You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you take to the field with you ? Tool box or fishing tackle box ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I currently use a two-piece Stanley tool box. At first, I really liked it because I could put my Tx (inside a soft case) and batteries in the bottom compartment. Now, both compartments have become too cluttered, and I have trouble finding stuff. So, I'm going to switch to a 3-drawer tool box, similar to what others have shown. Have been meaning to get to our Harbor Freight for a couple weeks,but just haven't gotten a round to it yet.
    Attached Files
    ---
    Warbirder

Comment

It may not be possible to get all your spare parts, wires, tools etc into one tool box. I decided to use a large Stanley Tool box similar to what "jobinseattle" shows for my tools only and a fishing tackle box for nuts, bolts, screws, some velcro, nose nuts, and things like that. The two boxes fit nicely on the back seat floor of my p u . I also have grouped my tools into categories and use "pencil box" style containers. they arrange well in the large tool box and things like a solder iron, Black n Decker drill/driver and things like that in the tray. Keep looking around till you find what's right for you.

Comment

Ahhh, Flight boxes. over the years I've tried several different flight boxes. See the pictures below for what I have. I always have my TX's in a box of some sort. What ever you have never seems to be quite the perfect box. To big, to small. They do last a long time though. The wooden box on the right is around 17 years old, the one next to it is over 40 years old and the Craftsman box on the right is 3 or 4 years old. But they all work OK for me.

Martin.

P.S One more vital piece of equipment is the plane, don't for get that. !

Comment

Oxotnik I had the same stanley box until recently. I switched to some low profile boxes that i can fit into Jeep better.
          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Originally posted by seaviper View Post
            Oxotnik I had the same stanley box until recently. I switched to some low profile boxes that i can fit into Jeep better.
            I like that there's a lot of capacity in the box, and that it breaks in two for transport. My complaint is that there's no order to the stuff in my box, and I often have to pull out half the contents to find the small tool that I need. I think I'll get a 3-drawer tool box and, maybe, also keep the upper part of my current range box for the bigger items (Tx, charger, etc).
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

Working...
            X