You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you dislike about building and flying models, and what do you like most.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Dang George, you're on my bucket list, if only so I can get one of those too cool Tee shirts!!

Grossman56
    +1. Someday I have to make the long road trip out there!

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

+1. Someday I have to make the long road trip out there!
      We'd rather see you and Sky Wolf make the trip to NEFI 2018 first. ;)............so start making plans for it. :Cool:
      I've done the road trip to NEFI 2x (600mi one way) and eWEEK ( 800 mi one way) with a side trip to George's TIA on my way back home :)
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

The thing I hate the most about building and flying is when I make stupid mistakes that cost me a plane. I am a tinkerer and problem solver and love the challenges of trying to make things work like gear doors on A-4's or powder canon's in A-10's so for as meticulous as I may seem there are times when I get in a hurry and disaster often strikes. The things I love the most are the get togethers with George and friends at TIA and other events like Charlie mentioned. TIA, NEFI and eWeek were highlights of 2017 for me as I love connecting personally with the good folks here on the Squawk. Makes the hobby feel more like family. I am blessed to live close enough to George's to make the trip up frequently. Planning to be there Saturday actually. I have really enjoyed meeting, flying and just hanging with people like Charlie, Dan, Captain Mike and Pilot Ryan, Bootswhirlygig, Michael Lovero, Kelly Leggette, Carlos and I know I am missing some. I hope to meet more of you all in 2018 so dahawk, Sky Wolf, F106DD and any others, NEFI, the Nall and eWeek at Triple Tree, any of the many TIA events. Let's get together and fly. Dahawk, do you have a date set for the next big Grapevine event yet?

Comment

I hear you CB, it's something like 2600 miles round trip to Nefi for us, I believe. Four days of driving (one way) for sure.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            I hear you CB, it's something like 2600 miles round trip to Nefi for us, I believe. Four days of driving (one way) for sure.

Grossman56
            I'd make that 1300 mi from Wy to Muncie in 2 days :PLOL
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I made a drive from here to Oregon in 33 hours. Lol lots of red bull

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I'd make that 1300 mi from Wy to Muncie in 2 days :PLOL
                I did it on two days the first time heading back, hit a horrible rain storm in the middle of the night that scared the heck out of both of us. Didn't have the mobile hangar behind me that time.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Well I have accidentally found out that I love to paint airplanes. I don't like to disassemble new birds though because I usually break something in the process. I wish they sold these things in kit form for us builders.

But I do enjoy working with foam. I fly mostly jets (soon a new warbird too). Back in the day it took me 3 months to build and paint a model. It also took a ton of money for the electronics, gear, engines, mufflers, etc. This new technology is incredible today.
                  We really are living in the golden age of EDF and electrics in general. It's a fun hobby. I agree with TI though. The camaraderie at the field is a big part of it too.
                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Yes, a HUGE part of it!
                    But I agree, if there ever was a time to be in R/C, this is it. I remember when I first found out about Motion R/C back three and a half years ago, I thought they were pretty cool with the stock they had then, now, just look at the variety, simply crazy!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

I have enjoyed building for years but this past year my skills are waning a bit.i have a bum shoulder and my eyes were fixed and long distance is fine but detail work up close sucks, so I buying electrics for the most part.sold my last 2 gassers. And that’s ok the arms increasingly better now than they were a number of years back. And the electronics part of building was a considerable pain.framing was always simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X