X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official "I Hate This Weather!" Thread

Here in the Pacific Northwest we have had an unusually cold winter. I live near the foothills of the Cascade Mountains which means I get to deal with high winds a lot. This past week we had a foot of snow dump on us as well, and now it's pouring down rain. Trying to find weather windows to fly in is extremely few and far between. If it's not raining, it's windy. If it's not rainy and/or windy it's freezing. So between the freezing cold, snow, high winds and rain...

I HATE THIS WEATHER! :Angry:

I just want to fly! :f16
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

How un nice then again your in washington the home of the rain clouds. Hay I remember that commercial with russell wilson and a 49 ers player and I think willson said NO it does not always rain here as its raining. But here in Upstate NY is no better its been 2 weeks since I have flown last. before that was 2 months ago. I have a TA-152 that says fly me now! Hope the weather clears up for the both of us!

Comment

Here in Nw Indiana I think we've had the mildest winter I can ever remember

Comment

Great, can I come over and fly then? ;):P
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Yeah...c'mon....I don't live that far from pilot Ryan

Comment

Hey don't threaten me with a good time! Sounds like a party! :)
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

We've had wind (40MPH), rain (floods), and even snow here in the high desert of Southern California too. Although it is OK today and it would be a great day for flying.

Martin.

Comment

Yep, weather here in upstate NY this time of year SUX as Brad also sorta indicated. Am sure that Twowingtj and Prowler would chime in the same about this Upstate and then you'd have a quadraphonic cacophony of winter weather haters. LOL
                Six inches of snow happened this morning in the Southern Tier and then this Sun it is supposed to be an inch of rain and we have a Winter Fun Fly planned for that day. :Angry:
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hi OV10 great to hear from you I wish all the best for your meet this sunday! Stay away rain and snow give us just one day that's all I ask 1 day!

Comment

Yep, what brad and Warbird Charlie said. You shouldn't have to shovel the weather! And the wind is blowing! And it's Cold!

Comment

Well being near the Windy City doesn't help even if that moniker is more of a political statement. The wind does blow here way too hard way too many times.

Comment

Great weather today, 24 degrees, 20 mph wind with 35 mph gusts, flew my Parkzone Wildcat and it was truly wild.

Day 202
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

We've had a pretty mild winter in Iowa this year however on the days where the temp gets into the 40 we have fog and crappy visibility. Our field is soft like a swap so we can;t fly off of it right now.

Iowa is so bipolar that two days ago the temps were in 10's and 2" of snow fell. Today we are going to be in the 50's with 40' for the next 8 days.

Fog and wind are also in the forecast.

I have five planes that I've bought since November that I need to maiden. Flex Cessna 170, Freewing AT-6, Freewing Mosquito, FLRC Tigercat and FLRC TA-152.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Freewing F-14D and when the A-10 preorders open I'll be on that. I have a serious addiction.

Comment

Temps near 90 today in the Texas Panhandle with winds sw 30to40 mph. Predicting highs in the 30's and snow by Sunday through Monday with winds ne 20to30 mph. Riding the roller coaster this time of year the only constant is the high winds it just changes direction every couple of days.

Comment

Mostly the same here for me, although no snow in the forecast yet! Biggest issue for me is that it is suddenly peak allergy season. Just having moved from MN, I did not see that one coming in Feb! So even if the weather does cooperate, the pilot might not be fully operational for a while :Silly:.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                Yep, weather here in upstate NY this time of year SUX as Brad also sorta indicated. Am sure that Twowingtj and Prowler would chime in the same about this Upstate and then you'd have a quadraphonic cacophony of winter weather haters. LOL
                                Six inches of snow happened this morning in the Southern Tier and then this Sun it is supposed to be an inch of rain and we have a Winter Fun Fly planned for that day. :Angry:
                                Well it's Sun and the event was postponed. The projection was wrong too(go figure) whereas it was a wintry mix of sleet and snowflakes the size of teacup saucer plates. :wacky
                                The good about the bad just means more shop time with mods and builds. ;)
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Well well well, temps here will be in the 40's all week and the 60's this weekend. I may get to fly in a week! Yay!

Comment

Got the t28 set to fly. Charged up a couple of 5000mah packs. Loaded it up. Took it to flying spot......20-30mph gust....put plane back in truck and came home. Not gonna happen
                                    AMA 1102566

Comment

We're finally getting rid of the white s**t!! the roads are clearing and the weather for the last few days has been warm-ish,

Hopefully, the dirt road to the field will be getting dryer as well so we can actually get to it!! See what next week brings!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

There are some really great youtube documentaries for these cold, windy days. Just watched one on the P-38. Did not know it was so important in the Pacific. The Corsair. It was actually a total disaster, at first, on carriers. They had to fly them off of island runways. Then the Brits figured out how to land them on carriers, and away they went. The F-22...holy cow! I want one! Doc

Comment

Working...
                                        X