You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freewing vs FMS . Where is the ingenuity ?????

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing vs FMS . Where is the ingenuity ?????

Anyone else notice that since Horizon Hobby started carrying the FMS line it has been copy after copy of FW planes by FMS ? It almost seems that as soon as FW and Motion launch a product , there is FMS releasing the same plane with screws in a different location . Not sure if horizon is spearheading this or FMS directly . But if it is Horizon , it's a tactic used to steal the nice niche market that motion RC has created .

This topic has already been well-discussed on this thread:

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      This topic has already been well-discussed on this thread:

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/mo...-manufacturers
      Thanks Pat ...

Comment

Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post
        Anyone else notice that since Horizon Hobby started carrying the FMS line it has been copy after copy of FW planes by FMS ? It almost seems that as soon as FW and Motion launch a product , there is FMS releasing the same plane with screws in a different location . Not sure if horizon is spearheading this or FMS directly . But if it is Horizon , it's a tactic used to steal the nice niche market that motion RC has created .
        Dude you are right on the money and I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking along the same lines. It's pretty low on the totem pole when you are the only American company around, doing awfully well monetarily, and you resort to simply purchasing/stealing competitors entire R&D platform. What bothers me is that no one seems to be talking about it honestly. The drastic effects it could have on this market are undeniable. I'm a Spektrum guy but once I got my feet wet in this hobby the abysmal stench of corporate Horizon Hobby was easily picked up.

Comment

Working...
        X