X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front retract replacment

I had a chance a few weeks back at a Dynam Meteor at a very good price , brand new in the box , so I grabbed it . Today it is 68 here with 3 mph wind So I picked up the Meteor and away I go . Now I have went thru everything prior to take off and all is good . This is a fun flyer for the money . All is great till I am ready to land . I always do a fly by to verify the gear is down before setting down and the nose gear will not come out . Tried a couple of times but no luck . Pulled the wing gear back up and belly landed . My question is does anyone know what gear will almost drop in for a replacement in the nose ?

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Hi Bryan, I'm not aware of a straight drop in replacement for the Dynan Meteor's nose retract. Have you tried opening it and cleaning out any debris? I've also found that adjusting the tightness of the sidewall fit, especially the screw that is located closest to where the motor gears are, can help alleviate pinching which might contribute to the retract not cycling properly. I hope this helps!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks Alpha , I haven't done anything yet . I have a nose gear from a Turbo Jet that is the same part # and am considering swapping out . Was hoping to not have to open the housing but will have to change out the different size struts . Anyone who has never tried this plane needs to give it a try . For the price its a faster EDF than I thought it would be .

Alpha I remember you going and doing some work with them "fine tuning" on a few things , any clue on when the better updated retracts will hit the market ? I am sure they had a good bit of stock to go thru first ...

Bryan
      But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Working...
      X