X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model stands,

We had this discussion at work a few days ago and I elected to write something about it.

Let me start by asking everyone this question. Do you use a model stand at the flying field? I don't mean a table I mean a stand that will let the landing gear hang free so you can operate it and check it prior to flight. If you do not use a model stand how do you know if the retracts are up or down when you connect the battery in the plane. If your retract switch is in the up position when you connect the battery the landing gear will retract as you connect the battery and this, in turn, could damage the landing gear. Having a model stand will alleviate this issue. Placing the model on a stand will also help to prevent the model from moving in the event the throttle is accidentally moved before you are ready to fly. ​​​​​​​

Personally, I always take a stand to the flying field and I often place the model on a stand in the car traveling to and from the field.

Martin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Model stand.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	78485 ​​​​​​​
    Attached Files

We should have that style of stand coming soon Martin.

Comment

My wife builds mine, she enjoys it as much as I do building planes. AHHHH, a match made in Heaven!!
      Just got the materials to make a 5 plane rack for hauling the birds to Nefi !

Grossman56
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8507.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	78577Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8508.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	78578Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8509.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	78579
      Team Gross!

Comment

Nice! Did you glue them together completely, or can they be broken down for storage? Doc

Comment

I use a stand for all my retract gear models. I would like one that has some sort of latch or mechanism that would allow it to fold flat for transport. The ones I have now require disassembly.

Comment

Mine can be broken down. Also, if you use 1" pipe, you can slide a .75" pipe inside it and make them expandable, just drill a hole to pin them to whatever length you want.
            The new one will allow me to store three planes on the bottom (wings removed) and two on top, all within the confines of the truck box, still using the topper, will take pics once its done.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
            X