• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On A Wing And A Prayer

One of my all-time favorites... LOL

On A Wing And A Prayer

By Rick Reilly

Now this message for America's most famous athletes: Someday you may be invited to fly in the backseat of one of your country's most powerful fighter jets. Many of you already have—John Elway, John Stockton, Tiger Woods to name a few. If you get this opportunity, let me urge you, with the greatest sincerity...

Move to Guam. Change your name. Fake your own death. Whatever you do, do not go. I know. The U.S. Navy invited me to try it. I was thrilled. I was pumped. I was toast!

I should've known when they told me my pilot would be Chip (Biff) King of Fighter Squadron 213 at Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia Beach. Whatever you're thinking a Top Gun named Chip (Biff) King looks like, triple it. He's about six-foot, tan, ice-blue eyes, wavy surfer hair, finger-crippling handshake—the kind of man who wrestles dyspeptic alligators in his leisure time. If you see this man, run the other way. Fast.

(Read the rest here...)

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Great story. Enjoyed that

the pic on the link is a raaf bird :)

Comment

Sounds a lot like this! https://www.facebook.com/billengvall...PAGES_TIMELINE

Comment

Oh yeah,

VF-132 Pukin Dogs Go Navy!
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Priceless, thanks for sharing

Comment

One word..........funny!

Comment

Working...
            X