Click image for larger version

Name:	20170312_095050.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	66738Click image for larger version

Name:	20170312_095000.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	66736 I just finally was able to afford to upgrade from my Dx6 to a Dx9. I have always kept my Dx6 in a case and it is in like new condition. I also have the tactic 850. Cases are really expensive for these things and so thats why ive just been putting the 850 back in its box when not in use. Well yesterday i was over at harbor freight picking up a new chainsaw chain sharpener and I ran across a really nice Voyager 18×6×13 aluminum cases. Not only are they nice the price is only 24.95. It comes complete with foam inside both top and bottom with a divided pouch behind the top foam for small tools or storage. This foam is the same that came in my more expensive spectrum case. One of the great features of this case is you dont have to cut the foam to fit your tx. It is perforated in 3/8 inch lines vertically and horizontally so that you can remove foam necessary to fit your tx perfectly. I didn't know that when i bouught it but discovered it when i started trying to make my first cut. The strips rip out very neatly and hold very well where you want them to stay. Also if you have need for dividers you also get them and a shoulder strap. Well if your budget is tight like mine and you want a deal this is a good one. Ive not found anything out there so far with this quality at 24.95. The iteam number for anyone interested is 69318 at Harbor Freight.
    Attached Files
    Dewey l

Great find Dewey, like all of us who are on the lower end of the food chain, deals like this make life easier, thanks for the tip, writing ti down right now.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

I use two of the exact same cases. One is set up as a dual transmitter case and the other is set-up for my chargers and field tools. I'll try to post pics later.

Comment

Thats a great idea on the field chargers. It had never passed my mind. I have to pick up amother for the tactic 850 and was thinking of getting one for batteries but instead us it for the field chargers. Thanks twowingtj. By the way i love your avitar. Some people are dog lovers and some cat lovers. I got an old cat (21years old). Lean and freskie not fat,and lazy.
        Dewey l

Comment

I love Harbor freight! I use those same cases. Good looking and solid.:Cool:Doc

Comment

Here is how my two cases are set up.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	67176 Yep, this is some of my setup as well.

Comment

Wow!...2 transmiters per case!!!! Cool idea!:Cool:Doc

Comment

That looks great. I started to stick the dx6 and dx9 in one case but was worried about not having enough side padding. Worried about impact. Hows yours doing with both like that beeg. I just noticed that your useing the dividers and not the foam.

Dewey l

Comment

Sorry took a close up look and noticed your useing the foam and divider. Great idea.
                    Dewey l

Comment

I use a DX6i for my micros and a DX6 for bigger planes. I could make room for another plane with your idea!;)Doc

Comment

Great ideas. Thanks for sharing. Agree Harbor Freight has an array of stock and love shopping there.
                        Jimmy

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)

Death is the number one killer in the world.

Comment

Great find ! I paid 54.00 for my hobbico double transmitter case. It has the perf foam also, but I wish I would have known about the HF ones. I could have had two for what I paid.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter genie View Post
                            Great find ! I paid 54.00 for my hobbico double transmitter case. It has the perf foam also, but I wish I would have known about the HF ones. I could have had two for what I paid.
                            Yeah, when I first seen your posting Harbor Freight was gonna be my first guess or suggestion to tell you.
                            Still Learning:D

Comment

Working...
                            X