X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    Going out to the field in a few minutes. It's a chilly 45° right now, but the sun has not come up yet. Supposed to get to 80° today. Whatever shall I do? :)
    Hey Crx your busting my frozen ba$$$:bluehappyLOL:)

Comment

70 Deg. an wind at about 1 mph here in sunny Calif.!.....:)

Comment

I hear ya cold weather guys. I snuck out today for a few heli flights but gotta say 15 degrees sucks! #bringbackspring

Comment

G'day gang,
          it was 40.6* C in my shed at work at eleven AM yesterday and topped out at 41.5. It was still 37* at eight PM last night.
          Today, it only reached 39.8*C but was helped by 89% humidity.
          Last Tuesday I managed to get two flights in with a temp of around 39* before a thunderstorm chased us home around ten AM.
          I say, roll on winter. Mind you, our winter days are usually around the 19/20*C mark but we can get the minus one or two overnight. For us that is as cold as it gets.
          Regards and respect
          Daryl

Comment

Wrongroad............It's always interesting to be reminded by non US participants on this forum how far behind the international standard the US is regarding the Celsius and Metric scale.
            In the case of your posting I had to look up what 41.5C was and oh my.........106.7F...........that is just freakin stupid hot :Sick2:;)

Interesting fact:
            The US is one of 5 countries that still uses Farenheit and it is one of 3 countries that doesn't use the metric scale.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Then there's us who were the generation that they converted with in Canada. Ask me if I'm a little screwed up because of itLOL
              Then throw in the fact that there was an Imperial gallon and a US gallon and a liter was almost a quart:Silly:

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Well winter showed up again here in Northern CA. we were blessed a couple of weeks ago 80+ and great flying now the nights are freezing the days are sunny but that Damn cold NW wind blows right through! Ya right now I hate the weather.:blueangry Goose

Comment

April 2 2018. Central Ohio. This will be gone in an hour!

Comment

It was 95° here in Phoenix yesterday. Headed to Chicago for work today. High is supposed to be 40°.
                    Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                      April 2 2018. Central Ohio. This will be gone in an hour!
                      Same look only 350 miles east of ya but it's been 3 hrs and it's still here. :Loser:
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

We’re supposed to hit 50 today, and ours is slow to melt as well! Update:

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Same look only 350 miles east of ya but it's been 3 hrs and it's still here. :Loser:
                          If it was nice out, we would want to be flying instead of working on the big projects in the shop. So get back in there and get to workLOL. Spring will be here some day:Silly:.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

If it was nice out, we would want to be flying instead of working on the big projects in the shop. So get back in there and get to workLOL. Spring will be here some day:Silly:.
                            Hard to get motivated when I'm waiting on parts for all 3 big projects and it's still too :Cold: for spring cleanup............I'm feelin a power nap :Sleeping:
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

Back to 27 and snowing in Northern Wi
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

Well, we had Spring yesterday, got the Spitfire up and was looking forward to some after work flights this week............
                                Then it snowed......
                                and snowed.....
                                and it's still snowing..........
                                over a foot:Cold:.
                                WTF!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

The weather still sucks in Chicago in the 30's and their calling for rain and snow this week.:saywha

Comment

Originally posted by cbaker65 View Post
                                    70 Deg. an wind at about 1 mph here in sunny Calif.!.....:)
                                    Yep, 1 -1/2 hrs north of you and it's been nothing but great weather, little rain here and there and with this new day light savings time, I get home in time to grab a few flights in as well, of course I have a runway right across the street in front of my house, so I just charge, fly, charge, fly, charge again and last flight at dusk...............!!!!!
                                    So glad I hate the snow.................:)

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                      Well, we had Spring yesterday, got the Spitfire up and was looking forward to some after work flights this week............
                                      Then it snowed......
                                      and snowed.....
                                      WTF!

Grossman56
                                      AND YOU CAN KEEP THAT WTF right where it is Gman :P
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                        Then it snowed......
                                        and snowed.....
                                        WTF!

Grossman56
                                        Grossman you need to come to Northern CA. Now 76 to mid 80s killer flying weather we could get our spits up most everyday since last Thursday. No snow here GOOSE LOL;):spitfire:spitfire:bluecool:bluetongue

Comment

I keep looking at the pics of Arizona as well, shorts!!:Angry:
                                          There otta be a law:Nerd:

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X