X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good The Bad and the Ugly

Has this ever happened to you...today I was bringing my HSD Furious 200 in for a landing - one of those perfect transition from flight to ground landings that gives you that great feeling - anyway whacked a small ice bump during the final few feet of the landing and snapped the prop (no big deal - easy fix) - then on a second flight - I stalled just prior to touchdown and ended up with a clumsy and ungracious landing which resulted in zero damage - even still - I enjoyed the heck out of that first return - and hated the second - so - it occurred to me how important it is to us to fly and land with skill - even if damage results vs. a less desirable landing with no damage...funny how this sport plays with your mind...love it

In my mind, any landing that results in no damage is a good landing. How it plays on mind is but only one aspect. The main thing is how it plays with my pocketbook.

Comment

I've found some of my best landings by far are when I have no witnesses so I guess you just have to trust me. LOL

It's incredibly easy to become complacent in this hobby. Just because I've had hundreds of greasers, 2 pointers, 3 pointers, jets, warbirds, large and small...Doesn't mean I can't and don't douche up landings on occasion. It's maddening but it's also Dumb Thumbs for me. If I lose focus, even for a second, it could be the difference between a "greaser" and going home with a grin on my face, or a "dumpster fire" that can ruin my day. I'm still trying to tame my HSD 105mm F-16 and out of 6 flights so far, I've only had what I would consider two decent landings. Size and weight of that bird still intimidates me so it's easy to get in my own head.

It's one of the things I love about the hobby, it's always challenging you to be at your best.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

The other thing that gets me is you can fly all month long no issues then that one day happens. No matter what you touch just goes bad right to taking the plane out of the trunk (SNAP) their goes a broken part. Some times you do not even have to touch the thing just look at it an a part drops off those days for me is watch others fly and set and relax .

Comment

I hear you there, Black Saturday, see 'Airplane Triage'

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

I usually take 8-10 planes out to the field on any given Saturday or Sunday, and I have a very strict rule. If you break one, okay, break two, it's time to pack up for the day!!!

Some days it just seems like all is right with the RC world, and others, like everything is out to get you. Mother Nature is growling, gravity has doubled in intensity, and the grass is very sticky. But a bad day flying is better than a good day working!!!!

Happy Landings guys!!

Comment

Working...
            X