First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'day gang,
    In the Dynam Cirrus SR22 manual......
    'Put bubble gum on the wing, James.'
    I think they meant to glue the wings [at least I did] but my name is not James. I searched my club for a 'James' so he could do the job for me, as per the instructions but the instructions did not name a brand of bubble gum.:Confused:
    Since I could find neither, I took a chance and glued them myself.:Whew:
    Half the fun is checking out the manuals.:)
    Regards and respect
    Daryl

Comment

Chinese English is always good for a laugh.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

I like the manuals that say the CG is --mm in front of the leading edge. Doc

Comment

I'm going to find out what is up with the manuals, but if you want a full blown example of hilarious chinglish, read the intro of the LA-7.
          Took me hours to research who they were talking about only to realize the person didn't exist!!
          That particular intro was a two day project in itself.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
            I like the manuals that say the CG is --mm in front of the leading edge. Doc
            And you can not quite get it there, Doc?:)
            Regards and respect
            Daryl

Comment

Originally posted by wrongroad View Post

And you can not quite get it there, Doc?:)
              Regards and respect
              Daryl
              He has one of those very special, limited edition "air balancers" - precise down to 0.5 mm of nothingness.

Comment

Only problem...It makes my planes a tiny bit tail heavy.:Confused:Doc

Comment

But nothing you can not handle, Doc?;)

Regards and respect
                  Daryl

Comment

Have a Mandarin speaker here in-house and willing to do it for a consideration. Has anyone noticed the typos on the decals?

Comment

Good news guys, the manuals I rewrote are now posted, thanks to Alpha and Aros!
                      There will be more in the future as well !!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

Which ones are updated? I'll go download the ones for planes I own.

Comment

I did all the FlightLine R/C manuals with the exception of the new Spitfire of course. The Freewing P-51 and the F14 Tomcat, the Pandora just off the top of my head.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            I did all the FlightLine R/C manuals with the exception of the new Spitfire of course. The Freewing P-51 and the F14 Tomcat, the Pandora just off the top of my head.

Grossman56
                            Well Done Grossman and MotionRC. I just went through the FL Tigercat Manuel. It looks great. :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by wrongroad View Post
                              G'day gang,
                              In the Dynam Cirrus SR22 manual......
                              'Put bubble gum on the wing, James.'
                              I think they meant to glue the wings [at least I did] but my name is not James. I searched my club for a 'James' so he could do the job for me, as per the instructions but the instructions did not name a brand of bubble gum.:Confused:
                              Since I could find neither, I took a chance and glued them myself.:Whew:
                              Half the fun is checking out the manuals.:)
                              Regards and respect
                              Daryl
                              I really like the idea of putting bubble gum on the wings. And it works amazingly well!! :Cool: I actually hooked up two big juicy wads (one on each wing tip) of Bazooka Bubble Gum (BBG) to the pitot tube on my Corsair and then ran a separate air hose from the pitot tube over to the 8 oz tank of helium that I located within the fuselage. So now....., as I fly around....., the bubble gum inflates into two very nice size bubbles, as the air pressure from the pitot tube forces the helium out of the tank and into the bubble gum and then the plane ends up just "floating in for a landing" at the end of the flight. Flaps for landing are now not needed at all!!

Note:Please be sure to remove your bubble gum after each flight and replace it with a new wad. Otherwise, the bugs and flies will have a field day with your "used" bubble gum as it sits out in the sun while it is still installed on your wing tips. Also, make sure to bring along a plastic sandwich bag to place that "old" bubble gum in to take home, so that you can place that gum on your bedpost overnight so it does not loose its flavor!!

Thank you.

Jim :corsair

Comment

G'day Jim,
                                If tin whistles are made out of tin, what do they make fog horns out of?

I wonder how many of the younger guys will know that one?

Our local radio station played the old song back to back for seven times...each version was slightly different.

Regards and respect
                                Daryl

Comment

And G'day to you Daryl!

I liked your thoughts about tin whistles and fog horns. I believe that a sense of humor certainly helps all of us get through some of the troubling times that take place in the world today!!

I see that you are in Australia. Have you ever heard of a man named Allen Bond?

Anyway, please do take good care and regards and respect to to you also!!

Jim

Comment

G'day Jim,
                                    Allen Bond? HHMMMM, did he not 'steal' the Americas Cup?
                                    It was a good time here in Australia but the Cup went all the way over to the west coast and the city of Perth. I think it is fact that Perth is the most isolated capital city in the world. It is a long way from anywhere else.
                                    The one thing I like about computers and forums, we can share good times all around the world in a few seconds. But the dark side can use it just as effectively.
                                    I am also blessed to be a late in life first time father and my little boy, Johnathan is now nineteen months old and loves coming to the field with daddy. He watches my flights and even claps the good landings. How he knows that it is good landing is beyond me but I take it!
                                    He already knows which planes are the 'stang' and "tro" so he is well on his way to getting the controls in his hands.
                                    I am about to order the Tony Nijhuis 134" Lancaster [as soon as my tax refund comes in, yes, the tax man was kind to me this year!] so, I will be back into building models after a thirty year hiatus. I love flying the foamies but flying something that is put together by your own hands is kinda exciting and nerve wracking in the same moment in time.
                                    It is great to live where we enjoy year round flying in usually very good conditions. Out of the 104 official club days last year, I think we lost six days due to the weather but having a seven day a week field soon makes up for any lost days.
                                    If you want to have a look at our field
                                    Grafton Model Aircraft Club Radio Control NSW Australia MAAA

Be safe my friend
                                    Regards and respect
                                    Daryl

Comment

Hi Daryl.

That is nice to hear back from you. Thanks for doing so.
                                      Yeah, Allen Bond "won" the America's Cup!! He also came over here and did a "leveraged buy out" of the company that I worked for. Ultimately, our company went bankrupt. Anyway, life went on and I found a whole new path in life and I am O K!!
                                      Wow Daryl, your club field looks amazing!!!!! It looks like it is a wonderful place an very well organized. Thank you for sending that link along! Maybe I should move to Australia!!!!!
                                      And I share your thoughts about these computers. They are good and great and wonderful - sometimes......, in the right hands..............., and yet some people use them for terrible things. It is way too bad that if they have the "intelligence" to do evil with them, that they do not see the light....., to do good with them instead!!
                                      And I like how your little boy is taking to R C flying. That brings back wonderful memories. I also taught my son how to fly R C. I built him a Sig Kadet Mark II to learn with. It was so much fun to see him progress through the learning curve. Those are memories that have not faded.
                                      I too enjoy building the balsa and lite ply models, but I have all foamies now - except for my sons Kadet, which is still here. I may convert it to electric some day, but in the mean time, I am "replicating" it out of foam board. It is turning into an interesting project. I still have the original plans to "build" by and I am cutting out the whole "outline" out of foam. Not quite sure as to what electric motor and battery and ESC I will use yet, but I will figure that out closer to when the plane is done and I know what the weight and ground clearance will be.
                                      Oh, I live in Minnesota, which is a state in the northern part of the U. S. It gets very cold and snowy here in the winter time. A lot of people in R C build planes over the winter months and then bring them out once the snow is gone and the weather warms up some. In my younger days, I would fly in the winter and would put skis on the plane instead of wheels and take off an land in the snow. It was fun, but could be very cold on the fingers!!!!!
                                      Well Daryl, I am now heading off to the annual EAA Experimantal Aviation Association Convention here in the U.S. It is truly amazing as people come literally from all over the world. As a matter of fact, more than several years ago, a contingent of people from Australia came over on a 747. They had a very good time and enjoyed 'partying' also.....!!
                                      I will be gone for about a week and I will not have access to e-mail, but I do hope that we can and will stay in touch. You seem like a good guy and I enjoyed learning more about you, your son and also your flying field too.
                                      Thank you so very much Daryl, and be safe too my friend!!!!!
                                      Regards and respect too.
                                      Jim

Comment

Just waiting for the guys to formulate a list of priority for the next round of manuals, in the meantime, the info on the Spitfire which corrects the manual is very helpful. Things like this are great when I don't own said plane, so thanks for posting.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

In addition to ARF model manuals from Asia and the Phillipines, I wish that Hitec and other major RC Systems suppliers would improve the level of detail in transmitter manuals and receiver and speed control and battery charger instruction sheets. Many try to be "concise" but wind up being vague with a lot of cross-referencing. Hitec manuals seem "biased" toward high performance sailplane and helicopter setups an mixes. I'm still not sure how I set up 3-position, trim-able, slowed action,flaps on my Tritle Stinson Reliant

Comment

Working...
                                          X