

Comment

• I got to fly this today.

Name:	20170924_192817.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	98256

Name:	20170924_192616.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	98257

I was scrambling to try to get in one flight before it got too dark. It flew really well.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        I got to fly this today.

Name:	20170924_192817.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	98256

Name:	20170924_192616.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	98257

I was scrambling to try to get in one flight before it got too dark. It flew really well.
        Dang did you stay up all night last night?
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I was wondering if that might ever happen to you.
          First time ever...freaked me out:Silly:
          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Dang did you stay up all night last night?
            Ha! No...just until 2:00... LOL

Comment

• Dang TI almost let us down. At least your honest.
              Dewey l

Comment

First time ever...freaked me out:Silly:
                A little close there TI! Glad you noticed, can't break that kind of streak!

Comment

• Day 430:

Got down the neglected FW-190 and blew the dust out of it...

Name:	20170925_214516139_iOS.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	367.7 KB
ID:	98372

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Tundra, my first electric.

Very windy, but flew it anyway. With the 4400mah 3S 60-130 moved very well. I think the extra weight helped keep it leveled.

This airplane builds a lot of confidence, flying inverted, hammerheads, knife edge reasonably easy to do even for someone who does not have a lot of flying time.

No needs to use the flaps when landing, certainly approach the deck w speed, and once close to the ground kill the power...

Comment

• Nice crankenstein..I like the tundra tires on that thing.
                      I just got myself a Flyzone Beaver for just that kind of flying! Something different from the jets. I am looking forward to my very first float flying.
                      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Today I maidened my Tech One 35 inch Thunder 180. I got it so I could practice stunts, learn 3d, and learn to be more confident when upside down. I've had some expensive problems with that last one. What a great little plane. I prefer to fly it with the gear off. I'm flying at a grass field at the south end of the RoseBowl. I went first thing before work and went at lunch. What a great performer. Still a bit odd with the o-ring prob hold down but it works. the stunts are fantastic. I haven't felt this confident with a plane since... yea, not going to fill that in. I can't wait to get back to it. I like that even inverted pushing down into a vertical is a great recovery when I get screwed up. Later everyone. Have fun flying.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	123.4 KB ID:	98531Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	130.3 KB ID:	98530
                          I flew the maiden flight of our scratch built 1/8 scale EB-66C Destroyer at El Dorado Dry Lake, NV this morning. We were honored to have Lt. Col. Robert Stamm (WB-66 Pilot) join us from Oregon to witness the maiden. A very special day!

Comment

• Wow! You don't see those everywhere. Looks really good Tony. How did it fly?

Comment

• That is awesome Tony! Quite the incredible looking bird. How was the flight?

Comment

• Nice
                                Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Nice job Tony - looks great.
                                  Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Here's the video of the flight.

Pat

Comment

• Nice job!
                                      Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• No inverted flying, or loops...!

jk, nice job, little rough on take off and landing, for a maiden its back in one piece.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	144.5 KB ID:	98676Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	146.1 KB ID:	98677Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	149.8 KB ID:	98678
                                          The EB-66 was extremely nose heavy but flew great! She will be flying again.

I maidened Wade Joos' stunning OV-10 Bronco today. It was tail heavy but managed to get it back safe.

Comment

Working...
                                          X