You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another DISAPPOINTING, BORING product announcement from Horizon!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always understood that FMS was Durafly but perhaps I was given wrong information. This was years ago.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post

Ok I keep getting contrary information. Is Durafly made by FMS? Is Avios a sub of FMS? Or Durafly or what?
      No, Durafly is a brand supported by several suppliers, one of which USE to be FMS (up until the 4 blade Mk-24 in 2014) Avios is a HK brand, just like Durafly, again nothing to do in any way with FMS. If anyone says otherwise, they are blowing smoke.

S.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart.MotionRC View Post

No, Durafly is a brand supported by several suppliers, one of which USE to be FMS (up until the 4 blade Mk-24 in 2014) Avios is a HK brand, just like Durafly, again nothing to do in any way with FMS. If anyone says otherwise, they are blowing smoke.

S.
        Thanks.
        Appreciate the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          Durafly is FMS. It's Hobby King's brand made by FMS just like FlightLine is our brand from Freewing.
          That was true many years ago. To my knowledge, FMS and HK have not done any business together in many years at this point.

Comment

Yep, sounds like I was running off of obsolete info. LOL
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

After the earlier debate about what FMS did and didn't produce, as well as key tell-tale signs of who produced what, I'm just going to leave this here.

Comment

I'm kinda surprised that this thread is still alive after nearly 2 years. Some answers have been given by credible people and I thought it was put to rest. Once upon a time, in a land not so far away, I used to concern myself with this topic, but only to see the "foot in mouth" response from those who "knew it all". A lot of water has gone under the bridge sine this thread started and the "today" me, really don't give a crap. If it looks nice, priced right and I like it, I'll buy it and take a chance with it. Don't really care who actually makes it.

Now, looking back at my posts about Eflite and Banana Hobby products, I come here to eat crow. My original Convergence and now my Mini Convergence have proven to be steller models. The biggest problem wasn't that the product was crap. It was more that people didn't understand them and nor did they put some effort into setting them up properly and learning the nuances of how to fly them, of what NOT to do when flying them. Same goes for the Banana Hobby V-22 Osprey. I bought my second one (white) and kept my grey one for spares. That's how much I like it. Again, it's a plane that an owner must learn to understand how the flight controller works and fly it knowing that there are certain things that one CANNOT do. These flight controllers are just little brains and one must understand (to some extent) how it thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by rampage View Post
                  After the earlier debate about what FMS did and didn't produce, as well as key tell-tale signs of who produced what, I'm just going to leave this here.

Now that's pretty funny!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X